PDA

View Full Version : Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2

WyleECoyote
06-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Just spotted these over at Car pictures and wallpapers - NetCarShow.com (http://www.netcarshow.com)

No Details, just pics. Is it a replacement\facelift of the Superleggera?

ScionDriver
06-28-2009, 08:51 PM
I got a semi just looking at that. That is a sexy machine.

cmcpokey
06-28-2009, 08:52 PM
i approve of this message.

cargirl1990
06-28-2009, 09:25 PM
thats nice! i always loved my Lamborghini's. very well designed. :D

akrmalas
06-28-2009, 09:42 PM
nice:)

cargirl1990
06-28-2009, 09:48 PM
now if only i could sit in it...

Ferrer
06-28-2009, 10:17 PM
I doubt the replacement for the Superleggera would actually be less powerful than the standard car.

cargirl1990
06-28-2009, 10:25 PM
I doubt the replacement for the Superleggera would actually be less powerful than the standard car.

basic Gallardo: 500-520 bhp.
Gallardo Superleggera: 521 bhp.
oh so significant indeed...:rolleyes:

Ferrer
06-28-2009, 10:26 PM
basic Gallardo: 500-520 bhp.
Gallardo LP 560-4: 552 bhp.
The basic Gallardo is the LP560. It's the facelifted version of the old one, which has ceased production.

cargirl1990
06-28-2009, 10:27 PM
The basic Gallardo is the LP560. It's the facelifted version of the old one, which has ceased production.

* facepalm * :o

demonrunning07
06-28-2009, 10:31 PM

learn something new every day...lol

Bob
06-28-2009, 10:35 PM
is everyone really missing the most important thing-- that 2 at the end of the name would refer to it being rwd... which would be very interesting indeed. probably considerably lighter and drive way different than any other gallardo

Roentgen
06-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Why is there a white line down middle of the car? Just... why??

Btw, I wonder where they got the picture from. I looked at the Lamborghini press site, and it isn't there... at least not yet.

demonrunning07
06-29-2009, 12:13 AM
is everyone really missing the most important thing-- that 2 at the end of the name would refer to it being rwd... which would be very interesting indeed. probably considerably lighter and drive way different than any other gallardo

that's a really good point. I didn't realize it until you pointed it out but that would make this the first rwd production car Lamborghini have produced since the Diablo. Maybe Lamborghini intend this model to have a lighter, racier, and more "dangerous" feel, similar to a Ferrari F430. But if they want to make a racier version of the base Gallardo, I can't understand why they would give it less power.

Black Edition
06-29-2009, 12:43 AM
these article may be a little help about the details...

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 in the works? | Motorward (http://www.motorward.com/2009/06/lamborghini-gallardo-lp-550-2-in-the-works/)

it says there that it will be limited to only 250 units and it will be cheaper than the LP560 by almost 10 percent.

demonrunning07
06-29-2009, 12:52 AM

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 in the works? | Motorward (http://www.motorward.com/2009/06/lamborghini-gallardo-lp-550-2-in-the-works/)

it says there that it will be limited to only 250 units and it will be cheaper than the LP560 by almost 10 percent.

I stumbled upon that article too but only after I composed my concise and intuitive previous response. :p

DesmoRob
06-29-2009, 01:18 AM
This would be lamborghini saying, "You're dead meat, Scuderia." This is what's been missing. Rear wheel drive configuration with the traditional ball on a stick gear box. This car will surely help redirect lost attention back to Lamborghini. Good to see they're throwing the balls to the walls. I can feel an interesting top gear episode coming up too, if this is for real.

Its surprising that the car is cheaper than the non limited 4 wheel variant to begin with. Obviously the residual value of the 550-2 will prove to be superior to the latter though as time goes by.

Why is there a white line down middle of the car? Just... why??

So that even an idiot can see that this car is a bullet about to be fired from a rifle that is aimed directly between the eyes of Ferrari's current track superstar, the F430 Scuderia.

2ndclasscitizen
06-29-2009, 01:29 AM
I think the 10 less hp will be more than compensated by the 100kg from dropping the AWD.

