PDA

View Full Version : Last two drives of 09 (Lamborghini, Viper, Ferrari,etc.)

early93viper
11-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Video I made of the last two drives (NOV 7th and 8th) of 2009:

Last Cruise of the year: Viper, Lamborghini, AMG, - Car Videos on StreetFire (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Last-Cruise-of-the-year_719538.htm?ref=71b811
13-24b4-4d0e-a1e6-9965014a22e7)

...........as you can see I am not looking forward to winter. :(

Hope you enjoy,
Dan

CdocZ
11-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Aaahhh well at least they looked like some pretty good drives, yes?

Can't wait until I have similar opportunities (aka, leave Ohio :p)

early93viper
11-16-2009, 07:01 AM
Aaahhh well at least they looked like some pretty good drives, yes?

Can't wait until I have similar opportunities (aka, leave Ohio :p)

Yes, they where some great drives going to miss them.:(

clutch-monkey
11-16-2009, 07:02 AM
lol winter is the best time for racing :p snows there i presume?

DesmoRob
11-16-2009, 12:16 PM
that murc is such a muscular brute. From behind, it looks like a body builder flexing his traps.

Tork
11-17-2009, 05:46 AM
Nice pics!

early93viper
11-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Do you mean nice video?:confused:

LTSmash
11-18-2009, 02:04 PM
From reading the title, for a second I thought you were selling the Dodge and I was mentally preparing a list of German automotive suggestions. Many of which involved the letters G, T, R and S and the number 3.

Looks like you had a good time though.

DesmoRob
11-18-2009, 02:18 PM
From reading the title, for a second I thought you were selling the Dodge and I was mentally preparing a list of German automotive suggestions. Many of which involved the letters G, T, R and S and the number 3.

Looks like you had a good time though.

psshhh, who needs porsches when you can have ferraris :D.

LTSmash
11-18-2009, 02:26 PM
psshhh, who needs porsches when you can have ferraris :D.

1.) Three pedals

2.) Awesome

3.) GT2's

4.) GT3's

5.) Not as pretentious

6.) More awesome-ness

NOTE: This* list does not apply when comparing a Porsche with a 355.

DesmoRob
11-18-2009, 02:29 PM
I Lold at pretentious. Either way you're a rich bastard, but you feel like you should limit yourself to the Porsche because you don't want to flaunt yourself too much :D. And Fcars do still come with 3 pedals too, you just have to look harder :p.

LTSmash
11-18-2009, 02:49 PM
but you feel like you should limit yourself to the Porsche because you don't want to flaunt yourself too much :D.

It's not about limiting myself. I just like how Porsche still makes the more hardcore and track-based cars for the real racing fans where other manufacturers have been going soft. I think it would be hard to argue that the RS is one of the only track/road cars closest to a real GT car; which is why I like it.

EDIT: And c'mon, we all hate the bastard that drives around in his Lambroghini to show off yet he knows shit about cars. I wouldn't want to be stereo-typed by driving one.

DesmoRob
11-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Yea, but would you really use yours on a track? I for one would feel terribly guilty. Personally, I like pampering my cars, not thrashing them. That's probably why I appreciate the rolling art that is the Ferrari.

LTSmash
11-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Yea, but would you really use yours on a track? I for one would feel terribly guilty.

God yes! All my life I've wanted to race cars. That dream is gone but I coud still live it in a sense with a GT3RS. Hell, if I have the income one day, I'd just go and buy retired RSR's and 430 GT2's and take them around the track all day.

Kitdy
11-18-2009, 03:05 PM
EDIT: And c'mon, we all hate the bastard that drives around in his Lambroghini to show off yet he knows shit about cars. I wouldn't want to be stereo-typed by driving one.

What do you care what other people think?

Drive what's best. If it's a Ferrari so be it - who cares about the image? You also wouldn't be a poser, you'd know your shit.

It's also good that you reaffirmed that the 355 is bomb, as this is clearly the case.

EDIT:
God yes! All my life I've wanted to race cars. That dream is gone but I coud still live it in a sense with a GT3RS. Hell, if I have the income one day, I'd just go and buy retired RSR's and 430 GT2's and take them around the track all day.

You're thinking small. Buy/start a team and race in a series. That's what true ballers do.

LTSmash
11-18-2009, 03:12 PM
You're thinking small. Buy/start a team and race in a series. That's what true ballers do.

Then it shall be done...

Shit, I'll need investors. Rob, you got this?

