PDA

View Full Version : Rep Points

Misho
05-16-2004, 04:02 PM
Got a couple of questions regarding the rep points system.

I need to know how many points does a user give. For every 1000 posts you can give +1. And for every 100 rep points you give +1. And maybe for every membership year, you give another +1 ?!! Please explain how much each user gives and what is it dependant on. and dont just post me a link to another thread !!
More interesting is how many points does a NEGATIVE rating provide ?? I thought it was -1 for all users, but it seems that i am wrong. Last time i was here my rep was 64. Now it is 63. I looked into my CP and found a negative rating from Matra and a Positive rating from Niko. I know that Niko can only give a +1, which means that Matra actually gave me -2. Is that true ?

My other concern is more of a general call to all the members. Even if you hate the system or dont care about it, please dont abuse it. Try to maintain the credibility it has. Only give rating based on the post you read and not on the user that did the posting. Dont give ratings for no reason. Try and keep them for posts that you find to be good, i.e containing good info, good pics, helpful, funny, or whatever u think is really deserving.

---Thank you.

Misho
05-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Hey Matra, i cant beleive you gave me negative rating for making a joke !!
You are participating in ruining the rep system. Good work !!
Dont blame other for starting an "inflation" of rep points again !!
:)

:)

Niko_Fx
05-16-2004, 04:40 PM
All you said was right, I'm not sure about the negative points though. As far as I know negative reps are always 1 no matter your post count, reps nor year of membership.

Are you sure you were on 64 and not 63? Strange

Matra et Alpine
05-16-2004, 04:56 PM
.... I looked into my CP and found a negative rating from Matra and a Positive rating from Niko. I know that Niko can only give a +1, which means that Matra actually gave me -2. Is that true ?

I thought neg rating was always -1.

Matra et Alpine
05-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Hey Matra, i cant beleive you gave me negative rating for making a joke !!
No smiley !!
There was in my reply ( and a pointer that you were due a +4 rep from me and it woudl be coming )
So not sure what you're point is :)

You are participating in ruining the rep system. Good work !!
Dont blame other for starting an "inflation" of rep points again !!
I will point out to posters if I think it is likely to be detrimental to a points system which could be ruined and made "pointless" :) :) :)
I've always made fun of it when I have and it's always had a smiley.
Maybe I over-use smiley and folks aren't sure whn it IS a joke with me.
Ah well, c'est la vie !!!

Misho
05-16-2004, 05:04 PM
So now you're giving me the "c'est la vie " ?!! :D

by the way, my post also had a generous amount of smilies!! so i also dont get ur point !! :D
anyways, i'm waiting for that +4 soon !!! :D
c u @ u c p