LeonOfTheDead
06-29-2009, 06:01 AM
I don't care about the power, and I don't think this will be as extreme as a Superleggera or a Scuderia. Definitely interesting to see rwd again on a Lamborghini, and finally the Gallardo will be a bit mroe different from the R8.

LeonOfTheDead
06-29-2009, 07:44 AM
from kldconcept.com

Gallardo lp550-2
0/100km/h : 3.9s
550 HP
2 roues motrice
30kg de moins
8 couleur disponible
sticker bande blanche et liseré dorée
Full option (GPS, freins céramique, cuir stage 2, etc..)
Limité ā 250 exemplaires

just 30 kg saved is simply rubbish and usually this site is quite reliable.
I'm disappointed.
Or better: I'm not disappointed by Lamborghini, I'm disappointed by the fact I thought Lamborghini was actually doing something more than PR stunts.

Ferrer
06-29-2009, 07:55 AM
I think I don't understand this car.

teatako
06-29-2009, 08:13 AM
from kldconcept.com

I'm disappointed.
Or better: I'm not disappointed by Lamborghini, I'm disappointed by the fact I thought Lamborghini was actually doing something more than PR stunts.

You get a luxurious mid engine sports car - only more involving. Me, I see the logic. Plus, Lambo get to charge even more for the Superleggera version of that! ;)

LeonOfTheDead
06-29-2009, 08:37 AM
You get a luxurious mid engine sports car - only more involving. Me, I see the logic. Plus, Lambo get to charge even more for the Superleggera version of that! ;)

No, or at least not yet.
Just because it's rwd it doesn't imply a damn thing.
Being rwd should imply a massive weight reduction, which it doesn't, let alone if it will be better or worst to drive. As if awd cars are a pain in the ass as a given fact.

The Superleggera was a bit of an experiment I think, to see how far Lamborghini could have gone. Just 131 units and at a relatively small bump in price are too good to be true.
it could have been just a way to boost the G's sales before of the restyling, without risking too much with an higher price or a too large run (see less exclusivity).
It was also a pretty simple project, a Gallardo tuned for the track, something I perceived more extreme and less interesting than a Scuderia or Challenge Stradale as these are (or appeared to be in the reviews) definitely more enjoyable on everyday roads and trips.
i think a lot of brands and engineers could set up a car to deliver racing perfomances while being road legal, the point is that this isn't interesting as a given fact, let alone something useful, as the road, as opposed to the track, is made of tradeoffs and variable situations, not only temperatures, grip, or rain.

Ferrer
06-29-2009, 08:51 AM
No, or at least not yet.
Being rwd should imply a massive weight reduction, which it doesn't, let alone if it will be better or worst to drive. As if awd cars are a pain in the ass as a given fact.
But... but they are! :)

I like the rear wheel driveness of it, but why make it lighter and then stuff it full of equipment? Why have an engine 10bhp less than the four wheel drive car? Why have that awful paint scheme?

LeonOfTheDead
06-29-2009, 08:58 AM

I like the rear wheel driveness of it, but why make it lighter and then stuff it full of equipment? Why have an engine 10bhp less than the four wheel drive car? Why have that awful paint scheme?

It isn't lighter. If it weights just 30 kg less than a standard LP560-4 equally equipped, you can't blame the options but, I'm afraid, just the poor and hasty engineering to revive Lamborghini's sales and pretend to have something different from an R8 in your line up.

teatako
06-29-2009, 09:34 AM

Of course it doesnīt. But then again a nutrition bar is no subsitute for eating fruits and vegetables. Does that make sense? The fact RWD doesnīt imply a damn thing doesnīt mean you canīt sell it as it did. And, who knows, RWD just might make a difference.

Of course RWD should imply a great weight reduction, (or kudos to Lambo for making drivetrain components that weigh next to nothing) but you do a RWD version of the Gallardo because you want certain handling or marketing characteristics, not because you want to shed weight.

Maybe theyīve realised Lambo customers arenīt total track rats, and they want their quarter million dollar supercar to be comfy as well as fast. (EDIT: and RWD lulz)

Of course itīs a hasty effort and of course this limited RWD Lambo is an experiment. But it is urgent to differentiate the Gallardo from the R8, agree?