DesmoRob
11-18-2009, 03:24 PM
ohh boy. Whats my return?

LTSmash
11-18-2009, 03:25 PM
ohh boy. Whats my return?

How about a drive?

DesmoRob
11-18-2009, 03:28 PM
hahah. Its not going to be much of an income generating asset until(if) it gets going. I may have to let someone else step in to do the dirty work first, so I have time to see how it goes. :D

LTSmash
11-18-2009, 03:30 PM
hahah. Its not going to be much of an income generating asset until(if) it gets going. I may have to let someone else step in to do the dirty work first, so I have time to see how it goes. :D

You run a tough card. Here's a counter offer... co-managing partner.

DesmoRob
11-18-2009, 03:31 PM
I don't know how to get a racing team started. This is where it would pay to hire someone with experience.

LTSmash
11-18-2009, 03:32 PM
I don't know how to get a racing team started. This is where it would pay to hire someone with experience.

I hear Flavio Briatore is in need of some work. :D

DesmoRob
11-18-2009, 03:36 PM
maybe you should reconsider this type of investment, and perhaps move your capital into dividend paying stocks that have withstood the test of time, or better yet an apartment building in a good area? racing sounds risky ;)

LTSmash
11-18-2009, 03:38 PM
maybe you should reconsider this type of investment, and perhaps move your capital into dividend paying stocks that have withstood the test of time, or better yet an apartment building in a good area? racing sounds risky ;)

I'll stick to the original plan of speculating oil futures. Once my bid cashes we'll resume talk of a racing team. :D

DesmoRob
11-18-2009, 03:46 PM
I'll stick to the original plan of speculating oil futures. Once my bid cashes we'll resume talk of a racing team. :D

haha a gambler. tisc tisc. I suppose resources are never a bad game. I wouldn't do that for much else though :p. I own oil and pipelines too, but they're in the form of stocks that pay divs to shareholders monthly or quarterly. Its a good way to do it if you want to compound your investments without you always having to physically contribute on your own.

LTSmash
11-18-2009, 04:03 PM
haha a gambler. tisc tisc. I suppose resources are never a bad game. I wouldn't do that for much else though :p. I own oil and pipelines too, but they're in the form of stocks that pay divs to shareholders monthly or quarterly. Its a good way to do it if you want to compound your investments without you always having to physically contribute on your own.

Yeah, I've decided the traders route vs. the long term investors. Pray I don't blow up. :D

Went to Manhattan last month and spent some time with a few traders. Really sold me on the fast money over the slow, secure stuff. Don't get me wrong, long term is smart and safe (plus div's payout is always a nice orange in the stocking) but I'm out for something else. Just need good math knowledge and a hard head and I should be good to go.

Ferrer
11-18-2009, 04:08 PM
What do you care what other people think?

Drive what's best. If it's a Ferrari so be it - who cares about the image? You also wouldn't be a poser, you'd know your shit.

It's also good that you reaffirmed that the 355 is bomb, as this is clearly the case.
I can see why he wouldn't want one. But I couldn't blame anyone for choosing one. It's the same that happens with BMWs at a slightly cheaper scale.

DesmoRob
11-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I've decided the traders route vs. the long term investors. Pray I don't blow up. :D

Went to Manhattan last month and spent some time with a few traders. Really sold me on the fast money over the slow, secure stuff. Don't get me wrong, long term is smart and safe (plus div's payout is always a nice orange in the stocking) but I'm out for something else. Just need good math knowledge and a hard head and I should be good to go.

Thats really cool man. For me, trading sounds too stressful, because you constantly have to go to bed at night second guessing yourself, and hoping that you made the right move. Speculation was never one of my fortes, so I buy proven companies that share profits with their shareholders. Its a comfortable way to go about doing things. The nice part is, as profits go up, a lot of the time so do the dividends. Of course, in a downed market, that can also go backwards. But, the point is there's a cashflow. Its the same way a house can drop in value one year, but you wouldn't care, because your tenants are still paying you the rent. Income is what I look for. Then reinvest it to grow the asset faster.

LTSmash
11-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Speculation was never one of my fortes, so I buy proven companies that share profits with their shareholders. Its a comfortable way to go about doing things. The nice part is, as profits go up, a lot of the time so do the dividends. Of course, in a downed market, that can also go backwards. But, the point is there's a cashflow. Its the same way a house can drop in value one year, but you wouldn't care, because your tenants are still paying you the rent. Income is what I look for. Then reinvest it to grow the asset faster.

