PDA

View Full Version : Mugen Civic Type R

Ferrer
06-22-2009, 03:42 PM
That's a bit desperate. Almost makes the Megan R26R look classy...

YouTube - Mugen Honda Civic TYPE R UK-Spec 240HP

f6fhellcat13
06-22-2009, 03:46 PM
That is torturous.
Got any stats?

LeonOfTheDead
06-22-2009, 03:49 PM
It's Mugen, what did you expect? :p

It's so japanese it's almost cute.
I have to say the actual a car looks better than those renderings, still it needs a ton of sponsors' stickers to camouflage a bit all it's tackiness.
I don't mean zOMG+100bhp stickers, actual racing ones.
It seems like it was supposed to race in a minor series of the JGTC

EDIT for F13etcetc: 240 bhp, 2.0 liter

Ferrer
06-22-2009, 03:53 PM
It's Mugen, what did you expect? :p

It's so japanese it's almost cute.
I have to say the actual a car looks better than those renderings, still it needs a ton of sponsors' stickers to camouflage a bit all it's tackiness.
I don't mean zOMG+100bhp stickers, actual racing ones.

I'm sorry but I can't drive around in a bright red hatchback with an enormous wing on the back. I just can't. No matter how good it is. :p

fisetdavid26
06-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Honda's thank you to chavs.

f6fhellcat13
06-22-2009, 03:56 PM
There are not nearly enough louvers and vents. The brakes, engine, and turbo are all going to overheat. Nothing a few NOS stickers can't fix, though.
Also the application of four or five intercoolers to the exterior would help.

danke.
Is that with or without stickers?

Ferrer
06-22-2009, 04:01 PM
I also can't see much the point of those special editions. I mean this is going to be an expensive, unpractical, hard to live with everyday car. And yet it's little more than a (very) hotted up econobox. Why not go for a proper sportscar at this point? Surely it'd be better to drive, and just as expensive, unpractical and hard. Buying this is like fighting with one arm tied to the back before starting. I like hot hatches. But they should be simple, cheap and practical. If you take these out of the equation they make little sense to me.

LeonOfTheDead
06-22-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm sorry but I can't drive around in a bright red hatchback with an enormous wing on the back. I just can't. No matter how good it is. :p

Why not?!
Imagine yourself chasing a white 406 on Champs Elysees...
Seriously, I'll never drive one of these on a public road, not even if painted in an actual racing livery.

There are not nearly enough louvers and vents. The brakes, engine, and turbo are all going to overheat. Nothing a few NOS stickers can't fix, though.
Also the application of four or five intercoolers to the exterior would help.

danke.
Is that with or without stickers?

Stickers should be worth an overall 3 kilotons of bhp if my calculations are correct.
I think a slightly larger exhausts could increase the total figure to supernova level, need to ask to a pro sticker printer.

06-22-2009, 04:04 PM
i'd say it's no more chav than the focus RS
and probably faster around a track

but the panting in the video is just scary...

NSXType-R
06-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Call me mad, but if you delete the wing as I imagined it, it wouldn't look so bad anymore.

But yeah, the wing does ruin it a bit.

On the other hand, I wonder if we're going to see it in Gran Turismo 5. :p

LeonOfTheDead
06-22-2009, 04:08 PM
I also can't see much the point of those special editions. I mean this is going to be an expensive, unpractical, hard to live with everyday car. And yet it's little more than a (very) hotted up econobox. Why not go for a proper sportscar at this point? Surely it'd be better to drive, and just as expensive, unpractical and hard. Buying this is like fighting with one arm tied to the back before starting. I like hot hatches. But they should be simple, cheap and practical. If you take these out of the equation they make little sense to me.

Sense isn't computed in hot hatches in first place.
You know there are FWD lovers who just dies for these things.
It's like a race car available, it's just as pointless GT3 RS perhaps, just less "cool" to the normal eye.
I don't mind them, and I'm not sure I would get one if I could. Not specifically these, just a too-hot hatch in general. They perhaps don't make sense, but either sportscars really do tbh.

f6fhellcat13
06-22-2009, 04:11 PM
It's kinda like: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachments/miscellaneous/282776d1218510570-motivational-posters-possibly-nws-civic.jpg

LeonOfTheDead
06-22-2009, 04:17 PM
It's kinda like: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachments/miscellaneous/282776d1218510570-motivational-posters-possibly-nws-civic.jpg

if you think you are going to be the cool kid just because it's a Mugen, then yes, you just payed 30k for a Civic, and you deserve it.
If you plan to track it and has a soft spot for fwd madness, then it's definitely worth the price. It's obviously personal.

cargirl1990
06-22-2009, 04:37 PM
the Mugen here has like 198 bhp. i feel ripped off compared to the Euro version with like 240bhp. i want that instead of the one here.