The proof thereīs a place in the world for a 2WD Gallardo is thereīs a certain company that sells RWD and 4WD versions of their sportscars. Which happens to be a very profitable one.

demonrunning07
06-29-2009, 09:43 AM
from kldconcept.com

I'm disappointed.

I was really starting to like the idea of a crazy rwd Lamboghini that wil kill Jeremy Clarkson (as he's going backwards at 150mph, in a ball of smoke, yelling "POWER!") but the stats don't seem to hint at this at all. If it's not significantly lighter than the standard car and with less hp, this car doesn't make any sense at all. And what makes even less sense is the idea that Lamborghini would build a cheaper model of the base model of it's cheapest car. Hopefully this is either a bad rumor or or the stats are wrong. It's not that I don't believe you, Leon, I just don't want to. :(

LeonOfTheDead
06-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Of course it doesnīt. But then again a nutrition bar is no subsitute for eating fruits and vegetables. Does that make sense? The fact RWD doesnīt imply a damn thing doesnīt mean you canīt sell it as it did. And, who knows, RWD just might make a difference.

Of course RWD should imply a great weight reduction, (or kudos to Lambo for making drivetrain components that weigh next to nothing) but you do a RWD version of the Gallardo because you want certain handling or marketing characteristics, not because you want to shed weight.

Maybe theyīve realised Lambo customers arenīt total track rats, and they want their quarter million dollar supercar to be comfy as well as fast. (EDIT: and RWD lulz)

Of course itīs a hasty effort and of course this limited RWD Lambo is an experiment. But it is urgent to differentiate the Gallardo from the R8, agree?

The proof thereīs a place in the world for a 2WD Gallardo is thereīs a certain company that sells RWD and 4WD versions of their sportscars. Which happens to be a very profitable one.

don't knwo if you were listening, but Porsche isn't profitable recently.

BTW, if they don't think their customers are track rats, why to bother with the SuperTrofeo and doing laps and laps with LP560s at the same event as an advertising stunt?
Also, having seen the LP560-4 on the track, I think it was pretty funny for the future owners, and easy to put on sideways.
If I wanted a better handling or more funny car, I 'd make it lighter, and then 2wd. if not the two things together, as a 2wd should weight considerably less.
Differentiating from the R8 should have been a priority during the development of the two, not now. And in this way it's just hurting Lamborghini (in my book).
After all they are the same company, if differentiating was a priority even now, why the release of the R8 V10? I'd have kept the Audi with the V8, perhaps I'd have created an extremer-track-oriented-or-whatever version, but surely now a clone of the Gallardo with a bit less bhp and a larger budget.

JRodrigues
06-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Could it has homologaton purposes, or there isn't any championship that requires drivetrain equal to road car?? :o

and don't forget that thiscar has the full options list.

LeonOfTheDead
06-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Could it has homologaton purposes, or there isn't any championship that requires drivetrain equal to road car?? :o

Both the Gallardo and the Murcielago have been converted to RWD by Reiter with poor racing results, running in GT1 and GT3 respectively. A GT2 contender based on the LP560 is already under final stage of testing.
On the other hand, the SuperTrofeo is keeping the AWD system.
Note that relationships between Reiter and Lamborghini are quite close, so I'd say the homologation purposes unfortunately to be excluded.

teatako
06-29-2009, 10:07 AM
don't knwo if you were listening, but Porsche isn't profitable recently...

Haha, I havenīt. My Porsche comment was fail, I accept that. But still there must be a commercial reason why they keep selling 2WD and 4WD regular 911īs.

Maybe Lambo is changing the strategy. Maybe their marketing dudes didnīt see the need for RWD carsītil now. As you said yourself it is an experiment. Maybe thatīs what they learned from their track-tuned Superleggera. "Why make a track only car when you can make a harder-core but still luxurious version?"

I absolutely concur on your comments on why make a V10 R8 and differentiating from the R8 before.

EDIT: And btw Iīll take mine in the older body style, with the new wheels and green. Good taste is a dreadful thing, as Picasso said it so rightly.

LeonOfTheDead
06-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Haha, I havenīt. My Porsche comment was fail, I accept that. But still there must be a commercial reason why they keep selling 2WD and 4WD regular 911īs.

