PDA

View Full Version : The First EVER GT3 comp

Mustang
05-15-2004, 04:21 PM
Rite here we go with the first ever GT3 comp, the enterants for this weeks comp are; Stratos, Cotterick, Challenger, cp01ae, Whiteballz, deffenbaugh03, Painterr, KKO, fpv_gtho, UK CARS and koenigsegg cc, 350hp_civic, bige321786 and finally SPN: DOC

this comp will be open untill next friday night when i will take all the times of the people who have posted one, and on saturday make a thread showing the winner and the latest points for everyone.

the points will be as below;
1st Earns 8 point
2nd Earns 6 points
3rd Earns 5 points
4th Earns 4 points
5th Earns 3 points
6th Earns 2 points

Car
Anyway onto the car and what we are allowed to do to it, the car that we are using is a Lancer Evolution V GSR, and the mods that we are allowed to do to it are;

semi racing exhaust system
clutch / twin
transmition / semi - racing
LSD / 1.5 way
turbo kit stage 1
Sports tyres
AVC controller
and the Variable center dfferential controller.

these are the only mods that you are allowed to buy for your car so that they are set up the same to start with, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED HYBRIDS, but you are allowed to change anything that you want in the settings ( things such as gear ratios and ride height)

Track

The track that we are using will be Apricot Hill Raceway II, what you will be able to do is do as many laps as you want to set up your car, but you are only allowed to post once on the thread showing your time. If any of you guys out there have got a digital camera then i would be greatful if you could take a pic of your time so that we are all sure there are no cheats. :)

good luck to all you guys who are entering

James

Mustang
05-15-2004, 04:23 PM
if anyone wants to know anything further that you think i might have midssed then please post here and i will get back to you :D

Cotterik
05-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Let the race begin :D ( good choice with the Evo V GSR James :) )

bige321786
05-15-2004, 04:59 PM
i'd love to participate
any chance i can get in this or do i need to wait until next week?

painterr
05-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Hmmm stock supension This ought to be interesting!

350hp_civic
05-15-2004, 07:40 PM
is it too late for me to enter? :D

kko
05-15-2004, 09:52 PM
i have time to go buy an evo

does the winner choose the next track ?

fpv_gtho
05-15-2004, 10:30 PM
This should be interesting, i think i won an EVO V GSR not that long ago. Just to avoid some confusion, i gather that by racing tyres, you dont mean slicks?

Mustang
05-16-2004, 01:39 AM
is it too late for me to enter?

i'd love to participate

i suppose that since this is the first week i will allow you to enter but i will not allow this any other week :) i will add you two into the first thread with all the particepants in.

Hmmm stock supension This ought to be interesting!

i did this because i thaught that it would make it slightly different and more challenging. also i am just finding out how 'well off' people are and what they can afford.

i have time to go buy an evo. does the winner choose the next track ?

what i think we will do is the winner can choose the next track but i will choose the car so that i am still sort of in controll of the thread :)

This should be interesting, i think i won an EVO V GSR not that long ago. Just to avoid some confusion, i gather that by racing tyres, you dont mean slicks?

when i say racing tyres i do not mean slicks i mean the second set of tyres along called 'racing tyres'

Mustang
05-16-2004, 01:44 AM
Let the race begin :D ( good choice with the Evo V GSR James :) )

thanks Rik, i will be choosing a higher class car next week i think so start saving :p not that you will need to but now. just out of curiosity and to know what sort of price range i can use for you lot to buy cars, How much money/ credits/ Kudos do you guys have on GT3 :confused:

fpv_gtho
05-16-2004, 01:49 AM
dont worry about funds for me, ive got about 3 million

SPN:DOC
05-16-2004, 01:58 AM
Don’t worry about me for funds i have 12.6mil, just checking you mean the second ones along they are sports tyres... is that the ones you mean... :confused:

Mustang
05-16-2004, 01:59 AM
dont worry about funds for me, ive got about 3 million

i guess that it is ok then for you, how bout everyone else.

