PDA

View Full Version : Wild!

Scientist
06-10-2003, 01:11 AM
This is the Tiger Z100WR, a twin bike engined car, 360 bhp on 680kg!

It goes from 0 to 100 km/h in 2.8 seconds!

http://www.tigerracing.co.uk/graphics/z100_main.jpg

The engines

http://www.tigerracing.com/graphics/z100_f.jpg

More info here: www.tigerracing.com

Kudosdude
06-10-2003, 01:32 AM
You're right it is wild.

The designer of this car/engine combination is a well known autograsser. It was autograssers that started using two motorbike engines as propulsion for their mad machines, I'm surprised it took so long to see a road going version.

By the way, you can build it yourself, then you can embarrass 99% of the exotics on the road for 1/3rd of the price. Hehehehe

I see you're a Dutchman ;)

motorhead
06-10-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Kudosdude
You're right it is wild.

The designer of this car/engine combination is a well known autograsser. It was autograssers that started using two motorbike engines as propulsion for their mad machines, I'm surprised it took so long to see a road going version.

By the way, you can build it yourself, then you can embarrass 99% of the exotics on the road for 1/3rd of the price. Hehehehe

I see you're a Dutchman ;)
money in exotics does not only go into performance - there is the luxury which i bet that hasn't any. how often are people going to drive that sought of car on the road - once a month i guess the most

Kudosdude
06-10-2003, 02:10 AM
money in exotics does not only go into performance -

You're quite right Motorhead, this is a performance toy, but it's nice to see the little guys take an unusual idea and make it work. It's nice to know that originality does not have to cost £100K.

Tiger racing also makes an electric version of this car (without the same performance admittedly).

motormaniac
06-10-2003, 04:14 AM
You're quite right Motorhead, this is a performance toy, but it's nice to see the little guys take an unusual idea and make it work. It's nice to know that originality does not have to cost £100K.

Tiger racing also makes an electric version of this car (without the same performance admittedly).

so how much does it cost

Kudosdude
06-10-2003, 04:59 AM
It depends which one you go for.

Z100 Starter Kit - £4,734 plus VAT

Z100 Complete Kit - £15,250 plus VAT

Z100 Turn-Key Car - £29,995 inc. VAT Click here for specification

Z100WR Turn-Key Car - £39,995 inc. VAT available now

(Whipped straight off their website)

Z100 turnkey uses:

Twin 900cc ZX9R motorbike engine fitment with carburettors and anti surge.
Bespoke transfer box incorporating reverse gear.
Twin sequential gearboxes and levers (allows single engine operation).
Full STACK dashboard instruments.
Carbon fibre tunnel.
Carbon fibre dashboard.
Aero screen or full windscreen (full weather equipment available if windscreen fitted).
Twin roll bars or competition specification full loop.
Wilwood brake pedals with bias adjustment.
Alloy wheels and choice of tyres.
Two pack sprayed bodywork (in colour of your choice).
Carbon fibre rear wings.
Carbon fibre front cycle wings.
Choice of light weight race seats or adjustable seats with Tiger logo.
4 pot HighSpec racing callipers with 300mm vented discs (front), Sierra Cosworth rear brakes.
Tiger round tube light weight chassis.
Powder coat to chassis.
Powder coat to suspension.
Powder coat to De-Deon rear suspension.
Tony Law designed twin exhaust systems.

This differs from the WR which uses twin 1200cc Kawasaki ZX12 engines instead.

motormaniac
06-10-2003, 08:18 AM
It depends which one you go for.

Z100 Starter Kit - £4,734 plus VAT

Z100 Complete Kit - £15,250 plus VAT

Z100 Turn-Key Car - £29,995 inc. VAT Click here for specification

Z100WR Turn-Key Car - £39,995 inc. VAT available now

(Whipped straight off their website)

Z100 turnkey uses:

Twin 900cc ZX9R motorbike engine fitment with carburettors and anti surge.
Bespoke transfer box incorporating reverse gear.
Twin sequential gearboxes and levers (allows single engine operation).
Full STACK dashboard instruments.
Carbon fibre tunnel.
Carbon fibre dashboard.
Aero screen or full windscreen (full weather equipment available if windscreen fitted).
Twin roll bars or competition specification full loop.
Wilwood brake pedals with bias adjustment.
Alloy wheels and choice of tyres.
Two pack sprayed bodywork (in colour of your choice).
Carbon fibre rear wings.
Carbon fibre front cycle wings.
Choice of light weight race seats or adjustable seats with Tiger logo.
4 pot HighSpec racing callipers with 300mm vented discs (front), Sierra Cosworth rear brakes.
Tiger round tube light weight chassis.
Powder coat to chassis.
Powder coat to suspension.
Powder coat to De-Deon rear suspension.
Tony Law designed twin exhaust systems.