Maybe Lambo is changing the strategy. Maybe their marketing dudes didnīt see the need for RWD carsītil now. As you said yourself it is an experiment. Maybe thatīs what they learned from their track-tuned Superleggera. "Why make a track only car when you can make a harder-core but still luxurious version?"

I absolutely concur on your comments on why make a V10 R8 and differentiating from the R8 before.

I was referring to the Superleggera as "the experiment" as opposed to this, but you may be right.
Still think that has an harder-core car 30 kg are an save weight I wouldn't even quote in the press release. All at once Edo's 2wd Murcielago with a saved weight of just 70 kg makes a huge sense, or at least it stands for a good engineering achievement...

teatako
06-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Well, that tells you theyīre very serious about their shedding weight ;) :rolleyes:

Itīs a different kind of "hardcore", more hedonistic, less wannabe racer/petrolhead. Very Lambo. However,the driving characteristics ought to be very noticeably more exciting, or else itīs fail.

Who knows, if this goes well, we might get a really nice 2WD hardcore Gallardo ā la Scud, but with carpets. Thatīd make me happy.

Ferrer
06-29-2009, 10:43 AM
I thought it was the other way round...

I'm with teatako, I don't think the experiment (if there's one) is within the hardcoreness of it. It's within the rear wheel driveness of it, if there's any.

fisetdavid26
06-29-2009, 10:53 AM
I agree with all of the arguments above, but whatever...

I'm disappointed.

I'm fine with 10 less bhp, but only 30 less kg... come on. Lambo, remove at least 100 kg, ditch everything that's luxury and give us an hardcore version of the Gallardo in which we can die in a fiery fireball doing barrel rolls through the Pearly Gates.

Bob
06-29-2009, 02:06 PM

EDIT: And btw Iīll take mine in the older body style, with the new wheels and green. Good taste is a dreadful thing, as Picasso said it so rightly.
Porsche is not profitable because they bought more than they could handle. As far as selling cars and making money on them goes, I think they're doing just fine.

I agree with all of the arguments above, but whatever...

I'm disappointed.

I'm fine with 10 less bhp, but only 30 less kg... come on. Lambo, remove at least 100 kg, ditch everything that's luxury and give us an hardcore version of the Gallardo in which we can die in a fiery fireball doing barrel rolls through the Pearly Gates.

agreed, absolutely.

LeonOfTheDead
06-30-2009, 08:29 AM
Porsche is not profitable because they bought more than they could handle. As far as selling cars and making money on them goes, I think they're doing just fine.

agreed, absolutely.

A 30% drop in sale could have helped their own crisis though.

Soloracer
06-30-2009, 10:27 AM

+1

I would love to see this car in RWD, it certainly should weight less, the only major problem with the -4 models thus far, oh and the understeer should be gone.

Ecnelis
06-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Officially Official: Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni

Ferrer
06-30-2009, 11:09 AM
I still can't understand this car. And I tried reading the press release.

This also bodes very well with what Lamborghini's boss said about four wheel drive being an integral part of Lamborghini's DNA time ago...

And by the way if I was a ma like Balboni with such a history within the company I'd be annoyed that the car that honours me is an Audi.

DesmoRob
06-30-2009, 12:15 PM
And by the way if I was a ma like Balboni with such a history within the company I'd be annoyed that the car that honours me is an Audi.

LOL, too funny.

They should have built him a one-off Diablo 6.0.

F1_Master
06-30-2009, 02:04 PM

Sadly, it won't. The price is actually shooting up $20,000 & Lamborghini has decided to add Valentino Balboni's name to it, calling it another special edition model.

Kitdy
06-30-2009, 02:56 PM

You've been asking for rear wheel drive from Lamborghini for such a long time, and when they deliver it - you complain! The relative weight of it is puzzling though - what was added? The less power is very odd as well - why not a bit more power. Isn't that how limited editions work?

I woulda figured for you Ferrer that the fact it was rear wheel drive would eliminate the other "problems" with this car. I recall reading a review of the 560-4 and it was amazing; I don't doubt that this one will be amazing either.