Good luck to yall entering the comp :D

Mustang
05-16-2004, 02:00 AM
Don’t worry about me for funds i have 12.6mil, just checking you mean the second ones along they are sports tyres... is that the ones you mean... :confused:

yes oops i guess i was relying to much on memory :o soprts tyres for everyone

your founds sound quite enough for this comp

fpv_gtho
05-16-2004, 02:01 AM
I'm comtemplating whether i shoudl post the time i got today, or wait until thursday or some time to post it. I was impressed with the final time i got today, and no doubt im bound to shed some time from it if i practise during the week, but then no doubt after Painterr's time around Laguna Seca, i dont think i'll win this round

Mustang
05-16-2004, 02:04 AM
I'm comtemplating whether i shoudl post the time i got today, or wait until thursday or some time to post it. I was impressed with the final time i got today, and no doubt im bound to shed some time from it if i practise during the week, but then no doubt after Painterr's time around Laguna Seca, i dont think i'll win this round

i would like it better if you just do it in one final post at the end of the week because this makes it easire for me when i am going through getting everyones final score, if you want on that thread (at the end of the week)you can post your times for each day that you got and i will use your fastedt one :)

fpv_gtho
05-16-2004, 02:07 AM
yeah, i noticed in the first post that you mentioned one post for the time per entrant, and im just tossing up the idea whether to wait or not because i know im not going to win with Painterr entered :o

Mustang
05-16-2004, 02:13 AM
yeah, i noticed in the first post that you mentioned one post for the time per entrant, and im just tossing up the idea whether to wait or not because i know im not going to win with Painterr entered :o

yes but you are using exactly the same car, the only differance that could be is how he sets his cars up (maybee he might be able to give us all some tips one day to help us) other than that it is just the drivers skill. I concidered making it so that you cant make any changes so that it would be even more equil but i decides against it. :)

05-16-2004, 02:24 AM
Oh ye one more thing in transmition / semi - racing gear ratios cannot be adjusted, my gear ratios are a little low at the top off the hill but it goes, and the ride height cannot be adjusted without racing suspension, just thought I should tell you's... :)

Mustang
05-16-2004, 02:26 AM
Oh ye one more thing in transmition / semi - racing gear ratios cannot be adjusted, my gear ratios are a little low at the top off the hill but it goes, and the ride height cannot be adjusted without racing suspension, just thought I should tell you's... :)

OK WHAT I WILL DO IS SAY THAT YOU CAN USE THE RACING SUSPENTION BUT THEN THAT IS IT

05-16-2004, 02:29 AM
OK WHAT I WILL DO IS SAY THAT YOU CAN USE THE RACING SUSPENTION BUT THEN THAT IS IT

ahaha sweet... :D :D

Mustang
05-16-2004, 02:38 AM
ahaha sweet... :D :D

this is a message to everyone no more mods now no matter what you say next week i will have more time to set up the car and make sure that everything that you have been saying this time is corrected. i will also be moving up to a more expensive car every week.

oh well ill say it again good luck :D

350hp_civic
05-16-2004, 03:56 AM
hehehe fun fun fun, go for the most expensive car you can next week then go for a crappy car the next. just an opinion. :D

whiteballz
05-16-2004, 04:15 AM
well there is worry for those of you with 3 million, thats not alot of money... 34.5 million is!

is it alright if it use simualtion tyres??
(and i think you should next comp make the TCS and ASM 0 only, that would make it more realistic i think. you guys are fast, im not very pleased with the times ive been getting, i just cant seem to get the s's right.. i think theres another 4 or 5 seconds in it to get yet...

Mustang
05-16-2004, 04:33 AM
well there is worry for those of you with 3 million, thats not alot of money... 34.5 million is!

is it alright if it use simualtion tyres??
(and i think you should next comp make the TCS and ASM 0 only, that would make it more realistic i think. you guys are fast, im not very pleased with the times ive been getting, i just cant seem to get the s's right.. i think theres another 4 or 5 seconds in it to get yet...

its up to you about the tyres i put the sport onesin as the max option that you were allowed if you want to use other tyres that are lower down the scale then feel free.

if i chose the most expenive car that i could find then i dont know if all of out competitirs would be able to afford it which is why i am letting people post how much money they have

i know that challenger has got quite a good time at the moment, so keep trying :)

Mustang
05-16-2004, 04:36 AM
what do you guys think, should you be allowed to cut corners such as the first shicane (sp) after the forst corner or not?

UK CARS
05-16-2004, 04:38 AM
what do you guys think, should you be allowed to cut corners such as the first shicane (sp) after the forst corner or not?

you should be able to do it anyway you like,,,,,which ever way you thinks faster! not that a cut across the grass.... :)

350hp_civic
05-16-2004, 04:41 AM
yes :D

Mustang
05-16-2004, 04:45 AM
rite ok then next time i want the winner to choose a track tat you cant take short cuts then :p this time you can go the way that you think is fastest ;)

fpv_gtho
05-16-2004, 04:45 AM
i say just have the restrictions on the cars.

