PDA

View Full Version : 1953 Ferrari 500 F2 Art

switters78
10-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Well, I've finally finished another one! It's done completely by hand in pencil, and took me 29.5 hours. This is kind of a crappy scan, but it's raining here so I can't do a proper photographic reproduction outside. When I do, I'll post it.

I'm doing a series of historic grand prix race cars, so if anyone has any suggestions as to which ones have been significant throughout the years, I'm open to suggestions. I know some of the obvious ones like the Ferrari 156F1, Mercedes-Benz W154 Silver Arrow, the Auto Unions and Dan Gurney's Eagle F1, but I'm definitely not as knowledgeable as some people on here on this subject. I know Bugatti and Lotus have been significant, among other marques, but I'm not positive on exact models. Also, I'm doing some older ones from the 50's and earlier, like this one, but I'd like the bulk of them to be between the mid 1960's to mid 1980's.

Thanks and enjoy the illustration!

faksta
10-15-2009, 01:21 PM
It's simply stunning! Looks like a photocopy to me :)
As for the suggestions, I personally would like Alfa Romeo P3 to be thought - the car with which Nuvolari is associated for me :)

bantulal
10-15-2009, 10:40 PM
ferrari sharknose 1961

henk4
10-16-2009, 12:43 AM
Well, I've finally finished another one! It's done completely by hand in pencil, and took me 29.5 hours. This is kind of a crappy scan, but it's raining here so I can't do a proper photographic reproduction outside. When I do, I'll post it.

I'm doing a series of historic grand prix race cars, so if anyone has any suggestions as to which ones have been significant throughout the years, I'm open to suggestions. I know some of the obvious ones like the Ferrari 156F1, Mercedes-Benz W154 Silver Arrow, the Auto Unions and Dan Gurney's Eagle F1, but I'm definitely not as knowledgeable as some people on here on this subject. I know Bugatti and Lotus have been significant, among other marques, but I'm not positive on exact models. Also, I'm doing some older ones from the 50's and earlier, like this one, but I'd like the bulk of them to be between the mid 1960's to mid 1980's.

Thanks and enjoy the illustration!

That's great stuff, and in case you need shots of a P3 for future reference...

switters78
10-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Ok, here's the final copy, thanks to a better reproduction. 315844

That's great stuff, and in case you need shots of a P3 for future reference...

I don't have any good shots of a P3...what have you got? :)

henk4
10-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Ok, here's the final copy, thanks to a better reproduction. 315844

I don't have any good shots of a P3...what have you got? :)

good shots of a P3....just tell me what angles you need.