I like you're thinking. You know, you should really consider PWM (private wealth management). Some guys I go to school with just got hired by Goldman Sach's PWM department and they have the same thinking you do. You would do well in that.

Plus you're into the whole client relations right?

DesmoRob
11-18-2009, 04:23 PM
I like you're thinking. You know, you should really consider PWM (private wealth management). Some guys I go to school with just got hired by Goldman Sach's PWM department and they have the same thinking you do. You would do well in that.

Plus you're into the whole client relations right?

That sounds awesome. What school are you in?

LTSmash
11-18-2009, 04:28 PM
That sounds awesome. What school are you in?

I'll PM you.

Kitdy
11-18-2009, 06:19 PM
I can see why he wouldn't want one. But I couldn't blame anyone for choosing one. It's the same that happens with BMWs at a slightly cheaper scale.

I'm glad you obliquely recognize yourself as BMW driving scum.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

LTSmash
11-18-2009, 08:51 PM

Ferrer's right. BMW (E30 M3 excluded) is for noobs. A BMW driver is like a Lamborghini driver, the only difference is a BMW driver a smaller wallet and a slightly larger penis.

Kitdy
11-18-2009, 09:13 PM
Ferrer's right. BMW (E30 M3 excluded) is for noobs. A BMW driver is like a Lamborghini driver, the only difference is a BMW driver a smaller wallet and a slightly larger penis.

So what do you propose as an alternative for someone looking for a sport luxury car?

Benz? Audi?

They are worse than BMW in every way.

BMW drivers may be douchebags, but the cars that BMW make are amazing.

LTSmash
11-18-2009, 09:47 PM
So what do you propose as an alternative for someone looking for a sport luxury car?

Eh, I just say get an older Porsche for the same price. :D

Kitdy
11-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Eh, I just say get an older Porsche for the same price. :D

You're such a fanboy but that's besides the point.

A Porsche is pretty pretentious as well - not so much an older one I suppose though.

That being said, a BMW has a degree of practicality that a 911 doesn't have really. Even the 3 has actual back seats.

And what the hell, I've just reread your past post saying all BMWs but E30 M3s are for noobs. The E39 is a totally bomb car. As are many BMWs.

cmcpokey
11-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Datsun!!!

LTSmash
11-18-2009, 10:38 PM
You're such a fanboy but that's besides the point.

Dammit, I was being facetious. You should know I'm no fanboy.

That being said, a BMW has a degree of practicality that a 911 doesn't have really. Even the 3 has actual back seats.

Back seats are for kids. Kids are annoying and loud. Back seats + kids = annoying trip.

And what the hell, I've just reread your past post saying all BMWs but E30 M3s are for noobs. The E39 is a totally bomb car. As are many BMWs.

Once again, tongue and cheek.

Ferrer
11-19-2009, 02:33 AM

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
It's true, I am. I feel a much better person in the Lancia.

Benz? Audi?

They are worse than BMW in every way.

BMW drivers may be douchebags, but the cars that BMW make are amazing.
That's the problem. Objectively BMWs are the choice. Subjectively you've got other options, if you aren't bothered by a less than perfect driving experience.

Datsun!!!
They start at 45 grand here... :(

Kitdy
11-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Datsun!!!

Fanboy.

I read a comparison on a 0-60 or something of a 335i and a G37 and it basically came down to the G37 being the car you'd buy on a budget, but the 335i being the better car. The only reason I'd take the G37 over the 335i is because screw turbos.

Dammit, I was being facetious. You should know I'm no fanboy.

Back seats are for kids. Kids are annoying and loud. Back seats + kids = annoying trip.

Once again, tongue and cheek.

Pff you claim not to be a fanboy but whenever Porsche is brought up it's all GT3RS this yadda yadda down with Ferrari etc.

Denial is the first sign...?

It's true, I am. I feel a much better person in the Lancia.

Woah woah woah. Don't go saying things you can't take back.

That's the problem. Objectively BMWs are the choice. Subjectively you've got other options, if you aren't bothered by a less than perfect driving experience.

It's ok, the BMW you drive is a diesel, so you're pretty far from perfection, and in your world imperfection is character, so the Bimmer has great character... it's an oil burner that should be gasoline!

Wait I think I've just exposed a paradox. You like imperfect cars, you view diesels as imperfect but dislike them. You should love them! They are flawed and you can't have as much fun driving them! +10 points!

They start at 45 grand here... :(

Europefail.

