PDA

View Full Version : Cayenne Balrog by Jeremie Paret (Porsche 957)

Ecnelis
07-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Porsche Cayenne Balrog by Jeremie Paret

JEREMIE PARET BALROG

The Balrog is an aggressive and punchy wide bodykit with a touch of elegance. After 8 months of research to give to his customers the best quality, Jeremie Paret is proud to introduce it to the world. The Balrog includes a front bumper with genuine Cayenne Turbo side lights and fog lights with angel eyes. This bumper improves the cooling of all intercoolers of the Cayenne, and the cooling of the front brakes. Moreover, the drilled luxury grill offers an innovative design in automotive styling. Of course, all Porsche options, like the xenon nozzles or the parking detectors, can be mounted on the Balrog bodykit. The wide fenders allow the Balrog to fit very large wheels for an improved handling and an uncompromised style with big lips. At the rear of the car, the spoiler and its diffuser give you more aerodynamic pressure. The diffuser can be removed in only a few minutes to let you install your tow hook. At last, the side skirts finish to give to the Balrog its so different and eye-catching look.

Of course, this bodykit can easily take place in Paret’s individual program and be completed by a custom interior, an engine tuning, new wheels, etc.

For more information, feel free to contact us or visit our special website
www.balrogsgarage.com (http://balrogsgarage.com)

coolieman1220
07-26-2009, 11:10 AM
fail, feels audi ish

Ecnelis
07-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Porsche Cayenne Balrog by Jeremie Paret #2

Ecnelis
07-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Porsche Cayenne Balrog by Jeremie Paret #3

Ecnelis
07-26-2009, 11:13 AM
Porsche Cayenne Balrog by Jeremie Paret #4

Ecnelis
07-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Porsche Cayenne Balrog by Jeremie Paret #5

henk4
07-26-2009, 11:16 AM
perhaps this guy can also develop a Polo Hobbit....

Ecnelis
07-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Porsche Cayenne Balrog by Jeremie Paret #6

Ecnelis
07-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Porsche Cayenne Balrog by Jeremie Paret #7

Ecnelis
07-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Porsche Cayenne Balrog by Jeremie Paret #8

LeonOfTheDead
07-26-2009, 11:41 AM
fail, feels audi ish

back in the family then.

kingofthering
07-26-2009, 12:07 PM
It's almost impossible to make a Cayenne look good.

f6fhellcat13
07-26-2009, 12:22 PM
It's almost impossible to make a Cayenne look good.
... yet all these modified ones end up looking even worse than the original and that ain't no mean feat.

aiasib
07-26-2009, 12:37 PM
are the photos noisy? or is the paint glittered?

LTSmash
07-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Well... the Trans Siberian is still the least ugly of the Cayenne's.

LeonOfTheDead
07-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Ferrari himself said the best Ferrari is the one that has still to come.
I say the best (looking) Cayenne is the one that has never been.

silverhawk
07-26-2009, 03:29 PM
the front grill reminds me of the GT-R's

clutch-monkey
07-26-2009, 03:41 PM
balrog???
yep, you shall not pass, that's for sure

CdocZ
07-26-2009, 03:49 PM
The diffuser can be removed in only a few minutes to let you install your tow hook

What.

Roentgen
07-26-2009, 07:21 PM
The front grill is the same shape as the one on the Nissan GTR... and that doesn't work.

Niko_Fx
07-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Another Cayenne? You have got to be kidding me.

henk4
07-26-2009, 11:47 PM
balrog???
yep, you shall not pass, that's for sure
at least one who may have understood my earlier post:)

W.R.
07-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Ferrari himself said the best Ferrari is the one that has still to come.

He obviously didn't anticipate the future of Ferrari very well then.

digitalcraft
07-27-2009, 01:30 AM
Gandalf help us in our time of need

NicFromLA
07-27-2009, 07:04 AM
Just awful.

I know most of you won't agree, but after the original BMW X5 and the Range Rover Sport, I think the Cayenne Turbo is one of the best looking SUVs out there. That being said, this looks like what you would drive if you were into making strippers dress up like Darth Vader.

LeonOfTheDead
07-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Just awful.

I know most of you won't agree, but after the original BMW X5 and the Range Rover Sport, I think the Cayenne Turbo is one of the best looking SUVs out there. That being said, this looks like what you would drive if you were into making strippers dress up like Darth Vader.

