PDA

View Full Version : Triumph Street Triple R

Kitdy
09-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Enjoy!

What's the word on these triples motorcycle fans? I've heard mixed reviews - the model refreshes on Triumphs are slower than the Japanese 4 and this hurts them when they are later in life.

TVRs4eva
09-29-2009, 07:34 PM
From what I've heard, the Speed Triples are exactly what they look like, massively-torqued wheelie machines. Lightweight, raw, and badass, but apparently somewhat unreliable. Parts and service cost a fortune, paint quality is somewhat low, but if you're dedicated enough to strip it down to a track bike and have the funds to handle the parts and any damage you do to it, they're loads of fun.

However, they don't compare to, say, a Yamaha FZ1 :)

2ndclasscitizen
10-02-2009, 01:17 AM
What's the word on these triples motorcycle fans? I've heard mixed reviews - the model refreshes on Triumphs are slower than the Japanese 4 and this hurts them when they are later in life.

They're really good motorcycles, and Triumph has made a good call not getting caught up in the whole new-bike-every-2-years thing the Japs have going on. Making the new Daytona a 675 was a great call and helped make it a great bike.