Ferrer
06-30-2009, 03:09 PM
You've been asking for rear wheel drive from Lamborghini for such a long time, and when they deliver it - you complain! The relative weight of it is puzzling though - what was added? The less power is very odd as well - why not a bit more power. Isn't that how limited editions work?

I woulda figured for you Ferrer that the fact it was rear wheel drive would eliminate the other "problems" with this car. I recall reading a review of the 560-4 and it was amazing; I don't doubt that this one will be amazing either.
I like the fact that it is rear wheel drive. And I also like the press pics with a manual car, no flappy paddle nonsense.

But I still can't understand it. As you say why 10bhp less? And why lighten but then add a ton of equipment? Experiments? Limited editions?

In my opinion there should no experiments or anything, just make all Lambos rear wheel drive and call it a day. I honestly can't see the point of this car, altough that doesn't mean I hate it.

Kitdy
06-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Would this car be your selection in the current Lamborghini lineup?

wwgkd
06-30-2009, 03:16 PM

Personal preferences can account for much of that. So many people diefy the Veyron and gush about how it is the all time king of super cars. I have trouble liking any sports car that weighs more than an F-150, regardless of what else it an do.

I for one was expecting much more from a RWD version in the stats department and it leaves me wondering what it would be like to drive with a little less enthusiasm than I had previously felt for the concept. Did they decide not to increase the power because they were worried about percieved 'safety'? If so, that would kind of be a downer. When it comes down to it loving a car is about passion and passion is highly subjective and can be influenced by little details like that.

Ferrer
06-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Hard question actually. On the one hadn it's the only two wheel drive Lambo currently on sale, but on the other hand it's pretty much an Audi. The Murcielago is four wheel drive, but it's a proper Lambo, V12 engine, mad doors, impractical proportions and all.

It's near the top, but I don't know if it's the one I'd choose.

Kitdy
06-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Here are the weights of the various Gallardos via UCP:

Lightest to heaviest

Gallardo Superlegerra 1330 kilo / 2932.1 lbs
Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni 1380 kilo / 3042.4 lbs
Gallardo 1430 kilo / 3152.6 lbs
Gallardo LP560-4 1500 kilo / 3306.9 lbs

I guess it would be more ideal were this car lighter than the Superlegerra, but it also has a larger engine by 200 ccs which will account for some weight. It isn't really that bad I don't think. I also learned that the V10 in the Gallardo is undersquare which I find a bit odd.

Kitdy
06-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Hard question actually. On the one hadn it's the only two wheel drive Lambo currently on sale, but on the other hand it's pretty much an Audi. The Murcielago is four wheel drive, but it's a proper Lambo, V12 engine, mad doors, impractical proportions and all.

It's near the top, but I don't know if it's the one I'd choose.

Why is the Gallardo pretty much an Audi?

Ferrer
06-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Why is the Gallardo pretty much an Audi?
Because it's as near as makes no difference an Audi R8. IIRC LotD even said that some parts had Audi badges on them.

Kitdy
06-30-2009, 04:14 PM
Because it's as near as makes no difference an Audi R8. IIRC LotD even said that some parts had Audi badges on them.

But did not the Gallardo come out years in advance of the R8? I know Audi owns Lamborghini, but it would seem to me the R8 is a Lamborghini, not the other way around. That is unless Audi had a significant role in designing the Gallardo. If the Gallardo was designed by Lamborghini for the most part, even if it uses Audi parts, I would still say it's soul/DNA is Lamborghini. If not, then maybe not.

Ferrer
06-30-2009, 04:24 PM
But did not the Gallardo come out years in advance of the R8? I know Audi owns Lamborghini, but it would seem to me the R8 is a Lamborghini, not the other way around. That is unless Audi had a significant role in designing the Gallardo. If the Gallardo was designed by Lamborghini for the most part, even if it uses Audi parts, I would still say it's soul/DNA is Lamborghini. If not, then maybe not.
Well, you you asked why the V10 engine is undersquare. It's because it's based in Audi's 90š V engine architecture. Audi's 3.2 litre V6, 4.2 litre V8 and 5.2 litre V10 all share the same bore and stroke.