LTSmash
11-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Pff you claim not to be a fanboy but whenever Porsche is brought up it's all GT3RS this yadda yadda down with Ferrari etc.

Denial is the first sign...?

I like the GT3RS, what's your deal? There's no sense being a dick about it and I didn't provoke you nor did I staple you as a stereo-type (fanboy).

What do you need from me? A list of all non-Porsche's that I like, there's plenty so lay off.

clutch-monkey
11-19-2009, 02:10 PM

the man can't help that he has taste :p

Kitdy
11-19-2009, 04:03 PM
I like the GT3RS, what's your deal? There's no sense being a dick about it and I didn't provoke you nor did I staple you as a stereo-type (fanboy).

What do you need from me? A list of all non-Porsche's that I like, there's plenty so lay off.

Hahah relax man, I thought you knew I was just grinding your gears. I expected a playful response - there's a lot you can nail me for, my driving of (and love of) an old Plymouth Voyager for example.

No harm intended. I know you're not a fanboy, I also know pokey isn't a fanboy but it's fun to call him one.

Ferrer though, he's just an idiot and has no taste. Seriously a diesel and a Lancia!?

LTSmash
11-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Hahah relax man, I thought you knew I was just grinding your gears. I expected a playful response - there's a lot you can nail me for, my driving of (and love of) an old Plymouth Voyager for example.

No harm intended. I know you're not a fanboy, I also know pokey isn't a fanboy but it's fun to call him one.

It must be my low tolerance for bullshit transferring to the keyboard.

That or it's that time of the month again. I just got some Midol for the cramps. :D

Ferrer
11-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Woah woah woah. Don't go saying things you can't take back.
It's true. Altough what a joy to drive it. Whenever I go pick up the gf at work there's a right-left-right series of corners which you can take at a bit of speed usually (80-90km/h). And the 1er is so brilliant, changes direction like a fly and goes where you point with the steering. It feels so alive and comunicative.

So if you don't mind looking like a wanker, a BMW is your choice.

It's ok, the BMW you drive is a diesel, so you're pretty far from perfection, and in your world imperfection is character, so the Bimmer has great character... it's an oil burner that should be gasoline!

Wait I think I've just exposed a paradox. You like imperfect cars, you view diesels as imperfect but dislike them. You should love them! They are flawed and you can't have as much fun driving them! +10 points!
Actually quite the opposite.

Objectively diesel is brilliant. Good performance and no fuel consumption at all whatsoever. Even if you drive like a lunatic. So it feels cold and clinical and has obviously no character because it's all efficiency.

However is having no character a flaw and as a reult characterful in itself...? That'd be a proper paradox.

Kitdy
11-20-2009, 12:45 AM
It must be my low tolerance for bullshit transferring to the keyboard.

That or it's that time of the month again. I just got some Midol for the cramps. :D

PMS strikes deep.

I think maybe all investors/wannabe investors are like this maybe? Who knows.

However is having no character a flaw and as a reult characterful in itself...? That'd be a proper paradox.

I knew that there was a paradox somewhere in your line of reasoning - you have brought it to light.

LTSmash
11-20-2009, 02:41 PM
I think maybe all investors/wannabe investors are like this maybe? Who knows.

Very true. All investor/trader types are jerks. No one likes them, they don't like anybody.

The only advantage I see too the personality is that it attracts lots of good looking people who are willing to sleep with you, no strings attached.... everything else makes them a pure pariah.

Kitdy
11-20-2009, 04:59 PM
The only advantage I see too the personality is that it attracts lots of good looking people who are willing to sleep with you, no strings attached....

Which is the path to true happiness.

I woulda thought though that there would be strings attached as the initial attraction they have to the investor is money. They want to live off the investor's wealth.

LTSmash
11-21-2009, 11:14 AM
I woulda thought though that there would be strings attached as the initial attraction they have to the investor is money. They want to live off the investor's wealth.

When I don't call back then there are no strings attached.

DesmoRob
11-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Objectively diesel is brilliant. Good performance and no fuel consumption at all whatsoever.

They are great engines, and have tons of potential for massive power gains. Here in Canada, people are obsessed with chipping diesel engines and achieving astronomical power figures, far easier than any gas engine could ever dream of. Plus, diesels are typically tough as nails.

kingofthering
11-21-2009, 04:17 PM
...there's a lot you can nail me for, my driving of (and love of) an old Plymouth Voyager for example.
?

Didn't Prius/Karmann say the same thing? :D