PDA

View Full Version : 100 Years of Special Effects

NSXType-R
08-28-2009, 04:17 AM
Yes, this could go into the Video Thread, but I thought it was special enough to share.

YouTube - Visual Effects: 100 Years of Inspiration

I think a lot of honorable mentions are left out, but it's still a lot of fun to watch.

For instance- 2001: A Space Odyssey, and the Lord of the Rings Series. Any other movies you guys think should be on here?

And the video could have been put together more nicely- the whole list of movies could have been subtitled, instead of a whole list in the end, but hey, I didn't edit it, so I'm not complaining. And the music is nice.

Sauc3
08-28-2009, 06:46 AM
Being picky because I can, this is actually 108 years of special effects rather than 100 years of special effects.

Having said that, I recently watched a 1903 version of Alice In Wonderland - the first ever put on film - and I was surprised, especially by the context of age, at how good the 'special effects' were in it.

Also I recently watched Metropolis. Along with some special effects, the concepts behind the movie were absolutely incredible to behold, so I think that that one should be on the list as both special effects mention and inspiration.

cargirl1990
08-28-2009, 08:45 AM
- Transformers
- The Matrix
- District 9
- Jurassic Park trilogy
- Disney Pixar films
- Dreamworks animation films
- Unbreakable
- Deep Blue Sea

Roentgen
08-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Harry Potter...

And yes, definitely Transformers!

cargirl1990
08-28-2009, 08:48 PM
I hated Harry Potter ever since the first book came out. And I alway's will. And I hate the vampire crap. It's spamming all the books, movies and t.v. shows.
I has some moars:
- Charlie And The Chocolate Factory (new)
- Terminator series
- Star Trek
- Matilda

lightweight
08-29-2009, 02:20 AM
And I hate the vampire crap

Watch Bram Stoker's Dracula and you will change your mind :cool:

Roentgen
08-29-2009, 02:37 AM
I hated Harry Potter ever since the first book came out. And I alway's will. And I hate the vampire crap. It's spamming all the books, movies and t.v. shows.
I has some moars:
- Charlie And The Chocolate Factory (new)
- Terminator series
- Star Trek
- Matilda

I never said I liked Harry Potter, but it is quite a movie for special effects, and it really shouldn't be missed out/forgotten.

cargirl1990
08-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Watch Bram Stoker's Dracula and you will change your mind :cool:

I never said I liked Harry Potter, but it is quite a movie for special effects, and it really shouldn't be missed out/forgotten.

I know you didn't say that you liked Harry Potter, I was just getting that out there.:)
lightweight, for get it. I hate vampire crap. PERIOD.

lightweight
08-29-2009, 01:52 PM
for get it. I hate vampire crap. PERIOD.

Whoaaa, you almost bit my neck there :p

cargirl1990
08-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Whoaaa, you almost bit my neck there :p

LOL! irony...:D
I have thought of s'more:
- Jaws
- Twister (filled with awesome.)
- Spiderman
- Ironman
- Batman
- The Hulk