Kitdy
06-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Well, you you asked why the V10 engine is undersquare. It's because it's based in Audi's 90š V engine architecture. Audi's 3.2 litre V6, 4.2 litre V8 and 5.2 litre V10 all share the same bore and stroke.

I knew that the engine was Audi related. What about the chassis though? I know the engine is the heart of the car and if the heart of the car is based on an Audi design that takes way form the "Lamborghininess" of the Gallardo but surely there is more to the engine than just the block/bore/stroke.

Even if it is just an Audi (yes I know how much you hate Audis) this is one damn fine Audi at least - have you read the reviews? Is it really that bad that it and the R8 are similar?

Ferrer
06-30-2009, 04:40 PM
I knew that the engine was Audi related. What about the chassis though? I know the engine is the heart of the car and if the heart of the car is based on an Audi design that takes way form the "Lamborghininess" of the Gallardo but surely there is more to the engine than just the block/bore/stroke.

Even if it is just an Audi (yes I know how much you hate Audis) this is one damn fine Audi at least - have you read the reviews? Is it really that bad that it and the R8 are similar?
It's not the fact that it's bad a car, which as you say it isn't, that annoys me. It's annoys me for the same reason the Astonota annoys me. I don't want rebadged cars. I want unique cars, I want cars that stand true to their principles, not that they are trying to sell you a badge.

There are plenty of examples as we discussed in the Toyoartin thread. The Audi A3, the Cadillac BLS, the Alfa Romeo MiTo and many more. Thing is, I don't want being ripped off, and when I buy a car I want to feel than I'm buying for something, not because it has a badge or a name. The Arnage v Continental series is a classic case in point. I'm sure the Continental is a much better car than the Arnage objectively, but if I bought one I couldn't help feeling that I just bought an expensive Volkswagen.

And this is the same. The R8 is fine, you may like it or not but it's an Audi and a proper one at that. If I buy a Lambo I want a Lambo not an Audi with an augmented pricetag.

I know this could be potentially controversial and that many people won't agree, but that's how I see it.

Kitdy
06-30-2009, 04:54 PM
A few things. Did Audi since the start of the Gallardo program plan on bringing out the R8?

Why did the old V10 not share the same bore and stroke?

You didn't address the issue of design - if the Gallardo is an in house Lamborghini design, then is it not a Lamborghini and the R8 is the impostor?

As for Arnage vs Continental, I'm not sure that the Continental would be an o bjectively better car.

Ferrer
06-30-2009, 05:36 PM
A few things. Did Audi since the start of the Gallardo program plan on bringing out the R8?

You didn't address the issue of design - if the Gallardo is an in house Lamborghini design, then is it not a Lamborghini and the R8 is the impostor?
I don't know but the original one had too many Audi parts, not only the engine (which shares the bore and stroke with Audi's 3 litre V6) but the interior too for instance, for it to be a 100% inhouse Lambo design. Then there's the four wheel drive which certainly is an Audi trademark. And finally the R8. I'd say too much of a coincindence there to not have any sort of Audi involvement...

As for Arnage vs Continental, I'm not sure that the Continental would be an o bjectively better car.
Well it's cheaper, faster and uses less fuel. However it certainly doesn't have the sense of occasion an Arnage has.

Kitdy
06-30-2009, 05:45 PM
I never said it was 100% a Lamborghini, but say it's 75% or so then I'd consider it a Lamborghini. They may well have raided Audi's parts bin but that doesn't mean it's an Audi.

As for the Continental vs. Arnage, is not the Arnage one of the absolutely top flight luxury sedans along with only the Phantom and Maybach? Doesn't that say anything about it?

EDIT: Lamborghini used all wheel drive before Audi came into play, did they not? Is not Lamborghini's all wheel drive system different than Audis?

JRodrigues
07-01-2009, 02:12 AM
The only problem is: Lamborghini belongs to Audi.

Wouter Melissen
07-01-2009, 02:30 AM
The only problem is: Lamborghini belongs to Audi.

When Lamborghini built the Diablo, it was owned by Chrysler. I don't see how ownership would be a problem.

ruim20
07-01-2009, 02:55 AM
Well i'm a bit puzeled about the weight to, maybe when the first unit start coming of the line we'll know the real weight.

