PDA

View Full Version : Fiat buys Bertone..

LotusLocost
08-10-2009, 06:02 AM
Fiat gets approval to purchase Bertone coachbuilding business: AutoWeek Magazine (http://www.autoweek.com/article/20090806/CARNEWS/908069992)

Heard "rumors" on another forum, that the plant will be used to produce Chryslers.. If that happens, this is sad news...

LeonOfTheDead
08-10-2009, 06:08 AM
Stile Bertone and the Bertone brand are still owned by the Family (Lilli Bertone), this auction only regarded the production facility and its workers.
So I think it makes sense as Bertone wasn't capable of employing those workers anymore, either had a commission in the foreseeable future. Then what Fiat intends to produce over there, I think it's a different matter.

NicFromLA
08-10-2009, 07:18 AM
I heard they're converting Chrysler factories in the US to making Fiat 500s. All I know is this country is ripe for 500s and MiTos.

LotusLocost
08-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Stile Bertone and the Bertone brand are still owned by the Family (Lilli Bertone), this auction only regarded the production facility and its workers.
So I think it makes sense as Bertone wasn't capable of employing those workers anymore, either had a commission in the foreseeable future. Then what Fiat intends to produce over there, I think it's a different matter.

I guess you are right in that matter.
Better of saving the employees.

LeonOfTheDead
08-10-2009, 09:18 AM
I guess you are right in that matter.
Better of saving the employees.

yeah, that and the fact Bertone wasn't interested in actually producing cars anymore. The plant seems to be also quite updated technology wise, so it might be a good investment too.
When I first hear about this I was scared at the idea Fiat could have transformed Bertone in a trim level as Ford did with Ghia.

Cobrafan427
08-10-2009, 01:04 PM
I heard they're converting Chrysler factories in the US to making Fiat 500s. All I know is this country is ripe for 500s and MiTos.

I would love to see the Fiat 500 here in the US, they're a very cool little car