PDA

View Full Version : Viper drive that starts with Attempted Vehicular Manslaughter and ends with Police...

early93viper
03-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Viper drive starts with Attempted Vehicular Mansla - Car Videos on StreetFire

VOGUE_MAN
03-01-2010, 04:54 PM
That is a scary situation to be in, especially when the other vehicle is an F Series. Love that it was caught on camera, I'm thinking about buying a dashboard camera now though.

NSXType-R
03-01-2010, 05:32 PM
That's some pretty crazy stuff. Glad he got caught.

Any idea on what happened to him afterwards?

iwmakemh
03-01-2010, 06:01 PM
That's scary as hell, I also want to know what happened afterward.

csl177
03-01-2010, 07:01 PM
What the...? Early in the video the approaching truck clearly, deliberately swerves toward your freind's car. Whatever the outcome, that driver has some issues. The fact that there were kids in the car makes his behaviour even worse. Think there's not any domestic abuse happening in that household?

Hope the tape helps get him off the road.

early93viper
03-01-2010, 07:05 PM
The guy said he was trying to teach my buddy a lesson. (Mark never saw the guy before in his life) When asked what lesson was he trying to teach him the guy just repeated I just wanted to teach him a lesson. He just wasn't right in the head. He is in jail now. Attempted Vehicular manslaughter charges and his kids got taken away from him.

iwmakemh
03-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Good riddance! That man definitely has problems. I'm glad hes off the streets.

csl177
03-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Agreed, but sad for his kids... it's a tough enough thing having a parent off-kilter, separation trauma added. Wish 'em luck.

iwmakemh
03-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I could imagine them growing up not being very fond of him.

coolieman1220
03-01-2010, 08:36 PM
you guys hear bout the women who killed her kids someone elses kids and other people because she got on the wrong way on the Taconic State Parkway? she was high and drunk. insane....

Niko_Fx
03-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Glad it turned out ok, that guy seemed determined to ram that Viper in reverse!!

ruim20
03-02-2010, 02:58 AM
License plate GARDIAN... ok...

ScionDriver
03-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Man that was crazy. What was that guy's problem? Was his lesson, if you have a nice car I will try to destroy it and you? That's just weird. Why would you put your own children at risk just for that? Sounds like he has some serious problems, hopefully he gets all the help he needs and not just prison time like so many other mentally disturbed criminals.

cargirl1990
03-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Wow. I'd say thats jealousy. Or a major hatred of Dodge Vipers. But its fantastic that he got caught though.

Cobrafan427
03-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Hood N*gga by Gorilla Zoe, good song. That guy was insane, you know he doesn't have a lesson to teach if he just keeps repeating himself over and over again

Rockefella
03-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Why someone even attempted this is beyond me... Lucky he has him on video, this guy is going to get locked up, and probably checked into a psych ward

coolieman1220
03-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Wow. I'd say thats jealousy. Or a major hatred of Dodge Vipers. But its fantastic that he got caught though.

i liked the bikes that revved up as they passed by. I want to get a dash cam now too!

iwmakemh
03-02-2010, 02:35 PM
i liked the bikes that revved up as they passed by. I want to get a dash cam now too!

I would hate that, when I'm waling home from school I always imagine someone switching down a gear in a Camaro or something then flooring it as they pass by so that I get scared and fall into a pit of mud where the sidewalk should be.

Rockefella
03-02-2010, 02:37 PM

Yeah I noticed the kids across the street yelling 'FAGS!' too.

Matra et Alpine
03-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Guys ? sorry to be atryign to be the voic eof reason and seeing another side of it ... BUT ...

Looking at the position f the viper at the start, the white line seens WAY further to the right than I expected to see and is it not possible the truck was moving in to the lane to turn left at the lights ?
Hard for me to tell as I dont' know your road makrings well enough.
So is it possible the truck guys maybe was "right but early" or jsut made a mistake in moving in to the lane ?
THEN, it's hard to tell from the sun reflectsion, but aren't the Viper's full lights on when he's following the truck ? Are they flashed a coule of times ?
So, again, TRYING to be a voice of reason :) Is it possile the "lesson" the guy is trying to give is dont' follwo me flashing your lights ?
I jhsut love how reversing a car in the US beomces "attempted vehicular maslaghter", liek yes he'll smash the car up but NO WAY can you kill someone in a car at those kind of speeds :) So right away I'm thinking it's an insane situation :)

Yes, the guy may have issues, but I don't think the atitude of the Viper driver was appropriate. But that's a cultural thing, IN the UK vigilantes are fronwed on. Report it and drive on. End of, present the evidnce to a police station and leave them to it. This thing go escalated to a point where the original issue ins't the poitn anyt more and the guy loses access to his kids ?
( and then we ahve folks posting that he pribably abuses them -- ffs :( )

earl;y, I'd say your mate has issues too in chasing it down like that :(

Niko_Fx
03-02-2010, 03:11 PM
The guy in the truck does almost hit him, Viper decides to follow him, then he aggressively backs up into him. Could he have killed him at those speeds in reverse, probably not, but his intentions were a good enough reason to lock him up.