LeonOfTheDead
06-22-2009, 04:41 PM
the Mugen here has like 198 bhp. i feel ripped off compared to the Euro version with like 240bhp. i want that instead of the one here.

that shouldn't be the Mugen, the standard Type R has 200-ish bhp.
Probably this and all the other Mugen won't be sold in Europe other than in the UK, if not because they have the steering wheel with a small yet fundamental issue.

Ferrer
06-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Sense isn't computed in hot hatches in first place.
You know there are FWD lovers who just dies for these things.
It's like a race car available, it's just as pointless GT3 RS perhaps, just less "cool" to the normal eye.
I don't mind them, and I'm not sure I would get one if I could. Not specifically these, just a too-hot hatch in general. They perhaps don't make sense, but either sportscars really do tbh.
I think hot hatches make a lot of sense. They are good drivers cars that at the same time are practical for the family man or woman who has children or elderly parents to carry around. This way you can have fun with a practical car.

However if I wanted the ultimate drive, why get stuck with the compromises a hot hatch has to have, since it's based on an econobox? A proper sportscar could offer a better driver because it's designed on purpose to do so, unlike a hot hatch. In that aspect they are far less pointless.

LeonOfTheDead
06-22-2009, 04:50 PM
I think hot hatches make a lot of sense. They are good drivers cars that at the same time are practical for the family man or woman who has children or elderly parents to carry around. This way you can have fun with a practical car.

However if I wanted the ultimate drive, why get stuck with the compromises a hot hatch has to have, since it's based on an econobox? A proper sportscar could offer a better driver because it's designed on purpose to do so, unlike a hot hatch. In that aspect they are far less pointless.

Never talked about the ultimate driving.
It could well fit the enthusiast which enjoys fwd cars, just at an extreme level.
it's very personal, as much as an Abarth 500 SS may be too hard for my mother but comfortable enough for my girlfriend. So I may like a completely trade-off-less fwd rocket rather than a somehow average rwd 350Z, guessing they could cost the same.

Chasing the ultimate driving in the technical shape would only lead to a mid engined rwd lightweight car with a bit more power than what the tires can manage at the limit but a bit less of what the chassis can handle, which is quite boring as it would lead to a lot of cars being very similar if not the same iteration of the basic rule.

The ultimate drive is just the one you enjoy the most, maybe even with the family on a minivan, who knows.
It's just about personal opinion and semantics.

If this had 400 bhp then it would have been surely pointless. In this set up, despite being quite heavy on the eye, it's nothing technically stupid or inefficient, just different from the "ordinary" rwd coupe.
I doubt a lot of similarly powered rwd cars could be faster too.

cargirl1990
06-22-2009, 05:04 PM
that shouldn't be the Mugen, the standard Type R has 200-ish bhp.
Probably this and all the other Mugen won't be sold in Europe other than in the UK, if not because they have the steering wheel with a small yet fundamental issue.

im pretty sure that North Americans ( or Canadians for that matter ) don't have the Type-R. or a Mugen with 240bhp.

clutch-monkey
06-22-2009, 05:08 PM
i think the wing is terrible; minus the wing, in proper championship white (it IS a type R after all), it would look a lot more acceptable, and i'd personally like it.
i still don't know if i'd drive one in public (maybe tint the windows) but it wouldn't be bad. it's just funky and japanese then, not pretentious and chavalicious.

cargirl1990
06-22-2009, 05:11 PM
i think the wing is terrible; minus the wing, in proper championship white (it IS a type R after all), it would look a lot more acceptable, and i'd personally like it.
i still don't know if i'd drive one in public (maybe tint the windows) but it wouldn't be bad. it's just funky and japanese then, not pretentious and chavalicious.

yeah, the wing is a little out there. what is with the Japanese and big wings anyways? im curious!

Ferrer
06-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Never talked about the ultimate driving.
It could well fit the enthusiast which enjoys fwd cars, just at an extreme level.
it's very personal, as much as an Abarth 500 SS may be too hard for my mother but comfortable enough for my girlfriend. So I may like a completely trade-off-less fwd rocket rather than a somehow average rwd 350Z, guessing they could cost the same.