Mustang
05-16-2004, 04:50 AM
i say just have the restrictions on the cars.

ok well i might (probably) will just have tha, i dont want it getting too complicated

challenger
05-16-2004, 05:00 AM
fpv ghto

STOP asking for my time in a PM to my brother

i consider it as CHEATING.

Mustang
05-16-2004, 05:06 AM
fpv ghto

STOP asking for my time in a PM to my brother

i consider it as CHEATING.

that isnt cheating he asked me if i was allowed to tel peoplr others times, i told him that i wasnt which is not cheating.

challenger
05-16-2004, 05:12 AM
i saw that he asked you for my time.

Mustang
05-16-2004, 05:48 AM
i saw that he asked you for my time.

no he asked if i was allowed to tell anyone other peoples times :p ;) he told me that he thaught he could get alot of time of his lap and said was i allowed to tell him anyone elses time so that he could aim for it. i told him that i couldnt because it wouldnt be fair on the others :D

challenger
05-16-2004, 06:08 AM
No,

He Asked You For My Time .

Mustang
05-16-2004, 06:19 AM
Ha great guess what i dont care and you cant prove anything.

http://www.holgilein.de/schauda/verstrahltes/middle_finger.jpg

now that is the end of it i didnt tell him anything and i am not telling anyone his time OK

challenger
05-16-2004, 06:23 AM
that PM is my proof.

and y have you put a self portrait of urself on.

Mustang
05-16-2004, 06:57 AM
that PM is my proof.

and y have you put a self portrait of urself on.

yes but can you prove what it says? you really think that people are going to trust you after that BRB thing :p

anyway how are all you guys doing not having any probs with the car are you.

painterr
05-16-2004, 07:00 AM
As far as money I have 997,870,365 so I dont think that will be a problem! :D

As far as racing I have always raced as if it is a real car no hitting walls, at least two wheels on the tramac at all times (rumble strips included) no grass mowing. by cutting the chaching you will save a half second at the most off your time! So if that is to be allowed every one needs to know that I fell.

I will probably set this one out to let everyone get settled in to racing! I will be posting my setup for the car once I go back and put on the supension and rerun it. My first 109 miles I ran under 1:30

challenger
05-16-2004, 07:04 AM
yes but can you prove what it says? you really think that people are going to trust you after that BRB thing :p

anyway how are all you guys doing not having any probs with the car are you.

lets ask him, if no1 belives me.

Cotterik
05-16-2004, 08:03 AM
thanks Rik, i will be choosing a higher class car next week i think so start saving :p not that you will need to but now. just out of curiosity and to know what sort of price range i can use for you lot to buy cars, How much money/ credits/ Kudos do you guys have on GT3 :confused:

On GT3 i have around 7,000,000 credits. Thats also from completing Gran Tursimo: Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva ( you get to save bonus credits to your memory card to use on GT3) I've spent loads though, cant count how many cars are in ma garage :p The fully tweaked Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peaks is awesome!! Something around 1700 bhp!!! Thats the fastest car i have; on the maximum speed test i hit 451.8 km/h (281 mph!!!!!)
Oh the joy of being a millionaire :) :)

Mustang
05-16-2004, 08:07 AM
On GT3 i have around 7,000,000 credits. Thats also from completing Gran Tursimo: Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva ( you get to save bonus credits to your memory card to use on GT3) I've spent loads though, cant count how many cars are in ma garage :p The fully tweaked Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peaks is awesome!! Something around 1700 bhp!!! Thats the fastest car i have; on the maximum speed test i hit 451.8 km/h (281 mph!!!!!)
Oh the joy of being a millionaire :) :)

well done cotterick for getting all that you are still a bit off whiteballz yet though. well done for getting to 20 rep aswell. you can now give rep out

UK CARS
05-16-2004, 08:09 AM
you can now give rep out

hehe mustang is that a hint,, that you want some! :p

Cotterik
05-16-2004, 08:11 AM
well done cotterick for getting all that you are still a bit off whiteballz yet though. well done for getting to 20 rep aswell. you can now give rep out
awesome!! cheers guys :D *gives free drinks all around* The drinks are on me!! :p

Mustang
05-16-2004, 08:15 AM
hehe mustang is that a hint,, that you want some! :p

hey i was just reminding him nothing was being implied there ;) :p

bige321786
05-16-2004, 11:07 AM
When I go to the Run and Setting option in my Garage, I can only access Apricot Hill Raceway I. I'm 90% done with the game and have opened up every track/vehicle there is. Where are you guys being able to race on Apricot Hill Raceway II with no other cars on the track, just you and the clock?