The Cayenne Turbo may be the best good looking, but I can't see it being good looking, as a car, as an object, as >100.000 € on 4 wheels.

DesmoRob
07-27-2009, 10:27 AM

My thoughts exact. A GT-R that's been eating out at fast food joints and left the track behind. What goes through the minds of all these guys pumping out cayenne after cayenne. They absolutely insist on answering this question that nobody asked, over and over again.

He obviously didn't anticipate the future of Ferrari very well then.

Maybe not as far as looks are concerned, because everyone has their own personal input on that, but the quality and the drivability of the cars has far outdone anything from the past, and you can't argue that. The newer they get, the less they cost to fix, and the less time you spend in the shop.

Wes.Coleman
07-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Anybody else see some GT-R in the front?

DesmoRob
07-28-2009, 12:39 AM

These guys, and me :D

The front grill is the same shape as the one on the Nissan GTR... and that doesn't work.

cargirl1990
07-28-2009, 12:42 PM

the GTR looks better than how the Porsche wears it. the Porsche looks like a pig.

switters78
07-28-2009, 05:24 PM
perhaps this guy can also develop a Polo Hobbit....

I was thinking a Nazgul Q7...

henk4
07-28-2009, 11:57 PM

would fit perfectly to a car without a soul....

LeonOfTheDead
07-29-2009, 05:15 AM

too much rings, would be a mess to rule

cargirl1990
07-29-2009, 09:45 AM
i was watching Sweet 16 on MTV with my 14 year old sister. this girl had gotten a Porsche Cayenne for her first flippin ugly car. it was costumized by West Coast Customs , and you know what that means. t.v screens in unescessary places, your name on the headrests, ugliest wheels that you ever laid eyes on, and a ridiculous paint job. let alone a over the top sound system which her dad was hesitant to purchase for her Cayenne but got it for her anyways ( that includes the headrest etc. which all cost $100,000. ) stupid spoiled brats. :mad:

Erez_Avital
07-29-2009, 10:38 AM
looks bad ass.. and i hate 90% of all SUV's..

clutch-monkey
07-29-2009, 03:21 PM

too much rings, would be a mess to rule

LOL
brilliant.

LTSmash
07-29-2009, 03:24 PM
looks bad ass.. and i hate 90% of all SUV's..

You may have a hard time making friends here with comments like that. ;)

DesmoRob
07-29-2009, 03:25 PM

haha, good call.

henk4
07-29-2009, 10:35 PM

90% of all members will be his friend.....

Erez_Avital
08-08-2009, 07:54 PM
90% of all members will be his friend.....

hehe not a big SUV fan, what can i say.. and well I'm a noob too, only been here since Jan 2004.. :p

cargirl1990
08-08-2009, 10:48 PM
is it ok if i say that i like SUV but no with a passion? i hate sport SUV's with a passion though. and i just read in Car and Driver magazine about that ugly Panamera and they brought up the Cayenne say that it's one of Porsche's best selling.
i though: WHAT!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

DesmoRob
08-08-2009, 10:51 PM
They brought it out with that in mind, because it would generate more profits. More money = more funds to develop the rest of the lineup (the cars the enthusiasts like).

cargirl1990
08-08-2009, 10:55 PM
They brought it out with that in mind, because it would generate more profits. More money = more funds to develop the rest of the lineup (the cars the enthusiasts like).

oh ok. but can the Cayenne go at Ludicrous Speed?

LTSmash
08-08-2009, 10:56 PM

But there are really only two cars the enthusiasts appreciate in Porsche's lineup, GT2 and GT3. That's a lot of filler to only make two cars that relate to diehard fans.

...I'll say it again. It's just business. :(

oh ok. but can the Cayenne go at Ludicrous Speed?

Someone just saw Spaceballs. :D

DesmoRob
08-08-2009, 10:58 PM
the turbo accelerates comparable to a boxster or boxster S, and the Turbo S goes like a Carrera 2. So, they are quite the sleepers. It'll more than wipe the grins off the faces of all the fart canned civics out there.

cargirl1990
08-08-2009, 11:01 PM
But there are really only two cars the enthusiasts appreciate in Porsche's lineup, GT2 and GT3. That's a lot of filler to only make two cars that relate to diehard fans.