This differs from the WR which uses twin 1200cc Kawasaki ZX12 engines instead.

is that cheap?

i have really no idea, living in SE Asia

Scientist
06-10-2003, 01:11 PM
40000 English pounds (the turnkey car) is about 67000 US Dollars.
So for the insane performance you get, I think it's pretty cheap. Think about it, you can easily outrun a McLaren F1 with this! :D

motormaniac
06-10-2003, 11:29 PM
Think about it, you can easily outrun a McLaren F1 with this

erm....NO:p

Kudosdude
06-11-2003, 01:18 AM
Err - you could outrun a McLaren with this, but as long as you didn't go over 100. The problem with se7en esque cars is they have awfull aerodynamics so their top speed is quite limited. As far as 0-100mph goes it would just have the edge (on road tyres)

As far as the money goes, just as an example a manual shift 2.0 3dr Ford Mondeo Hatch would come it at about £13000 British pounds

It isn't a cheap purchase granted, but for the performance per £ it's pretty good.

P.S. If you only wanted a track day toy you can get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th hand formula ford for about 7K, buy a trailer and the Mondeo and have just as much fun around the track.

motormaniac
06-11-2003, 04:10 AM
Err - you could outrun a McLaren with this, but as long as you didn't go over 100. The problem with se7en esque cars is they have awfull aerodynamics so their top speed is quite limited. As far as 0-100mph goes it would just have the edge (on road tyres)

As far as the money goes, just as an example a manual shift 2.0 3dr Ford Mondeo Hatch would come it at about £13000 British pounds

It isn't a cheap purchase granted, but for the performance per £ it's pretty good.

P.S. If you only wanted a track day toy you can get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th hand formula ford for about 7K, buy a trailer and the Mondeo and have just as much fun around the track.

ok, thanks for the info

Scientist
06-11-2003, 04:33 AM

Yeah, I know somebody who did that, well, not the Mondeo and the trailer, but he did buy the racecar. I drove some laps around a parking garage last week (great sound :D ! )

Kudosdude
06-11-2003, 04:47 AM
I intend to do an action day Decemberish (if I leave enough hints with the missus I'm hoping to get it for my Birthday) with single seater, se7en, Ferrari. Can't wait :D

motormaniac
06-11-2003, 07:07 AM
I intend to do an action day Decemberish (if I leave enough hints with the missus I'm hoping to get it for my Birthday) with single seater, se7en, Ferrari. Can't wait :D

ur getting a ferrari for your birthday?

motorhead
06-12-2003, 09:40 AM
yeah easily outrun a mclaren wth no aircon one miserable seat and no cd player - in which you can play heavy metal - and thats only applicable in the mclaren

motorhead
06-12-2003, 09:42 AM
i mean 2 seats

motormaniac
06-12-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by motorhead
yeah easily outrun a mclaren wth no aircon one miserable seat and no cd player - in which you can play heavy metal - and thats only applicable in the mclaren

which car r u talking abt?

ozexige
06-12-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by motorhead

Gees 'head who gives a damn about a bloody CD and air-con - buy a Focus for your everyday car and blow the doors off every turbo on the road - wild thing.

motormaniac
06-13-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by ozexige
Gees 'head who gives a damn about a bloody CD and air-con - buy a Focus for your everyday car and blow the doors off every turbo on the road - wild thing.

yea

but WHICH CAR IS HE TALKING ABOUT?

motorhead
06-13-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by motormaniac
yea

but WHICH CAR IS HE TALKING ABOUT? the car we all are talking about you dimbo - the tiger -the car in the thread - you dumbass

ozexige
06-15-2003, 07:00 PM
HEY 'HEAD!
lay off Forrest - OK