Also, completely unadjoined to this discussion, in the US version of GT3 is there a vehicle released after completing the game, 100%? The only races I have left to do are Enduros and am only going to do them if I get a special car at the end.

Thanks in advance.
Eric Hammond

cp01ae
05-16-2004, 11:38 AM
Just to clarify, what do you mean by no hybrids?

Mustang
05-16-2004, 11:40 AM
When I go to the Run and Setting option in my Garage, I can only access Apricot Hill Raceway I. I'm 90% done with the game and have opened up every track/vehicle there is. Where are you guys being able to race on Apricot Hill Raceway II with no other cars on the track, just you and the clock?

Thanks in advance.
Eric Hammond

well i know that there are a few people who have found the race in the amature league on Gran turismo mode and are racing on that and taking down there best time. have you got all the tracks beck in arcade mode?? if so you will find it on there, you can go onto free run and you get as many laps as you want and you can change the settings on there.

hope that helps

James

Mustang
05-16-2004, 11:41 AM
Just to clarify, what do you mean by no hybrids?

well when you have things like gameshark like painterr then you are able to download extra things that the game isnt meant to have, this enables you do do things such as make the pt cruiser do 1700kmh :eek: it basically makes the car 1million times better than you could ever make it. :( and not everyone has got them which is why there is the rule.

take a look on this site for more info

http://gt3.faultysanity.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=4

painterr
05-16-2004, 12:15 PM
You can go to arcade mode/free run and you will find the track there.If I get a chance I will try and take a pic of one of my hybrid cars and let you see what it looks like. It will be the Pt Cruiser.

cp01ae
05-16-2004, 12:22 PM
Gotcha, thanks stang. I don't use that anyways, but thanks for the clarifacation.

painterr
05-16-2004, 01:06 PM
I went and took some pics of it! The first one will show that it is a FR and it has just over 1000hp and then look atthe tires. they are off of the FI. Side shot will show that I have a rake to it, where the back is higher then the front. What you dont see is what I did to the frame and the body. It hit easy 350mph on the test track and handles like a dream. It is faster then the FI's.

Mustang
05-16-2004, 01:20 PM
I went and took some pics of it! The first one will show that it is a FR and it has just over 1000hp and then look atthe tires. they are off of the FI. Side shot will show that I have a rake to it, where the back is higher then the front. What you dont see is what I did to the frame and the body. It hit easy 350mph on the test track and handles like a dream. It is faster then the FI's.

that is amazing, how much doezs all the equipment cost like connectors to tinternet and stuff so that you can make your cars like that?

painterr
05-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Just $30.00 dollars for the sharkport or the xport the program is free on my site. The shartport will get you where you can put your garage on your pc and then you can change anything you want on the car in the program I have.

Mustang
05-16-2004, 01:32 PM
Just $30.00 dollars for the sharkport or the xport the program is free on my site. The shartport will get you where you can put your garage on your pc and then you can change anything you want on the car in the program I have.

cool well i might talk to you more when GT4 comes out about tat because i would be interested in getting that. thanks painterr

Mustang
05-17-2004, 04:52 AM
ALL NEXT WEEKS ENTERANTS PLEASE READ THIS

Is everyone that wants to enter next weeks GT3 comp going to be able to afford £ 601300 ??if not then plz reply and i will change my decision of car for the next event.

P.s. that ammount is with all the mods baught too so there is nothing else to add onto that :D

Cotterik
05-17-2004, 05:32 AM
ALL NEXT WEEKS ENTERANTS PLEASE READ THIS

Is everyone that wants to enter next weeks GT3 comp going to be able to afford £ 601300 ??if not then plz reply and i will change my decision of car for the next event.

P.s. that ammount is with all the mods baught too so there is nothing else to add onto that :D

Yep no problemo 'stang. Im still experimentin with the setup for ma Evo gsr.

Painterr that is amazin!! 1064hp in a PT CRUISER!!?? ( no offense but you could've maybe chosen a better looking car :p ) with that program is there a maximum hp? or can you keep on going forever up to 1000000bhp? (apricot Hill raceway laptime: 5.2 seconds :cool: :D :cool: :D )

Cotterik
05-17-2004, 05:54 AM
By the way i tried the same track with a fully (officially) modded Lotus Motorsport Elise (exige) and it was CRAZY! realy hard to keep on the track because it weighs as much as a feather with 330hp!! Its like putting a v12 in a mini!! :eek: :eek: :D :D :eek: :eek: Jeremy Clarkson was right, nothing else handles like that thing..