Now, even with 10 less horse power the car should be puting more power on the road than the 560, it does have less drive train parts so less loss in power to wheels.

JRodrigues
07-01-2009, 03:20 AM
When Lamborghini built the Diablo, it was owned by Chrysler. I don't see how ownership would be a problem.

I meant the problem for Ferrer ;)

Black Edition
07-01-2009, 05:39 AM

Audi = awd technology in lamborghini

LeonOfTheDead
07-01-2009, 05:53 AM
Sadly, it won't. The price is actually shooting up $20,000 & Lamborghini has decided to add Valentino Balboni's name to it, calling it another special edition model.

Actually in Italy the VB edition will cost 7.000 € less than the LP560-4

Here are the weights of the various Gallardos via UCP:

Lightest to heaviest

Gallardo Superlegerra 1330 kilo / 2932.1 lbs
Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni 1380 kilo / 3042.4 lbs
Gallardo 1430 kilo / 3152.6 lbs
Gallardo LP560-4 1500 kilo / 3306.9 lbs

I guess it would be more ideal were this car lighter than the Superlegerra, but it also has a larger engine by 200 ccs which will account for some weight. It isn't really that bad I don't think. I also learned that the V10 in the Gallardo is undersquare which I find a bit odd.

Sorry but those figures are wrong or reffering to different weight (dry, loaded etc etc)
From Lambroghini's press releases, dry weight for the VB is 1.380 kg, and 1.410 kg for the LP560, so just 30 kg less as previously rumored.

The chassis is the same, both build in Germany, then the G's are sent to Italy with the other components and the car is "just" assembled" out of main parts pre-assembled somewhere else, while the Murcielago is actually built in Sant'Agata.

See above, so I think the R8 was planned if not since the very beginning of the Gallardo project, right after its first positive reviews.

Audi = awd technology in lamborghini

Lamborghini has AWD technology since so much before of Audi becoming the owner of the company.

Ferrer
07-01-2009, 12:38 PM
I meant the problem for Ferrer ;)
Oh no, it's a common VAG thing to spoil perfectly good car brands with stupid cars.

cargirl1990
07-01-2009, 06:18 PM
I think I don't understand this car.

Oh no, it's a common VAG thing to spoil perfectly good car brands with stupid cars.

thats cute Ferrer! you not understanding the Lambo is cute. awww wittle Ferwer :p! if i had my name on a Lambo, i'd just put it on there for being the Biggest Douche On UCP! VAG?!?!?!?! whaaa.... :eek:

F1_Master
07-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Actually in Italy the VB edition will cost 7.000 € less than the LP560-4

That's in Italy. In the US, it's $20,000 more.

LeonOfTheDead
07-02-2009, 02:25 AM
That's in Italy. In the US, it's $20,000 more.

My apologies, I just read the press release, the price I got was wrong (168.000 €). In the release they say EU price is 162.000 € plus taxes, so it's 194.400 € in Italy, and that's to say that here it's 18.500 € more than the LP560-4.:o

F1_Master
07-02-2009, 08:54 PM
For so much more money, I can see why people would be upset; they're getting "less" car for more money.

I wonder, if VB hadn't retired that Lamborghini would have still introduced this car, but actually marketed it as a model under the LP560-4.

fisetdavid26
07-03-2009, 12:12 AM
thats cute Ferrer! you not understanding the Lambo is cute. awww wittle Ferwer :p! if i had my name on a Lambo, i'd just put it on there for being the Biggest Douche On UCP! VAG?!?!?!?! whaaa.... :eek:
Volkswagen Audi Group ;)

Ecnelis
07-03-2009, 12:12 PM
The colors... #1

Ecnelis
07-03-2009, 12:13 PM
The colors... #2

F1_Master
07-03-2009, 04:09 PM
That black is sick! :eek:

cargirl1990
07-03-2009, 07:01 PM
The colors... #1

the blue one is MINE!

lenny
07-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Glad to see Lambo came back with a RWD model....Any chance to make a RWD LP640?!

Macross Rs
07-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Ouch! 18.500 € more than the LP560-4!?
I think this is all about marketing, bringing back a RWD is quite a big thing for lambo....