Was he flashing his lights? I can't really tell, but would you smash someone's car for that?

The truck driver obviously has some issues, not the Viper's.

drakkie
03-02-2010, 03:34 PM
There are always nutheads on the road. I've been victim of one last summer. The guy and me were standing besides eachother at the traffic light. Me right, he on the left. After the lights two lanes merge into one. I pulled away swiftly but apparently the guy was in a big hurry in his Chrysler Voyager. He had to go into the right lane where I was. He more or less pushed me off the road, I used the horn. Next moment he slams his brakes (tyres squealing and all) causing me to barely miss his rear end. He accelerates again and not much later he does the same again, stops and walks out. Unfortunately I had my window open (very hot day, no airconditioning in the car..). He punched me in the face three times then grabbed my belt. He pulled it against my neck as if to strangle me. He kept it there for almost a minute. It felt like he tried to kill me and my adrenalin was rushing big time. When i was really gasping for breath he let go. He walked back and drove away luckily.
The result ? Bloody nose, black eye and several bruises on my neck. Very painful bruises i can tell you.

But what i find the worst is that police was unwilling to take me seriously. The day was home to a major event in Rotterdam. At the fifth (!!!) police station, almost 20km away (Maassluis), they took my statement. Eventually the person was traced by his licence plate, which i wrote down, plus my account of his looks. He had to stay one night in jail and will be tried somewhere in May.

Afterwards I started thinking a bit different. If I had given the guy some space he probably would not have ignited. My driving attitude changed as well. Just avoid trouble. Don't go and correct people or try to be the person that knows best. I am the greatest driver of all times, but that is what everybody thinks he/she is. The guy in the movie should have just ignored it imo. I would probably be annoyed and continue driving..

Matra et Alpine
03-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Was he flashing his lights? I can't really tell, but would you smash someone's car for that?
Would entirely depend on what you thought the persons intention was in following you and flashing lights, woudl it not ?
And why I'm playing deviles-advocate on this to explore the other side.

The truck driver obviously has some issues, not the Viper's.
I contend so does the Vipers .. otherwwise WHY chase the person down rather than jsut provide the video to the police ?
yep, issues :)

It's probabloy an age thing. As you get older you realise ther are idiots on the road and it's impossible to know why they do stupid things and no point applyign an interpretation to them. Jsut report it and move on.

It's like motoro racing. You either think people deliberatly hook you goign in to corners and then "get them back" or you realise that in the heat of racing we all make mistakes :) A driver how makes a lot of mistakes will get picked up by the marshals and lose his race license. OR .. you can take it into your own hadns and amlost certainly lose yours :)

Niko_Fx
03-02-2010, 09:00 PM
I contend so does the Vipers .. otherwwise WHY chase the person down rather than jsut provide the video to the police ?
yep, issues :)

Well, the video wouldn't have proved nothing if the Viper wouldn't have chased the truck to begin with... he had no tag and you can only barely see that he was a bad a driver, it all comes clear after the chase that the guy is just nuts.

Would entirely depend on what you thought the persons intention was in following you and flashing lights, woudl it not ?

What do you think his intentions were? Pull a 9mm and start shooting because he almost ran him over in his truck? A guy driving a Viper? Maybe a hick in an old pick up truck with a confederation flag in the back...

A few weeks ago I needed to make a right turn and no one would let me, I had to slowly and carefully (with my signals on) "throw" my car to the right. The lady who was behind me got so upset that after the turn she accelerated, drove in front of me, and hit the brakes. I ALMOST rear ended her, and my heart was pumping a million beats per second, I thought she was absolutely 100% nuts... I can't even imagine this guy driving in reverse to hit the Viper, the guy is absolutely crazy imo.