Mustang
05-17-2004, 05:59 AM
Yep no problemo 'stang. Im still experimentin with the setup for ma Evo gsr.

Painterr that is amazin!! 1064hp in a PT CRUISER!!?? ( no offense but you could've maybe chosen a better looking car :p ) with that program is there a maximum hp? or can you keep on going forever up to 1000000bhp? (apricot Hill raceway laptime: 5.2 seconds :cool: :D :cool: :D )

good to see you can afford it, i doubt that 5.2 secs is the time it owuld take.

Cotterik
05-17-2004, 06:07 AM
good to see you can afford it, i doubt that 5.2 secs is the time it owuld take.
yea i no :p i think thats physically impossible :eek:

bige321786
05-17-2004, 01:54 PM
My best, official time for this competition is 1.30.941
Wish I could use the whole week to my advantage but I'm moving out of the dorms on Friday and am basically going to be using all my spare time packing up and getting ready for the move out. I have no idea how this time will stack up to you all, but, maybe, hopefully, I can get some points to my name and do better next week when I have more time to mess around with my vehicole.
Either way, best of luck to you all, and once again, awesome idea. This is great.

Mustang
05-17-2004, 01:57 PM
My best, official time for this competition is 1.30.941
Wish I could use the whole week to my advantage but I'm moving out of the dorms on Friday and am basically going to be using all my spare time packing up and getting ready for the move out. I have no idea how this time will stack up to you all, but, maybe, hopefully, I can get some points to my name and do better next week when I have more time to mess around with my vehicole.
Either way, best of luck to you all, and once again, awesome idea. This is great.

ok well thanks for entering i will store your time and see what place you can comp in. if you win your pc better be up by saturday night you will need to choose the track. BTW so far that aint a bad time

bige321786
05-17-2004, 02:46 PM
mustang: I don't think I'll have to worry about winning this week. Painterr's already given us a heads up that he's running under a minute and a half so my 1.30+ won't cut it for this week. I'm just hoping to get on the scoreboard thats all.
Take care ya'll and good luck.
Are we going to set an official number of weeks/competitions to declare an official UCP GT3 champion/winner?.........that is, before we do this all over again with the release of GT4.
By the way, does anybody have official release dates for GT4 yet?

Mustang
05-17-2004, 03:12 PM
mustang: I don't think I'll have to worry about winning this week. Painterr's already given us a heads up that he's running under a minute and a half so my 1.30+ won't cut it for this week. I'm just hoping to get on the scoreboard thats all.
Take care ya'll and good luck.
Are we going to set an official number of weeks/competitions to declare an official UCP GT3 champion/winner?.........that is, before we do this all over again with the release of GT4.
By the way, does anybody have official release dates for GT4 yet?

yes but before painterr said that he would skip this week so you guys could get going :D

we will be doing this untill GT4 comes out then the person with the most points wins :) :) easy enough

i think this it is August 13th relese date :confused: not sure though

cp01ae
05-17-2004, 04:20 PM
Yeah, 600,000 whatever sounds ok, the only thing I would like to suggest is that any further cars in any comps be a car that can be purchased, but I'm sure you already thought of that ;) Anyways, count me in for the next one too. trying to get going on this week. All I'll say for now is that I'm comfortably in the low 1'31.000's and I will get faster :)

kko
05-17-2004, 04:31 PM
funds are no prob for me, if i have a week than i just tape done the accelarator and tape the control stick to the right on the super speedway endurance so i win while im doing hw.

_________

does any one have the original setting for the f090/s, mainly gears and suspension?

my friend mest up my setting and i cant get them all the way bak.
ive gotten close but at the moment i know im missing sumthing.
so if any one could post them or pm thatd be great

kko
05-17-2004, 04:37 PM
also myrecord speed is around 630 mph in the escudo

if get the setting right u can lift the front end and then once itrs all the way of u go like a rocket! no joke

painterr
05-17-2004, 06:00 PM
I will be posting my settings for the Evo V later this evening and I am well under 1:30 but dont count my time in the finals. I just want everyone to know what can be run with my settings. Plus I will post some screen shots of my time and a couple of corners I took.

Oh KKO my top speed for the Escudo is 1034mph

kko
05-17-2004, 06:43 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
i also heard if u do it in two player and draft u can get even faster
sounds fun.
i have a felling painter well own us all....

painterr
05-17-2004, 08:18 PM
does any one have the original setting for the f090/s, mainly gears and suspension?