Chasing the ultimate driving in the technical shape would only lead to a mid engined rwd lightweight car with a bit more power than what the tires can manage at the limit but a bit less of what the chassis can handle, which is quite boring as it would lead to a lot of cars being very similar if not the same iteration of the basic rule.

The ultimate drive is just the one you enjoy the most, maybe even with the family on a minivan, who knows.
It's just about personal opinion and semantics.

If this had 400 bhp then it would have been surely pointless. In this set up, despite being quite heavy on the eye, it's nothing technically stupid or inefficient, just different from the "ordinary" rwd coupe.
I doubt a lot of similarly powered rwd cars could be faster too.
You do bring up good points, and that many cars with different layouts and engines can be a lot fun. However out of all the layouts I've had the opportunity to drive, in general, the front engined rear wheel drive one is the one that is superior to me. Of course that's an opinion, but that's what we are here to discuss, aren't we?

As I said I like hot hatches, the good ones are brilliant. I also think that front wheel drive shouldn't automatically be discarded when you want to enjoy a good drive. Well balanced, well sorted front wheel drive cars can be a lot of fun down a proper twisty road. I'd gladly have a good one and pay for it, no problems at all.

The problems starts for me when these hot hatches become so focused they lose some of the qualities they used to have. You say they may be faster than some rear wheel drive sportscar, but in the real world that is meaningless to me. What I want is to enjoy the drive not set fast lap times. On that basis an FR layout offers you advantages than a FF can't have, no matter how optimised it is. Hot hatches work because they are cheap, simple and practical. I don't want to spend upwards of 40 thousand euros on what basically is a hotted up econobox, because I doubt it can give the same driving pleasure as an equivalent sportscar even if it's faster.

A normal Civic Type R makes much more sense to me because it's almost as good, but it's much cheaper, so there's no sportscar alternative. And therefore you don't need to make what could be argued would be unfair comparisons.

clutch-monkey
06-22-2009, 05:24 PM
also, did they fix the rear suspension.

DesmoRob
06-23-2009, 12:30 AM
So its got a tuned K20A motor in it still? The car doesn't look half bad. I wouldn't mind having one, and I imagine it would offer plenty of thrills. When I think of how much fun my POS '92 civic was, this thing must be the god of Vtec :p.

clutch-monkey
06-23-2009, 12:37 AM
try an S2000 :p

DesmoRob
06-23-2009, 12:41 AM
Throw the two on a track. Which one is your money on?

clutch-monkey
06-23-2009, 12:51 AM
S2000. guy in the civic can push it to the limit safer, but the guy in the S2000 is having more fun.

DesmoRob
06-23-2009, 12:54 AM
S2000. guy in the civic can push it to the limit safer, but the guy in the S2000 is having more fun.

That may very well be, but I can't see something even as nimble as the S2000 beat what is undoubtedly a car designed FOR the track. Plus, you've got chassis flex in the open top car. Not having read the specifications I'd say the weight in the Type R is slightly down on the S2000 due to not having the convertible, and on top of that it will be stiffer. They have equal power. It may come down to whoever can drive better.

clutch-monkey
06-23-2009, 01:02 AM
the civic type R wieghs ~1300kg, a good 100kg more than the S2000 iirc.
plus being designed from the ground up as convertible and nothing but a convertible the rigidity on the S2k is fine. And the type R has a torsion bar rear suspension :mad: unlike previous gens.

plus i'd use that s2k in particular, it has an equaliser :D

DesmoRob
06-23-2009, 01:11 AM
plus i'd use that s2k in particular, it has an equaliser :D

Well I'll have the 360 spider then. It doesn't need an equalizur :D.

clutch-monkey
06-23-2009, 01:18 AM
don't make get an NSX-R and really open up a can of vtak! :p

cargirl1990
06-23-2009, 05:01 AM
Well I'll have the 360 spider then. It doesn't need an equalizur :D.

are you loaded?!?!?! :eek::eek:

LeonOfTheDead
06-23-2009, 06:00 AM
You do bring up good points, and that many cars with different layouts and engines can be a lot fun. However out of all the layouts I've had the opportunity to drive, in general, the front engined rear wheel drive one is the one that is superior to me. Of course that's an opinion, but that's what we are here to discuss, aren't we?

