PDA

View Full Version : Zolfe Orange GTC4

Ferrer
07-03-2009, 02:14 PM
ZOLFE ORANGE GTC4 All New British Sports car makes production debut

Zolfe Orange, the latest all new British sports car, is making its production debut at Autosports 2009 on the Evo Magazine stand. Combining stunning good looks with lightweight design, the Zolfe is set to challenge more established competitors in this market sector. The front engined rear wheel drive car will provide vice free handling and astonishing performance. The fruits of a new collaboration between Midlands business entrepreneur and car enthusiast Nic Strong and former Caterham Technical Director, Jez Coates, the Zolfe will be available to purchase at the show.

Assembling the Dream Team

Zolfe’s key partners include Stadco, MTCe, Simpact, AP Racing, Avon Tyres, Powertorque Engineering and KN Engineering.

Stadco

Stadco are a tier one supplier to the high volume car industry with customers that include Land Rover, Jaguar, Aston Martin and Ford. Stadco have engineered and set-up North American production of the Ford GT, the recent re-incarnation of the multiple Le Man winning icon, the Ford GT40. The GT’s aluminium space frame is testimony to Stadco’s wide ranging capability in vehicle structure design.

Ergonomics

Zolfe has taken full advantage of Stadco’s extensive whole vehicle development experience to engineer several critical aspects of the Orange. The original design has been benchmarked against competitor vehicles including the Audi TT and Porsche Boxster, to ensure the production version can accommodate a 95 percentile male complete with racing helmet. The seating position ergonomics and relationships with steering wheel, gearstick etc. conforms to strict EEC standards and all legal requirements in terms of vision angles.

Matra et Alpine
07-03-2009, 02:26 PM
hmm looking at the dimensions and the history of those involved I think this'll turn out to be a Caterham spaceframe chassis with a body fitted over it :)

cargirl1990
07-03-2009, 07:09 PM
looks like a Corvette in the back, a Mustang by the C pillars, and a 240Z in the front. the conclusion? i think i like it... :)

LeonOfTheDead
07-04-2009, 02:33 AM
More of a Spyker in the back.

digitalcraft
07-04-2009, 04:59 AM
It looks like a toy model.

whiteballz
07-04-2009, 05:23 AM
hmm looking at the dimensions and the history of those involved I think this'll turn out to be a Caterham spaceframe chassis with a body fitted over it :)

If so, Epic.

bodywise, it almost reminds me of a few one off MX-5's you see floating around japan.

Dantera22B
07-04-2009, 11:18 AM
I remember reading about this in EVO magazine last year, still sounds like a very promising little sports car.

Wenkel
07-04-2009, 12:06 PM
But will it suffer the same fate as TVR or will it prosper like Ariel? That is what worry's me about these backyard projects. They start off well in the paper but when it's time to come out and prove that you are for real, most of them crash and burn.

But anyway, best of luck for a car that such a good pedigree and stunning looks.

Wenkel
07-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Adendum to my previous post: the front lights and hood remind me of a Porsche 997 or / and a Porsche 911.

DesmoRob
07-04-2009, 12:21 PM
They must've been inspired by the Ford Daytona Coupe. Nice car.

Ferrer
07-04-2009, 12:24 PM
But will it suffer the same fate as TVR or will it prosper like Ariel? That is what worry's me about these backyard projects. They start off well in the paper but when it's time to come out and prove that you are for real, most of them crash and burn.

But anyway, best of luck for a car that such a good pedigree and stunning looks.
But isn't that a speciality of the british sportscar manufacturers...?

Let's remind ourselves of some good ol' Sniff Petrol greatness. :)

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/BritSupercarForm.gif

LeonOfTheDead
07-04-2009, 01:11 PM

I'm not sure if I would call TVR a "backyard projec" though.

07-04-2009, 09:38 PM
looks good, but ridiculous name...
does it come in other colours?

i like the "can accommodate a 95 percentile male" bit

LeonOfTheDead
07-05-2009, 01:57 AM
looks good, but ridiculous name...
does it come in other colours?

i like the "can accommodate a 95 percentile male" bit

according to some shots of the production line, nope, only orange :D.
Seriously there seems to be a black one under assembly:
Company - Zolfe UK (http://www.zolfe.com/Company.htm)