If my memory holds true all you have to do is go into the section where you change your parts and go to supension and click on that one you have installed and it will turn everything back to its normal settings. that goes for your trany also! If that doesnt work let me know then I will go back and check it out myself but I am pretty sure it will.

painterr
05-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Well I got a little time so here it is: I have my settings and am posting them. I hope they help. But if you have the pal version they might not work for you. We found that some car settings dont transfere to the other version that well.

I listed them as you see them on your TV screen:

SR. 4.9/3.8

RH. 99/150

SB. 8/10

SR. 8/10

CA. 1.0/2.0

TA. 0/0

STAB. 3/5

NOBRAKE ADJ

LSI 5/0

LSA. 50/0

LSD 10/0

NO GEARS

DF .19/.47

AVC 130

ASM 0

TCS 2

VCD 40%

My time with these settings is 1:26.712

I also have three screen shots: one of my time and two of the car on the track (not very good pic sorry)

UPDATE: I just noticed that the no 1 turbo was added! I ran mine with out the turbo stage 1

05-17-2004, 10:23 PM
Well I got a little time so here it is: I have my settings and am posting them. I hope they help. But if you have the pal version they might not work for you. We found that some car settings dont transfere to the other version that well.

I listed them as you see them on your TV screen:

SR. 4.9/3.8

RH. 99/150

SB. 8/10

SR. 8/10

CA. 1.0/2.0

TA. 0/0

STAB. 3/5

NOBRAKE ADJ

LSI 5/0

LSA. 50/0

LSD 10/0

NO GEARS

DF .19/.47

AVC 130

ASM 0

TCS 2

VCD 40%

My time with these settings is 1:26.712

I also have three screen shots: one of my time and two of the car on the track (not very good pic sorry)

UPDATE: I just noticed that the no 1 turbo was added! I ran mine with out the turbo stage 1

hmm.. can u adjust the Spring Rate, Damper Bound, Damper Rebound and toe Angle???

Because i cant.. the reason been is because i dont have full racing suspension only racing...?? Which suspension are we using semi- racing or fully customised..? :confused: :confused:

painterr
05-17-2004, 10:26 PM
Wow! I thought it was full racing! I could be wrong!!! when mustang123 gets on he can tell us!! if it is just racing and not full my bad!!!

painterr
05-17-2004, 10:38 PM
I just checked all the post and all he said was racing!! I took it to mean full racing!! :confused:

Mustang
05-18-2004, 01:19 AM
Sorry about that i did mean the fully customized racing suspention. :o :o

challenger
05-18-2004, 07:46 AM
hey painterr u have a great time there,

it will be good to see if any1 can beat that exept me.

Cotterik
05-18-2004, 08:20 AM
ow man no wonder my times av bin 1:30's ive bin usin stock suspension :eek: 1:25 here i come ;)

challenger
05-18-2004, 10:46 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
i also heard if u do it in two player and draft u can get even faster
sounds fun.
i have a felling painter well own us all....

i got a 1.20 mintue lap in a 2 player

dont ask me how but im not using that time because i think it was SLOW CAR BOOST.

that time on free run is impossibe. at the moment im 5 secs off that.

so i think that we shud use the free fun mide to get our times.

bige321786
05-18-2004, 11:21 AM
so i think that we shud use the free fun mide to get our times.

that is the plan.

painterr
05-18-2004, 12:55 PM
hey challenger I went and added the no. 1 turbo upgrade and dropped some more!! :D

challenger
05-18-2004, 01:01 PM
hey challenger I went and added the no. 1 turbo upgrade and dropped some more!! :D

lol

u r unbeatable, and there was me bosting abowt my time and u got a 1.26 withought a turbo. lol unbelievable, :D :mad: :cool: :o :rolleyes: :D

kko
05-18-2004, 01:02 PM
thanks painter i think that worked.
i havent been able to buy my evo yet but when i do watch out!
lol ill probly loose but o well. Can we do rallies?