As I said I like hot hatches, the good ones are brilliant. I also think that front wheel drive shouldn't automatically be discarded when you want to enjoy a good drive. Well balanced, well sorted front wheel drive cars can be a lot of fun down a proper twisty road. I'd gladly have a good one and pay for it, no problems at all.

The problems starts for me when these hot hatches become so focused they lose some of the qualities they used to have. You say they may be faster than some rear wheel drive sportscar, but in the real world that is meaningless to me. What I want is to enjoy the drive not set fast lap times. On that basis an FR layout offers you advantages than a FF can't have, no matter how optimised it is. Hot hatches work because they are cheap, simple and practical. I don't want to spend upwards of 40 thousand euros on what basically is a hotted up econobox, because I doubt it can give the same driving pleasure as an equivalent sportscar even if it's faster.

A normal Civic Type R makes much more sense to me because it's almost as good, but it's much cheaper, so there's no sportscar alternative. And therefore you don't need to make what could be argued would be unfair comparisons.

Exactly that: personal opinions.
I don't think this is so pointless for their future owners, just to those who aren't going to consider it, like you, and a lot of other people.
I see the point for an extreme car like this as much as I see it for an extremer 350Z just to keep the comparison going. It's just an matter of points of view and taste.
Surely thinking it's a Civic which costs twice the original car isn't helping, but in this way a few cars can survive the reasoning, even the GT3 RS or even an M3.
Considering how I approach to a sporty driving, I'd prefer an extreme car for the weekend at the track and a normal one to bring it there as even a 320i, then a 350Z all the week, maybe.

RacingManiac
06-23-2009, 10:54 AM
The problem with this one is not the fact that it looks like that or that it is too ricy or whathaveyou, the problem is that this(Jalopnik - Mugen Civic Type R Revealed - Civic (http://jalopnik.com/cars/honda/mugen-civic-type-r-revealed-273586.php)) is much better....

Rasmus
06-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Where's Julian Morrow when you need him

YouTube - The Chaser - Wanker Number Plates

Anyway, in all seriousness, here's a comparison between the S2K and the Mugen R. I'd probably still go for the S2K because of the fun factor:

YouTube - Mugen Civiс RR vs S2000

DesmoRob
06-23-2009, 11:48 AM
are you loaded?!?!?! :eek::eek:

LOL. Well I'm not struggling. But no, I don't have a Ferrari. I do plan on it one day. The 360s are dropping nicely in value. The cheapest among them are already in the $70K USD range. In a couple of years that won't be so unrealistic for me.

DesmoRob
06-23-2009, 11:52 AM
don't make get an NSX-R and really open up a can of vtak! :p

Wow, I forgot about the NSX altogether lol. That car would probably suck the little civic up through its intake, chew it up with its pistons, and crap it out the back of its exhaust instead of merely passing it on the track. :D

RacingManiac
06-23-2009, 01:52 PM
also, did they fix the rear suspension.

UK Civic Type R is still the twist beam rear...which makes a car a poor substitute for the JDM spec one. Which btw is about as fast as the FD3S RX7 around a track....

Ferrer
06-23-2009, 02:16 PM
UK Civic Type R is still the twist beam rear...which makes a car a poor substitute for the JDM spec one. Which btw is about as fast as the FD3S RX7 around a track....
Apparently because of that they aren't selling many EDM Type-Rs. And that's why they are making this version.

RacingManiac
06-23-2009, 02:25 PM
I wonder what the price difference is between a grey market imported JDM Type R/Mugen Type R vs the UK-spec models....

Roentgen
06-23-2009, 06:25 PM
I don't think there are much Mugens round where I live... what a pity. But then chances are, if I want a hot hatch, I would most likely get a Mini Cooper S. Seriously, they grow on you.

Anyway I reckon they should revive the NSX.

clutch-monkey
06-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Where's Julian Morrow when you need him

YouTube - The Chaser - Wanker Number Plates (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGyH8Kf_0Fg)

the DRF7N or whatever, that guy copped so much shit on the forums :D

LOL. Well I'm not struggling. But no, I don't have a Ferrari. I do plan on it one day. The 360s are dropping nicely in value. The cheapest among them are already in the $70K USD range. In a couple of years that won't be so unrealistic for me.
my guilty pleasure ferrari is a 512/testarossa... no idea why, want to rebuild one, do the equivalent of a fiorani/HGTE pack for it

yeah, the jdm one is a whole different ball game imo.
for some reason the EDM version has been selling like mad here, but i suspect it's not to car enthusiasts as such - more people looking for a sportier civic. i shit you not, i see a one everyday on average when driving around.
so far as i can tell this is either a poor man's substitute for an integra type R or just a really hardcore civic

cargirl1990
06-23-2009, 06:46 PM

oh... OK! :D

I don't think there are much Mugens round where I live... what a pity. But then chances are, if I want a hot hatch, I would most likely get a Mini Cooper S. Seriously, they grow on you.

