PDA

View Full Version : Rep.

whiteballz
05-20-2004, 02:07 AM
with rep, would there be a way of automaticaly showing who gave you that rep? because im intrigued by who gives my annonomous rep.

just a thought...

IBrake4Rainbows
05-20-2004, 02:22 AM
I'll PM you your rep givers/takers if you like, but unless they stick in a comment i can't tell you whether or not it is favourable.

It's a Moderator privelage finding out who gives what, the whole point of a Rep system is anonymity so you aren't fearful of retaliation.

whiteballz
05-20-2004, 03:02 AM
thanks, didnt know that.

Cotterik
05-20-2004, 03:22 AM
I'll PM you your rep givers/takers if you like, but unless they stick in a comment i can't tell you whether or not it is favourable.

It's a Moderator privelage finding out who gives what, the whole point of a Rep system is anonymity so you aren't fearful of retaliation.

yea but that means you cant take rep points off Moderators without them knowing its you, so thats unfair :p

Matra et Alpine
05-20-2004, 03:40 AM
yea but that means you cant take rep points off Moderators without them knowing its you, so thats unfair :p
Well personally my advice is everyone should sign rep + or -.
If you can't defend ( or are unwilling to ) the reason for the rep then I think it should be considered whether it is necessary.
So everyone learns to consider and co-operate and the neg rep becomes the right "hammer" when necessary. Using it as a "nut-cracker" (!) can never work effectively.

ah and mods can't change rep scores, we can only see and change rep comments. Why the difference I've never understood. If we see an unreasonable application of neg rep then there's not much we can do about the numbers ! But we can conciliate the 2 parties and get them to see the other point of view and each can learn for next time.