As far as chasing him, you know some shit gets your blood boiling Peter. One time a guy threw his car at me, I was like 19 years old and was taking my mom somewhere, when it happened I hit the brakes and did a u-turn to follow him, in my head I could only think about beating the shit out of him, I was furious, he endangered me and my mother. My mom saw my reaction and started crying, begging me to stop, forget about it, and drive away... which I did because she got really nervous. Sometimes other drivers can piss the hell out of you. I'm 25 right now and would still react the same way, I don't think I'm crazy, and I'm a very easy-going guy, but some stuff just gets some people going.

EDIT: I would like to add that I'm glad that he was recording it and that I'm glad that he did something about it. Waayyyy too many bad drivers on the road and no one does anything about it.

Cobrafan427
03-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Matra i'd say ur a lil drunk haha, i've drunk typed before and i knows when i sees it lol. Other than that, yeah i did think the guy in the truck was just tryin to get into the left turn lane but the whole tryin to backup into him part was uncalled for

wwgkd
03-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Matra i'd say ur a lil drunk haha, i've drunk typed before and i knows when i sees it lol. Other than that, yeah i did think the guy in the truck was just tryin to get into the left turn lane but the whole tryin to backup into him part was uncalled for

He is scottish... :D

I don't think there's any way that he was just trying to get into the left turn lane, even if you can't see what happened off camera. That said following him as long as he did was pretty stupid. There's a reason the cops tell you not to chase the guy that hit you after a hit and run. I wasn't there, so I did hesitate to post in this thread, but what I would have done was get his license plate (I would be pissed, after all) and call it in. Then leave him alone. The guy just tried to ram you for no reason, you have no idea what else he'll do (trying to back into him was pretty tame compared to the reaction he might have had.)

Also, I saw an incident where a guy in a pickup during a police chase backed into the cop car behind him going about that speed. He went up over the hood and the rear bumper went through the windshield and stopped inches from killing the trooper inside. This was at least one count of attempted vehicular manslaughter, regardless of the actions of the viper driver. The guy in the truck has issues, since nothing done by that viper warranted that reaction.

ScionDriver
03-03-2010, 12:58 AM
If I had a $90k sports car and some guy did something like that to me, even if it was incidental, I would still follow him and get his license number to give to the police. No way I could avoid the guy swerving at me and memorize his license number at the same time. i'd have to follow him in order to report it.

cargirl1990
03-03-2010, 08:48 AM

And that fantastic Viper soundtrack. (engine.):D

wwgkd
03-04-2010, 01:20 AM
If I had a $90k sports car and some guy did something like that to me, even if it was incidental, I would still follow him and get his license number to give to the police. No way I could avoid the guy swerving at me and memorize his license number at the same time. i'd have to follow him in order to report it.

And in this case he couldn't get the number without following him even with the camera, but how far would you follow him? Just long enough to get the number, or would you continue after you got it?

Matra et Alpine
03-04-2010, 07:04 AM
erm. 40 seconds in to vid and so far all he'd done was turn round and come up behind the truck. At that point he had the license and with a little thought would have called it time and called in the police report and offer the video evidence.
The rest are HIS ISSUES.
Hey, guys, been there .... In Glasgow I've even jumped out a car, pulled a guy through the window and threatened more bodily violence towards him for pissing me off in the Matra. I was 19 and not proud of it and AFTERWARD definitely sought help to get rid of that kind of anger. Not only could next time it be worse for the other guy if not able to control it but potentially worse for me if the guy had a weapon.
( And when you consider the gun laws in the US then I contend EVEN MORE you guys should learn anger management and "appropriate response" stuff :) )
Even bothering to spin round I'd probably not now for an idiot trying macho stuff.
Karma ... shit will come there way without needing it to be guided :)

ScionDriver
03-04-2010, 08:33 PM
And in this case he couldn't get the number without following him even with the camera, but how far would you follow him? Just long enough to get the number, or would you continue after you got it?

I'm a panzy so I'd probably just get his number and get the heck out of there.

NSXType-R
03-05-2010, 06:23 AM

That would seem like the safest thing to do.

cargirl1990
03-05-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm a 'panzy', but I'm one of those kind of women who won't let people get away with things that easily.

wwgkd
03-06-2010, 01:31 AM

That would seem like the safest thing to do.

This. It's also generally what the police recommend although they usually say don't try to follow him.

My aunt was inolved in a hit and run with a semi that ripped her front bumper half off (would have been her fault, too until the guy drove off) and she chased after him honking her horn. When the guy stopped and got out of the cab, he did so with a tire iron. Thankfully a cop was near by for once and stopped before anything happened, but that's why they tell you not to chase after them even if they do hit you.