PDA

View Full Version : Quit It With The Peugeots!!

Cotterik
05-18-2004, 01:10 PM
Ok, the Hoggar was kinda cool. But I realy do not like Peugeots. This is an 'ultimate car page' and peugeots are not 'ultimate cars' all due respect Phenix great info, but maybe calm it with the french sticks on wheels. Atleast post them all in the same thread ;) l8r dude

please...stop threading the peugeots...thankyou

a moderator can delete this thread soon :)

DarkPhenix
05-18-2004, 01:18 PM
ok.... ;)

I wiil don't post more pics and info about peugeots but let me finish... PLZZZZZ!! :p

stratos
05-18-2004, 01:21 PM
Damm it loks like today is the day of the "futuristic" peugeots cars ..... :mad: :mad:

DarkPhenix
05-18-2004, 01:41 PM
Sorry to all who don't like Peugeots...

Cotterik
05-18-2004, 03:57 PM
Advertising strategies for the brand new Peugeot 307 :D
Handsome,helpful Sales representitives. Brand new show room :p

Mustang
05-18-2004, 04:00 PM
haha very good cotterick like the pic :D :D :) :p

Niko_Fx
05-18-2004, 04:00 PM
Why do you hate them so much? I find them pretty good.

I don't like to criticize other cars, but I do accept that it would be easier for me to believe that you hate Ladas or something like that, but why Peugeot?

Mustang
05-18-2004, 04:03 PM
Why do you hate them so much? I find them pretty good.

I don't like to criticize other cars, but I do accept that it would be easier for me to believe that you hate Ladas or something like that, but why Peugeot?

this is why i hat peugeot;

i hate this car why didnt they stick to the 206 it would have been way better and it didnt have all the technical difficulties of the new one

Niko_Fx
05-18-2004, 04:06 PM

i hate this car why didnt they stick to the 206 it would have been way better and it didnt have all the technical difficulties of the new one

I was talking to Cotterick actually :)... I didn't know you hated them too.

Technical difficulties? well, I don't know much about Peugeots... They're not sold in the US so I'm not used to them but I do like the designs.

Mustang
05-18-2004, 04:08 PM
I was talking to Cotterick actually :)... I didn't know you hated them too.

Technical difficulties? well, I don't know much about Peugeots... They're not sold in the US so I'm not used to them but I do like the designs.

I dont hate all peugeots i jsut dislike a few of them i hate this rally car and i like the 206cc GTI :)

Matra et Alpine
05-18-2004, 04:24 PM

The 206 wheelbase was too short.
They wanted a longer wheelbase for more stability at speed.
With the "taming down" of most events, the nimbleness personified by eth original 205 is no longer needed.
Short wheelbase cars are a nightmare to keep in a straight line off tarmac :(

They also cleverly were able to use the stronger 307CC floorpan and get away with welding on the removable roof. THere was debate whether it would be allowed for a while :) A clever solution to a difficult problem - making a near-production shell strong enough without LOTS of extra weight !!

Mustang
05-18-2004, 04:56 PM
The 206 wheelbase was too short.
They wanted a longer wheelbase for more stability at speed.
With the "taming down" of most events, the nimbleness personified by eth original 205 is no longer needed.
Short wheelbase cars are a nightmare to keep in a straight line off tarmac :(

They also cleverly were able to use the stronger 307CC floorpan and get away with welding on the removable roof. THere was debate whether it would be allowed for a while :) A clever solution to a difficult problem - making a near-production shell strong enough without LOTS of extra weight !!

tell me matra is it true that the Ford Ka has the same wheelbast as the Impretza? i heard it soewhere but didnt know if it ws true, f this is the case then the 206 shouldnt have a problem with wheelbase either unless it is becaue the wheels on th Ka are right in the corner and the 206's arent

Matra et Alpine
05-18-2004, 05:51 PM
tell me matra is it true that the Ford Ka has the same wheelbast as the Impretza? i heard it soewhere but didnt know if it ws true, f this is the case then the 206 shouldnt have a problem with wheelbase either unless it is becaue the wheels on th Ka are right in the corner and the 206's arent
2448mm for Ka, 3620mm length
2520mm for Impreza, 4350mm length
2610mm for the 307CC, 4005mm length

So the Ka is only 8cm shorted than the Impreza, but it has half the power, so the traction-induced instability won't be there :)

Note the 307s shorter overhang than the Subaru too, better for the tight stuff.

whiteballz
05-19-2004, 01:36 AM
the pug had huge guards because it needed and extra 20mm (2 cm) (half an inch?) of length for WRC rules, if you noticed the 307 is MUCH MUCH faster then the 206, and fits the rules. why not use it? peugeots are tough durable frogs. my friends bro (the one with the 205 gti) has a 504 with custom engine, its still a normal engine, but with injection and other small bits, NOT ricer style. it sounds like a V8...

Cotterik
05-19-2004, 03:35 AM
the pug had huge guards because it needed and extra 20mm (2 cm) (half an inch?) of length for WRC rules, if you noticed the 307 is MUCH MUCH faster then the 206, and fits the rules. why not use it? peugeots are tough durable frogs. my friends bro (the one with the 205 gti) has a 504 with custom engine, its still a normal engine, but with injection and other small bits, NOT ricer style. it sounds like a V8...
tru.. but the 307 is still butt ugly. doesnt look ANYFIN liek a rally car. Its made primarily for hairdressers for gods sake!! not racing drivers :mad:

Matra et Alpine
05-19-2004, 03:59 AM
tru.. but the 307 is still butt ugly. doesnt look ANYFIN liek a rally car.
Too young to remember that lambasting the Sierra shape got !!
The Cosworth and RS500 went on to become a definitive race and rally winning car and every driver wanted one to compete in.
Ugliness can grow on you :) especially if it's fast and goes round corners better than anything else !!

Personally I agree, I think the rear deck treatment on both CC's are U-G-L-Y.
Thye look like an ex boat-deck designer got accidently hired for a day :)