PDA

View Full Version : Guy's Lambo declared a Lemon

ScionDriver
08-21-2009, 09:10 AM
A mysterious noise coming from the brakes lead this guy to take his Gallrado to several different dealers several times. Finally after Lambo said they wouldn't or couldn't fix it he sued under the Washington state Lemon law and won.

In case that doesn't work here is an old-fashioned link.

DesmoRob
08-21-2009, 09:55 AM
A mysterious noise coming from the brakes lead this guy to take his Gallrado to several different dealers several times. Finally after Lambo said they wouldn't or couldn't fix it he sued under the Washington state Lemon law and won.

In case that doesn't work here is an old-fashioned link. (http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/08/20/sign.az.lamborghini.lemon.knxv)

Shoulda bought an F430 spider.

switters78
08-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Maybe it has something to do with the color he chose...the brakes were squealing trying to get away from the paint...

NSXType-R
08-21-2009, 12:39 PM
High performance brakes usually squeal anyway...

Ferrer
08-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Shoulda bought an F430 spider.
More like a Toyota.

Noises and losing parts randomly is something italian cars do.

coolieman1220
08-21-2009, 03:41 PM
wonder how long he was on the waiting list for. and what he did with his other one.

kingofthering
08-21-2009, 04:38 PM
He should be glad it didn't have time to explode into a ball of flames yet.

Matt
08-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Someone should declare that man's head a lemon. How many times has someone tried to fix his skin and hair? Either not enough or way too many times. I can't tell which.

f6fhellcat13
08-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Unfortunately, I doubt replacements are available through the Washington State lemon law.

clutch-monkey
08-21-2009, 10:52 PM
squeaky brakes? oh please.
probably didn't like the brakes making squealing noises when he was cruising the boulevard trying to look awesome.

cargirl1990
08-21-2009, 11:12 PM
old guys in gorgeous cars do not mix. i wonder why the car had issues... ;)

f6fhellcat13
08-21-2009, 11:19 PM

Yes, but it's unacceptable when you're driving an Audi.

DesmoRob
08-22-2009, 12:17 AM
More like a Toyota.

that was sarcasm, but the days of italian cars losing parts randomly are over. Ferrari and Lambo (audi) both build good stuff. Keep them in good health and they'll treat you well.

Ferrer
08-22-2009, 12:37 AM
that was sarcasm, but the days of italian cars losing parts randomly are over. Ferrari and Lambo (audi) both build good stuff. Keep them in good health and they'll treat you well.
Uh no they aren't. Our Delta has already lost the sunroof cover handle and has had issues with the rear windscreen wiper. In 2 weeks of ownership... :p

DesmoRob
08-22-2009, 01:05 AM
Uh no they aren't. Our Delta has already lost the sunroof cover handle and has had issues with the rear windscreen wiper. In 2 weeks of ownership... :p

Thats just plain bad luck man :D. Its not a regular occurrence like it was in the past. All the expensive, hand built cars were notorious for losing pieces, but everything is assembled more or less the same nowadays. As long as your Delta doesn't blow up you should be okay :p.

And I've got to agree with Matt on this guy's terrible hairdoo. It looks like someone took a koala bear, tore out its guts and left the top half wrapped around a basketball to dry in the sun.

Roentgen
08-22-2009, 03:45 AM
Why can't they just replace new brakes and let him keep the car?

clutch-monkey
08-22-2009, 04:08 AM
they'd keep making noise i'd say. do they run carbon brakes on those? it'd be worse with them haha

Roentgen
08-22-2009, 05:27 AM
I'm no engineer, but from what I understand, the noise is coming from a brake caliper coming into contact with a break disk, maybe because they're badly tuned, or not adjusted properly, or maybe even a manufacturing fault. So if they simply changed the whole set, I'm sure the problem would be fixed?

Matra et Alpine
08-22-2009, 05:34 AM
^^ If it was that simple it woudl have been "fixed" :)

I'm with previous suggestion. THe guy didn't drive ti enthusiastically enough and so the rotors would go "off" and the pads not make flat contact and bingo it squeals.

coolieman1220
08-22-2009, 10:30 AM
why did lambo not just replace pads and rotors. would that not have been cheaper?

NSXType-R
08-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Unfortunately, I doubt replacements are available through the Washington State lemon law.

Well if they gave him back the money he paid for the Lamborghini it should be enough for him to get another one anyway.

DesmoRob
08-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Well if they gave him back the money he paid for the Lamborghini it should be enough for him to get another one anyway.

lambo representative: "We're so sorry for this mishap sir, let us try to make it up to you."

idiot: "I'm sorry I've lost my faith in italian cars. I'm going to take my business to Audi."

f6fhellcat13
08-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Haha, I was referring to his doo. ;)

switters78
08-23-2009, 06:18 PM
^^ If it was that simple it woudl have been "fixed" :)

I'm with previous suggestion. THe guy didn't drive ti enthusiastically enough and so the rotors would go "off" and the pads not make flat contact and bingo it squeals.

I think when you buy a Peach-colored Gallardo, you're guaranteed to never drive it enthusiastically...besides, if you go too fast, no one will see you...