Mustang
05-18-2004, 01:38 PM
thanks painter i think that worked.
i havent been able to buy my evo yet but when i do watch out!
lol ill probly loose but o well. Can we do rallies?

if you mean rally events i am no longer in charge of what tracks we use the winner chooses the next track, i only choose the car

Mustang
05-18-2004, 01:38 PM
WAHOO 900 POSTS JUST HAD TO BE DoNE :D :D :p :p

05-18-2004, 09:43 PM
ok i have a suggestion for next week's comp.. Whatever car mustang 123 dose select, everything must be done on it, etc suspension, gearing. But power must not be increased so things such as , turbo, ECU chip etc... are forbidden.. just a suggestion.. :D

woohoo... my 100 posts.. :D :D :D I’m finally a member not a junior.. :D

bige321786
05-18-2004, 09:59 PM
I don't mean to whine (and I KNOW thats what it looks like because I'm the only one that's posted my official time so far) but can we not post our settings/adjustments to our vehicles in future competitions? This is NOT meant as a personal attack painterr (AT ALL!) and your settings indicate exactly how good you truly, truly are, but I think tinkering "under the hood" so to speak with our vehicles is really half the battle. Sure driving skills, picking a good line, etc. etc. is what will really win you the race, but proper settings get you in contention.
If others say that posting settings/adjustments should be allowed, then by all means, go for it! I'll prosper from it too. But I just thought I would throw this out for discussion....
What do you all think?

Mustang
05-19-2004, 01:44 AM
I don't mean to whine (and I KNOW thats what it looks like because I'm the only one that's posted my official time so far) but can we not post our settings/adjustments to our vehicles in future competitions? This is NOT meant as a personal attack painterr (AT ALL!) and your settings indicate exactly how good you truly, truly are, but I think tinkering "under the hood" so to speak with our vehicles is really half the battle. Sure driving skills, picking a good line, etc. etc. is what will really win you the race, but proper settings get you in contention.
If others say that posting settings/adjustments should be allowed, then by all means, go for it! I'll prosper from it too. But I just thought I would throw this out for discussion....
What do you all think?

I have got no problem with you posting your settings painterr didnt have to ask so why should the rest of you, i just thaught that you might not want to incase youhad the perfect setting and you didnt want anyone else to come close to you :p :p

ok i have a suggestion for next week's comp.. Whatever car mustang 123 dose select, everything must be done on it, etc suspension, gearing. But power must not be increased so things such as , turbo, ECU chip etc... are forbidden.. just a suggestion..

I did think about that but what seems to happen is that you are ablt to chage all the settings that you want but then you cant go as fast as you want to ;) I have allready chosen next weeks car so i might concider it for the comp in 2 weeks time :D

fpv_gtho
05-19-2004, 03:10 AM
Im getting sick of playing around with the Evo (too used to the 001) so im just gunna poast my time of 1:30.141

Mustang
05-19-2004, 03:14 AM
Im getting sick of playing around with the Evo (too used to the 001) so im just gunna poast my time of 1:30.141

Ok well done fpv_gtho are you entering next week too? :)

fpv_gtho
05-19-2004, 03:18 AM
yeah, count me in. Hopefully ill have more luck with the next car and track

Mustang
05-19-2004, 03:32 AM
glad to hear it, hopefully if the track chosen is good enough then you will do good, am trying to think of anything else that might make the car a bit better :)

05-19-2004, 03:45 AM
ok put me in too James i had enough 29.647.. i think i can go a little better.. but I m happy with this time.. oh and count me in for next week :D

Mustang
05-19-2004, 03:54 AM
ok done SPN:DOC i think that i am going to post my time now i am going to be busy revising and dont want that to get im my way :)

oh well i am on a 1:30.194

challenger
05-19-2004, 10:56 AM
ahh well here it is, i dont think that i will beat this time for a while now.

1.25.729 is my final time

EDIT: at the moment my speed is in km/h i wos just wondering if anyone knows how to change it into mph or is it not possible.

painterr
05-19-2004, 01:25 PM
ahh well here it is, i dont think that i will beat this time for a while now.

1.25.729 is my final time

Challenger you gave up to soon. After I put the no. 1 turbo on I turned a 1:24.804 I am not sure of the last 4 because I'm quoting from memory. :p :p :D

mustang123 please dont put my time in when you see who won, I just did this for the fun of it!

I have an update for my settings if anyone is interested. Let me know and I will post them.

Mustang
05-19-2004, 01:36 PM
Challenger you gave up to soon. After I put the no. 1 turbo on I turned a 1:24.804 I am not sure of the last 4 because I'm quoting from memory. :p :p :D

mustang123 please dont put my time in when you see who won, I just did this for the fun of it!

