PDA

View Full Version : 6 Hours of Curitiba

piledriver
06-09-2003, 04:07 AM
Yesterday we had here in Curitiba, an endurance race, the 6 Hours of Curitiba...
Were racing 3 Porsche GT3 RS, 1 DTM Mercedes CLK, some national prototypes, and modified road cars...
It was a great race!!! fast cars, lots of overtakings....
and the best was the sound of the Porsche engines... when the cars got the other side of the track, the only sound we heard was the porsche´s one...
the surprise was the quickness of the DTM mercedes... until it retired with gear problems, it took 2 laps on all cars, except the 2nd position, a MCR prototype...

Tomorrow, I show you some photos of the race, and if you want, I tell more details of the race, and the porsches...
:cool:

DasModell
06-09-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by piledriver
Yesterday we had here in Curitiba, an endurance race, the 6 Hours of Curitiba...
Were racing 3 Porsche GT3 RS, 1 DTM Mercedes CLK, some national prototypes, and modified road cars...
It was a great race!!! fast cars, lots of overtakings....
and the best was the sound of the Porsche engines... when the cars got the other side of the track, the only sound we heard was the porsche´s one...
the surprise was the quickness of the DTM mercedes... until it retired with gear problems, it took 2 laps on all cars, except the 2nd position, a MCR prototype...

Tomorrow, I show you some photos of the race, and if you want, I tell more details of the race, and the porsches...
:cool:

i would not been so surprised .. it has a 400BHP engine,good aerodynamics, good suspensions.... even the ETCC cars are as fast as the GT3 cars ....

piledriver
06-09-2003, 08:50 AM
but the best of all is that the two finishing porsches stayed behind a prototype during entire race... and got only second and third places...

DasModell
06-09-2003, 08:55 AM
what kind of prototypes????

Homem de Gelo
06-09-2003, 11:12 AM
Teve algum piloto famoso na corrida?

DasModell
06-09-2003, 12:35 PM
guys .. keep it in english ... my spanih is not that good :) .. famous drivers .. ... that's all I understood ... :) :)

Homem de Gelo
06-09-2003, 08:36 PM
Sorry, but it's Portuguse, not Spanish.
I just asked if there were any known drivers in the race.

piledriver
06-10-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Arcanjo
Teve algum piloto famoso na corrida?

the well known drivers were Raul Boesel (World Sportscars Champion in 1987 with a Jaguarand former Indy Car driver), Tarso Marques (former F1 driver)...
the brazilian famous drivers were Xandy Negrão (stock-car ace), Paulo de Tarso (Tarso Marques´ father), Beto Giorgi (stock-car ace), Juliano Moro (F3 Sudam ace) and many other amateur racers...

Arcanjo, did you see the 1000km de Brasília???

here´s a pic of the Mercedes DTM raced sunday...
http://www.autodromodecuritiba.com.br/images/informativo_foto8.jpg

Rob
06-10-2003, 09:30 AM
Is that a Fiat Brava racing on the background of that pic?

Homem de Gelo
06-10-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Rob
Is that a Fiat Brava racing on the background of that pic?

Yeps.

Originally posted by piledriver
Arcanjo, did you see the 1000km de Brasília???

Nops. I never gave any attention to it. :o
Who won?

piledriver
06-11-2003, 04:26 AM
I don´t know who won the 1000km de Brasília...

here I begin a series of photos I took from the race...
there are good pics...
this pic, unfortunately, is one of the few I got of the Mercedes...

piledriver
06-11-2003, 04:34 AM
this porsche´s engine got some problems and exploded...

piledriver
06-11-2003, 04:51 AM
this is the damaged engine...

piledriver
06-11-2003, 05:09 AM
this is the winner...

piledriver
06-11-2003, 05:12 AM
the checkered flag!!!

piledriver
06-11-2003, 05:13 AM
a little closer...

piledriver
06-11-2003, 05:23 AM
what do you think about these pics??

tell me your opinions, and if you wanna more pics, I have 60 pics of the race, some of them are very good...

Kudosdude
06-11-2003, 06:10 AM
I'd love to see the rest of them, you gonna put them up online somewhere?

I don't know much about this race; it didn't look that busy. Can you tell me more about it?

It was nice you could get so close to the cars, do you have any information/pictures on the prototype that won?

DasModell
06-11-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Arcanjo
Sorry, but it's Portuguse, not Spanish.
I just asked if there were any known drivers in the race.

sorry . i should have know better .. Brazil-Portuguse ...hm .. quite a few good drivers ...
it would be best to try to put all the pictures in a website on the net .. so all can enjoy them .. :)

piledriver
06-11-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Kudosdude
I'd love to see the rest of them, you gonna put them up online somewhere?

I don't know much about this race; it didn't look that busy. Can you tell me more about it?

It was nice you could get so close to the cars, do you have any information/pictures on the prototype that won?

I will put all this pics in my homepage, but I´m too busy lately...
so I will put the best pics, in my opinion here, and the rest I publish in my homepage (http://www.piledriverhp.cjb.net)

The MCR (who won the race) is made in brazil, but I´m not sure if the engine is a GM or a VW... I´m really curious to know the specs of this engine...
as soon as possible, when I know this, I thell you these information...
:)