...I'll say it again. It's just business. :(

Someone just saw Spaceballs. :D

ive seen it a couple of times. its epicness is hard to contain.

clutch-monkey
08-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Comb the desert!

cargirl1990
08-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Comb the desert!

We ain't found ****!

LeonOfTheDead
08-09-2009, 02:16 AM

I don't really believe at this old tale, do you? ;)
The Carrera GT, the previous 996 GT3 mk1 and GT2 mk1 came before the Cayenne probably generated "huge" profits if not payed back the investments, but they were there, pure and outrageous extreme spotscars.
And so it was before the Cayenne came.
TBH, before the Cayenne came, Porsche was about to die, but the Boxter managed to save it.
Now since the advent of the Cayenne, did you really see more sportscar from Porsche? The line-up is the same since ages, GT3 or RS models are just a matter of time every time.
If the Boxter was enough to save the company, then the Cayman could have been enough to gain a bit more money.
Yes, Porsche is a business as others (I don't see all of us in a merely economical forum though, how's this?!), and if they were willing to earn more money with the Cayenne, it's up to them, they gained money and lost some enthusiast, but they absolutely didn't have in mind to give us more sportscars as they never came. Just money.
I'm glad they are now 10 M € in red, don't ask me about VW though.

DesmoRob
08-09-2009, 06:50 AM
I don't really believe at this old tale, do you? ;)
The Carrera GT, the previous 996 GT3 mk1 and GT2 mk1 came before the Cayenne probably generated "huge" profits if not payed back the investments, but they were there, pure and outrageous extreme spotscars.
And so it was before the Cayenne came.
TBH, before the Cayenne came, Porsche was about to die, but the Boxter managed to save it.
Now since the advent of the Cayenne, did you really see more sportscar from Porsche? The line-up is the same since ages, GT3 or RS models are just a matter of time every time.
If the Boxter was enough to save the company, then the Cayman could have been enough to gain a bit more money.
Yes, Porsche is a business as others (I don't see all of us in a merely economical forum though, how's this?!), and if they were willing to earn more money with the Cayenne, it's up to them, they gained money and lost some enthusiast, but they absolutely didn't have in mind to give us more sportscars as they never came. Just money.
I'm glad they are now 10 M € in red, don't ask me about VW though.

I didn't mean that they wanted to pump out more numbers or newer models, but rather that they just wanted to invest more into developing what already exists, without creating financial discomfort. The Boxster was a fantastic way for Porsche to generate profits, because its somewhat affordable, and it has a Porsche badge on it. That alone is enough to make a lot of people want to buy one. That said, it wasn't really enough to give them a boost. That's why its hard to argue against the fact that the Cayenne brought in far more clients. Now, all of a sudden I can have a Porsche that I can take camping?! Hell I'll take two! It may not be a Porsche in any sense of the name, but it was a great way for the company to get some money rolling in.

And yes John, it may have been an inappropriate use of the word "enthusiast", but lets face it, next to the Cayenne any Porsche is an enthusiast's Porsche.:p

LeonOfTheDead
08-09-2009, 10:01 AM
I didn't mean that they wanted to pump out more numbers or newer models, but rather that they just wanted to invest more into developing what already exists, without creating financial discomfort. The Boxster was a fantastic way for Porsche to generate profits, because its somewhat affordable, and it has a Porsche badge on it. That alone is enough to make a lot of people want to buy one. That said, it wasn't really enough to give them a boost. That's why its hard to argue against the fact that the Cayenne brought in far more clients. Now, all of a sudden I can have a Porsche that I can take camping?! Hell I'll take two! It may not be a Porsche in any sense of the name, but it was a great way for the company to get some money rolling in.

And yes John, it may have been an inappropriate use of the word "enthusiast", but lets face it, next to the Cayenne any Porsche is an enthusiast's Porsche.:p

I still think the Cayman should have been enough for them. Or even the Panamera (better looking perhaps and less pretending to be an actual comfortable spacious luxury sedan rather than just a Porsche sedan).
The Cayenne (in a joint venture with the Touareg) is just over the line.
Sure it sold a lot, mainly because of the badge, but then why all the other companies in the world aren't making one? For a bunch of reasons, but I like to think that one of those is "I don't want that thing in our showrooms": ;)

DesmoRob
08-09-2009, 06:27 PM
"I don't want that thing in our showrooms": ;)

Definitely a very valid point, but I think Porsche's ceo is more business than heritage minded. You'll never see a company like Ferrari or Lamborghini bring out a production suv just to boost their sales, even if it did make sense financially. Thank god for it too, because I'd be choked up if my beloved pony car brand started whoring itself.