I have an update for my settings if anyone is interested. Let me know and I will post them.

ok if you dont want me to put you in then i wont but it feel free to post your settings :)

challenger
05-19-2004, 02:12 PM

aahhhh well i did it to let you get a head start ;) :rolleyes: but next week i will show you what i am made of if you enter. :)

and i am using my own settings!

painterr
05-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Here are my settings I changed:

SR 9.9/7.8

SB. 10/10

SR. 10/10

TA. 0/-2

LSD. 50/0 Ididnt add the 1.5 LSD I kept it stock

Here is a quick run down of my racing line: As I crossed the starting line I tried to keep to the far left of the track with out going off the track. my speed topped out at 129mph. When I came up to the left rumble strip I turned the car into the right turn and let up on the gas after I turned it I coasted into the corner but just before I got to the apex I tapped my brake to make the front of the car to turn more into the corner once it did I was in the apex and I floored it. coming out of the corner I was usually doing anywhere from 104 to 108mph. i hugged the left side of the track until I came upto the left rumble strip and then I again turned the car into the chacine all the time I had it floored. just before I intered the first curve I hit my brake and down shifted into 5th gear. I would take the chacine about 80 to 85mph. I would hit the outsides of the rumble strips. Coming out of the last right I would be hitting anywhere from 88 to just over 90mph. the next left is a real lazy turn as I was taking it I would be shifting into sixth at 100 to 101mph. Now the then next lazy right turn I hit the rumble strip to set me up for the hard 90% turn to the left. As I came off the rumble stip I was slowing up to make the turn (I was down shifting) I wouldnt down shift into second until I was almost into the apex, once I was in the apex I floored it in second and shifted real quick because I was at the end of second gear. My speed in the corner was around 50 to 55mph. once I made the corner I worked my way back to the left side of the track. I would shift into 6th just before I came up to the big sign on the left as I passed the last big sign on the left I started to make my entrance into the long sweeping right. All the time I was still in 6th. then i let up on the gas, just before coming to the inside rumble stip I down shifted to 5th. I tried to stay off the rumble strip here because it will slow you up big time. As I was making the sweep into the corner I had to feather my gas alittle (so I wouldnt swing out to far in to the corner and loose valuable time) I tried to keep my speed at 100 to 104mph in the corner. As I came up to the series of small corners I aimed for the rumble stip on the right and hit it head on. That set me up for the next left. Once I came off the strip I was cutting across to the next left. As I came off I down shifted to 5th. I aimed for the rumble strip on the left and would hit it. That set me up for next right. Once I hit it I came off it to aim for the rumble strip on the right. Also I would let up on the gas just enough to turn the nose of the car to the inside of the turn and rumble stip. As I would hit it I would already shifted into 6th. Now as the next left was coming up I would down shift into 5th. I tried to to keep as close to the rumble stip on the inside of that corner as possible because you dont need to go to deep on the out side when coming out of the corner, if you do go to deep you will have a hard time making that next right turn.(which is the second to the last before the home stretch.) I try and not go any deeper then half way. That will give you time to get back over the the left side of the track for that next right. You come to some writting on the road that is when I down shift to 4th and start to make the turn. I take the turn some where between 76 to 80mph. the rest is history!!!

That is as close to my line I can get from memory!

cp01ae
05-19-2004, 04:44 PM
Since I'm gonna be working the rest of this week and there is a hockey game on tonight, I might as well post my time. I got 1'29.492. You can see in the pic that my fastest session is at the top in 7th spot, the ones below are other sessions in which I changed something or just wanted to stop playing for a bit. I guess we'll wait and see how this holds up. Also, count me in for the next competition

kko
05-20-2004, 02:18 PM
woot
that was hard it took me a while but very wery fun
the next car better be better looking i hate the evos over done front!

Mustang
05-20-2004, 03:57 PM
woot
that was hard it took me a while but very wery fun
the next car better be better looking i hate the evos over done front!

dont let cotterick hear you write that he lives for those cars :)

Mustang
05-21-2004, 02:32 AM
All enteries must be in by tonight.

Cotterik
05-21-2004, 02:39 AM
All enteries must be in by tonight.
ooo yea, gud job i finish work early :rolleyes:

Mustang
05-21-2004, 02:47 AM
ooo yea, gud job i finish work early :rolleyes:

Surely is

[xxx]
[>:D<]
[xx(]
[+D>]

whiteballz
05-21-2004, 05:08 AM
1:30+ i dont like this car...

Mustang
05-21-2004, 05:35 AM
is that a 1:30.ooo or a 1:30.??? :confused: i culd really do with the last 3 numbers ;)

whiteballz
05-21-2004, 05:44 PM
yea, im out completely, i think it was about a 1:30.96