Anyway I reckon they should revive the NSX.

yeah, Mini Cooper S's do gro on you like how the Supra and NSX and S2000 and MR2 grew on me! and they totally have to bring back that NSX!

cmcpokey
06-23-2009, 06:59 PM

this.

whiteballz
06-23-2009, 07:46 PM
The bias of some members amazes me constantly.

cmcpokey
06-23-2009, 08:13 PM
The bias of some members amazes me constantly.

were you calling me out? i miss my mini every day. i still think it is a fantastic car, and dont think there is a hot hatch available in the US that is better.

f6fhellcat13
06-23-2009, 08:25 PM
were you calling me out? i miss my mini every day. i still think it is a fantastic car, and dont think there is a hot hatch available in the US that is better.
I think Kitdy would try to tell you the Honda Fit/jazz is better in every way.

Basically all else we got is the big fundamental: the GTI if we are talking true hatches, not just speedy compacts, though.
Mini's are very expensive, but I guess the secondhand market is flooded as my friend's mom just got a CPO '04(not sure on this bit) with 25,000 miles for $12.5k.

whiteballz
06-23-2009, 09:02 PM
No - I wasn't calling you out,

Earlier in the thread the number of people saying that because its "just" a japanese econobox it would automatically be shithouse and/or boring.

f6fhellcat13
06-23-2009, 10:16 PM

Earlier in the thread the number of people saying that because its "just" a japanese econobox it would automatically be shithouse and/or boring.

You could've definitely put me in that category. After watching Rasmus' vid, I'm am impressed. They actually tune the suspension, they don't just make it unbearably hard because it's "sporty", and that engine sounded great. I still don't like the car, especially the hatch, but I respect it a bit more.
Seeing as the most popular Nip shitbox is the Corolla, I don't think most of us can be blamed for thinking they're boring, though. ;)

Now I'm off on a JDM, y0 binge. moar hakosuka and ken+mary plz

cargirl1990
06-23-2009, 10:19 PM
You could've definitely put me in that category. After watching Rasmus' vid, I'm am impressed. They actually tune the suspension, they don't just make it unbearably hard because it's "sporty", and that engine sounded great. I still don't like the car, especially the hatch, but I respect it a bit more.
Seeing as the most popular Nip shitbox is the Corolla, I don't think most of us can be blamed for thinking they're boring, though. ;)

Now I'm off on a JDM, y0 binge. moar hakosuka and ken+mary plz

describe how Corolla is a crapbox. ( i don't like to curse. )

f6fhellcat13
06-23-2009, 10:22 PM
It isn't shitty as a transportation module. In fact, it has a sterling record as one, but for getting an enthusiast's hear pumping, it fails massively.
Also, shitbox is just a general term for an el cheapo car, it doesn't necessarily have to be shitty to achieve that moniker.

cargirl1990
06-23-2009, 10:25 PM
It isn't shitty as a transportation module. In fact, it has a sterling record as one, but for getting an enthusiast's hear pumping, it fails massively.
Also, shitbox is just a general term for an el cheapo car, it doesn't necessarily have to be shitty to achieve that moniker.

LOL! i see now! thanks! :D

clutch-monkey
06-23-2009, 11:12 PM

isn't this one made in england
and still has the ecobox rear suspension
and thus won't be as good as the JDM version

DesmoRob
06-24-2009, 12:04 AM
my guilty pleasure ferrari is a 512/testarossa... no idea why, want to rebuild one, do the equivalent of a fiorani/HGTE pack for it

That was one of the first toy cars I ever owned as a small child lol. It was a commercial gift from the local bank in Germany called Kreissparkasse. This was back in 1990. I still have it sitting on my shelf today, next to all the other Ferraris. :)

What is your plan for rebuilding the car? Do you have a goal with a set time that you want it finished by? You'll want to consider making friends with a mechanic that specializes in these sorts of cars. Parts and labor will add up quickly, and you might even end up wishing you'd just bought a completed one to begin with. You can always customize it to your liking afterwards. Unfortunately, putting an old Ferrari together isn't as easy or "inexpensive" as an american muscle car, where parts are somewhat easy to come by and many can do the labor. Make sure to do all of your homework before you go into it.