I hope I didn't speak too soon. We'll see what the future brings. One thing is for sure though, and that's the fact that the Cayenne makes Porsche less tasty. I don't see them as the exotic marque their name once represented. Now when I think pure production sports cars, the only names that come to mind right away are the obvious Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus. Porsche now is known only to me as "that other company that makes cars for everyone." Sad, but thats how it goes.

f6fhellcat13
08-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Definitely a very valid point, but I think Porsche's ceo is more business than heritage minded. You'll never see a company like Ferrari or Lamborghini bring out a production suv just to boost their sales, even if it did make sense financially. Thank god for it too, because I'd be choked up if my beloved pony car brand started whoring itself.
Not your pony brand, but the cow brand next door:
The LM002
http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/100-greatest/03-large/56-lamborghini-lm002.jpg

cargirl1990
08-09-2009, 06:38 PM
^even though its a Lambo, i'd never drive it. too Hummerish

wwgkd
08-09-2009, 09:29 PM
^even though its a Lambo, i'd never drive it. too Hummerish

Hey, the original millitary humvee and civilian hummer work vehicles were great. It wasn't until they tried making it into a luxury car that it started sucking. By the time the H2 and then H3 showed up, GM had pretty much ruined everything good about it anyways. I think it's funny, though, that the lambo actually weighs more than the original military humvee, even with light (spall resistant) armor.

cargirl1990
08-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Hey, the original millitary humvee and civilian hummer work vehicles were great. It wasn't until they tried making it into a luxury car that it started sucking. By the time the H2 and then H3 showed up, GM had pretty much ruined everything good about it anyways.

i don't find Hummers appealing at all...
but your totally right there.

f6fhellcat13
08-09-2009, 09:32 PM
A torque converter for every wheel!

cargirl1990
08-09-2009, 09:33 PM

yeah. wierdest wheel design ever.

wwgkd
08-09-2009, 09:35 PM
i don't find Hummers appealing at all...
but your totally right there.

They weren't supposed to be appealing, though. They were great utility vehicles until the addition of so much wannabe luxury killed that and trippled the price.

Monster truck technology FTW

cargirl1990
08-09-2009, 09:43 PM
They weren't supposed to be appealing, though. They were great utility vehicles until the addition of so much wannabe luxury killed that and trippled the price.

Monster truck technology FTW

true, true...

cmcpokey
08-09-2009, 09:56 PM
also had an on board air compressor that could adjust air pressure in the tires on the fly.

wwgkd
08-09-2009, 09:59 PM
also had an on board air compressor that could adjust air pressure in the tires on the fly.

Yeah, I kind of want that on my jeep, but it's a little beyond my ducttaping abilities.

DesmoRob
08-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Not your pony brand, but the cow brand next door:
The LM002

Fair, but there are differences, and they go as follows:

- the LM is actually cool, rare, and highly sought after
- The LM isn't a Porsche, Audi and Volkswagen all at the same time.

LeonOfTheDead
08-10-2009, 02:28 AM

as was the LM in first place.
You have to love an army asking Lamborghini to built their own off-roader :D

DesmoRob
08-10-2009, 09:08 AM
as was the LM in first place.
You have to love an army asking Lamborghini to built their own off-roader :D

Imagine a roof mounted machine gun on one of those.

LeonOfTheDead
08-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Imagine a roof mounted machine gun on one of those.

here is the car with the right paint job. I guess the machine gun could be purchased on ebay.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5d/Lamborghini_LM-002.JPG/800px-Lamborghini_LM-002.JPG

DesmoRob
08-10-2009, 09:44 AM
That thing looks like it should be on Starship Troopers

Rasmus
08-10-2009, 09:53 AM
I love the LM002, if only because of the 'WTF Lambo?' factor.

Uday Hussein Lamborghini LM002 # (http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/LM002/UdayHussein.html)

wwgkd
08-10-2009, 10:28 AM
I love the LM002, if only because of the 'WTF Lambo?' factor.

Uday Hussein Lamborghini LM002 # (http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/LM002/UdayHussein.html)

I was wondering when somebody was going to post that.

DesmoRob
08-10-2009, 11:16 AM
what a bunch of useless tits. Not a single person thought to himself "hmm this looks different, we should figure out what it is". That's the typical shoot first ask questions later mentality. What a f'ing waste of a Lambo. Idiots.

Matra et Alpine
08-10-2009, 01:39 PM
yeah, well they'll have looked under the bonnet at the OHC V12 engine out of a Countach and reckoned it was POS .... coz Detroit V8 is best :)

cargirl1990
08-10-2009, 10:25 PM
That thing looks like it should be on Starship Troopers

more like M*A*S*H. that thing is hideous.

LTSmash
08-10-2009, 11:02 PM
what a bunch of useless tits. Not a single person thought to himself "hmm this looks different, we should figure out what it is". That's the typical shoot first ask questions later mentality. What a f'ing waste of a Lambo. Idiots.

Harsh words for people who get shot at on a daily basis. But yeah, it should have been salvaged.

LeonOfTheDead
08-11-2009, 03:35 AM
Harsh words for people who get shot at on a daily basis. But yeah, it should have been salvaged.

right because you are a soldier and should be used to think while bullets are screaming at one 1 inch from your ear, you should think a bit more...smartly.
This isn't a case of "we didn't know what it was", just it was the bad man's brother's car, let's have some fun. It could have even being a Testarossa.
Next time what, they'll fill with explosive a bunker not checking if the bathroom has gold taps and it's made out of Italian marble?
I'm not pissed by the fact they just trashed without a real serious purpose a rare LM002, just that they did it only to have fun.
I can't believe, even remotely, they couldn't do differently if not trashing one of Saddam's cars, actually, I don't see why to do that in first place.

cmcpokey
08-11-2009, 07:06 AM
right because you are a soldier and should be used to think while bullets are screaming at one 1 inch from your ear, you should think a bit more...smartly.
This isn't a case of "we didn't know what it was", just it was the bad man's brother's car, let's have some fun. It could have even being a Testarossa.
Next time what, they'll fill with explosive a bunker not checking if the bathroom has gold taps and it's made out of Italian marble?
I'm not pissed by the fact they just trashed without a real serious purpose a rare LM002, just that they did it only to have fun.
I can't believe, even remotely, they couldn't do differently if not trashing one of Saddam's cars, actually, I don't see why to do that in first place.

except they used it to simulate a VBIED, and tested the strength of the walls of their installation. do i like that an interesting and rare care was destroyed, no, but as long as it led to some knowledge to make them safer then it was worth it.

wwgkd
08-11-2009, 07:13 AM
except they used it to simulate a VBIED, and tested the strength of the walls of their installation. do i like that an interesting and rare care was destroyed, no, but as long as it led to some knowledge to make them safer then it was worth it.

This. And to be fair most people would have no idea what that thing is. It really looks like some kit car or something. The fact that they didn't use the other cars he has (most of which are more recognizably valuable) probably says something. What you don't hear about here is that as a result of that they changed the way their bases were set up (mostly spacing) to prevent a similar bomb from doing damage.

LTSmash
08-11-2009, 07:27 AM
This. And to be fair most people would have no idea what that thing is. It really looks like some kit car or something. The fact that they didn't use the other cars he has (most of which are more recognizably valuable) probably says something. What you don't hear about here is that as a result of that they changed the way their bases were set up (mostly spacing) to prevent a similar bomb from doing damage.

I'm sure that the average person doesn't even know that Lamborghini made a HMMWV one off special anyway.

LeonOfTheDead
08-11-2009, 08:00 AM

My question is: did it seriously lead to some knowledge? or even, was that (blowing a random car) the only and better way to do it?
I still think it was something done just for the sake of it.

I can't seriously think they didn't know how safe those barriers were before of this or that it was the best thing to do. I'm actually wondering why we have images of this if not for the reason it was a Saddam's car, and lately also a pretty arre one.
I'd think that even if it was a Lada Samara btw.

No offense to them, it's just that I can't see this episode as something with an actual sense in it if not "ok, let's see how much explosive it takes to destroy that wall".
Again, no offense in this.

wwgkd
08-11-2009, 08:09 AM
My question is: did it seriously lead to some knowledge? or even, was that (blowing a random car) the only and better way to do it?
I still think it was something done just for the sake of it.