The reason I prefer the newer stuff is because its typically far more reliable. It may not have that unique hand built feel to it, but its also less prone to falling apart than the older models. Even the 355 and 360 are ages apart in quality and durability although one came right after the other. The newer they get, the better they become. That said, when it comes to an exotic car, you simply have to buy what your heart desires and not what your common sense tells you to. I just naturally happen to love the 360 over all the others.

Ferrer
06-24-2009, 04:30 AM
Indeed. Excellent car.

I didn't say that.

Ferrer
06-24-2009, 04:33 AM
That was one of the first toy cars I ever owned as a small child lol. It was a commercial gift from the local bank in Germany called Kreissparkasse. This was back in 1990. I still have it sitting on my shelf today, next to all the other Ferraris. :)

What is your plan for rebuilding the car? Do you have a goal with a set time that you want it finished by? You'll want to consider making friends with a mechanic that specializes in these sorts of cars. Parts and labor will add up quickly, and you might even end up wishing you'd just bought a completed one to begin with. You can always customize it to your liking afterwards. Unfortunately, putting an old Ferrari together isn't as easy or "inexpensive" as an american muscle car, where parts are somewhat easy to come by and many can do the labor. Make sure to do all of your homework before you go into it.

The reason I prefer the newer stuff is because its typically far more reliable. It may not have that unique hand built feel to it, but its also less prone to falling apart than the older models. Even the 355 and 360 are ages apart in quality and durability although one came right after the other. The newer they get, the better they become. That said, when it comes to an exotic car, you simply have to buy what your heart desires and not what your common sense tells you to. I just naturally happen to love the 360 over all the others.
I agree. But the the prospect of a 12 cylinder engined Ferrari is enticing.

It all depends on how mental you are. And how deep your pockets are... :p

clutch-monkey
06-24-2009, 04:35 AM
well only the latter is an issue to me at the moment.. :p

RacingManiac
06-24-2009, 07:32 AM
I am sorta glad that the US model Civic is based on the Japanese platform instead of the UK one. The SI now is pretty nice but we don't have the Type R here.

clutch-monkey
06-24-2009, 07:44 AM
it's the same here, but they brought the UK type R across when japan was being tight fisted with their type R
makes direct comparions pretty easy i guess haha, Si versus type R, heh.

Ferrer
06-24-2009, 07:47 AM
it's the same here, but they brought the UK type R across when japan was being tight fisted with their type R
makes direct comparions pretty easy i guess haha, Si versus type R, heh.
And what do they say?

By the way, what's the UK Civic...?

clutch-monkey
06-24-2009, 07:50 AM
the one built in england, the darth vader helmet. we only get that body shape in type R form, everything else is the cheaper japanese platform.
i dunno what they say, it's not relevant to my interests :p

Ferrer
06-24-2009, 07:52 AM
the one built in england, the darth vader helmet. we only get that body shape in type R form, everything else is the cheaper japanese platform.
I know, I know. It was a rethorical question on the EDM Civic. We also have it... :p

By the way, cheaper Japanese platform? Precisely, the EDM Civic has torsion beam rear suspension because it costs less than an IRS... :confused:

clutch-monkey
06-24-2009, 07:54 AM
built in the UK though :p
yes. but apparently the JDM platform is cheaper for whatever reason iirc. i can't remember why, probably more to do with it costing more to build in the UK with labour cost than any specific design feature?

RacingManiac
06-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Japanese/North American model are 3 box sedans and Coupe. UK model comes in the hatchback. The powertrain is pretty similar(I guess barring the diesel and Type R variant in US, and perhaps Hybrid). The US/JDM car also comes with 4 wheel fully independent suspension(McPhereson strut front, multi-link rear), UK model has twist-beam type suspension rear, to accommodate the low rear floor of the hatch.

R4ab*
06-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Nice design

rangeron20s
07-01-2009, 11:13 AM
wow
hondas can be beasts

cargirl1990
07-02-2009, 04:35 PM
wow
hondas can be beasts

i don't know about that.... just joking peeps!:p Welcome to UCP by the ways! :)

Ferrer
07-07-2009, 08:03 AM
There's a prototype now, apparently.

MUGEN Euro confirms Type R prototype development - Worldcarfans (http://www.worldcarfans.com/109070320279/mugen-euro-confirms-type-r-prototype-development)