I can't seriously think they didn't know how safe those barriers were before of this or that it was the best thing to do. I'm actually wondering why we have images of this if not for the reason it was a Saddam's car, and lately also a pretty arre one.
I'd think that even if it was a Lada Samara btw.

No offense to them, it's just that I can't see this episode as something with an actual sense in it if not "ok, let's see how much explosive it takes to destroy that wall".
Again, no offense in this.

Certainly it wouldn't have been this popular if it hadn't turned out to be such a rare car, but this was actually useful. You could do a bunch of math to find out what will happen, but that's like taking a race car out for the first time and expecting to win after doing some math. There's variables so real life testing is necessary. Until recently they hadn't been worrying about VBIEDs as much and designed defenses against RPGs or similar, which only involve a couple pounds of explosives. The millitary actually destroys a fair number of their own vehicles every year in testing like this, this time they just used something else.

LeonOfTheDead
08-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Certainly it wouldn't have been this popular if it hadn't turned out to be such a rare car, but this was actually useful. You could do a bunch of math to find out what will happen, but that's like taking a race car out for the first time and expecting to win after doing some math. There's variables so real life testing is necessary. Until recently they hadn't been worrying about VBIEDs as much and designed defenses against RPGs or similar, which only involve a couple pounds of explosives. The millitary actually destroys a fair number of their own vehicles every year in testing like this, this time they just used something else.

I wasn't thinking about math, but rather doing actual tests in actual testing facilities were data can be collected and analyzed, the experiments repeated and so on.

wwgkd
08-11-2009, 08:44 AM
I wasn't thinking about math, but rather doing actual tests in actual testing facilities were data can be collected and analyzed, the experiments repeated and so on.

Testing facilities for this kind of this are basically the same as this, plus a high speed camera. That's all they had for testing land mine resistance of humvees. It was a landmine, a humvee chained down to keep it from going to far, a high speed camera, and a bunch of people (most of whom probably didn't actually need to be there) watching. They didn't really lose too much by doing it this way, and the results were much quicker than waiting for a 2 year study. Low tech (cheap en masse) ways of defeating explosives are usually what's used in bases, berms, sandbags and concrete walls, so a lot of data isn't as important to that as it is in testing the armor on a tank.

DesmoRob
08-11-2009, 10:04 AM

They picked their job, not me. It couldn't have been that bad of a day anyway if they had time to gut an LM and fill it with explosives. I can understand if it at least had a purpose behind it like Brendon was saying. If they learned something in the process that would later help their efficiency or benefit their safety, then yes an old Lambo doesn't have much value when compared with the peoples' lives in question. The first impression I got from it though was that they were bored and had nothing better to do, so lets screw up the enemy's car just to spite him while he's already dead. I don't care what your profession is, idiots deserve harsh words, but given that I don't know for sure what the real point of the whole project was, I'll just hold my tongue now.

LTSmash
08-11-2009, 10:12 AM
I can understand if it at least had a purpose behind it like Brendon was saying. If they learned something in the process that would later help their efficiency or benefit their safety, then yes an old Lambo doesn't have much value when compared with the peoples' lives in question.

I'm going with this. I simply can't imagine some officer authorizing the blowing up random cars for the hell of it.

LeonOfTheDead
08-11-2009, 10:25 AM
They picked their job, not me. It couldn't have been that bad of a day anyway if they had time to gut an LM and fill it with explosives. I can understand if it at least had a purpose behind it like Brendon was saying. If they learned something in the process that would later help their efficiency or benefit their safety, then yes an old Lambo doesn't have much value when compared with the peoples' lives in question. The first impression I got from it though was that they were bored and had nothing better to do, so lets screw up the enemy's car just to spite him while he's already dead. I don't care what your profession is, idiots deserve harsh words, but given that I don't know for sure what the real point of the whole project was, I'll just hold my tongue now.

I nominee Rob my advocate for this thread.:)

wwgkd
08-11-2009, 07:05 PM

Just bored soldiers is the way some articles make it sound, but if you noticed they used the same type of wall that bases use and immediately after this test they changed the design of their bases.

I'm going with this. I simply can't imagine some officer authorizing the blowing up random cars for the hell of it.

Yeah, bored soldiers do a lot (drowning an electric humvee,) but officers generally can't get away with it so much. Plus it's not like you just walk off a base with those explosives, it's actually harder to get explosives in the millitary than as a civillian at a mining supply store.