PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari F458 Unveiling in Dallas

F1_Master
05-04-2010, 10:06 PM
So last week, I was invited to the unveiling of the Ferrari 458 here in Dallas at Boardwalk, and I must say, beyond the rude guests & the dealer's poor lighting, this car is quite a machine. The interior was the standard, high quality leather you'll find in any Ferrari. But, the cockpit feels a lot different from say, even the F430. It's very snug and definitely has a presence of sport in it. But yet, in this trim, it's also pretty comfortable for daily cruising. In short, Ferrari really have blended a mix of a car with daily drive-ability & ready to be ran on the track settings.

F1_Master
05-04-2010, 10:09 PM
#2. :cool:

F1_Master
05-04-2010, 10:13 PM
#3. :)

F1_Master
05-04-2010, 10:19 PM
And the last ones.

Kitdy
05-04-2010, 10:30 PM
A few things. Good to see you back, where were you? How did you get invited? In what way were the guests rude?

Cheers!

VOGUE_MAN
05-05-2010, 02:14 AM
I think the interior is really quite nice, but I don't know about the dashboard. It seems a little too much Maserati with all of the sharp angles mixed with flowing lines. I do love the outside though. The back and sides are spectacular and even though I don't think the front lights look very good in photographs, I think they would be exquisite in person.

digitalcraft
05-05-2010, 05:35 AM
Yeah I can't get used to those lights either, it's like giving the mona lisa gold teath, or the david a giant diamond encrusted 'DAVID' necklace.

Auxin
05-05-2010, 06:28 AM
Nice pics, I was at the same event in Dubai, looks like the exact same car as well. I disagree about the front lights though, they look great in the flesh.

NicFromLA
05-05-2010, 09:58 AM
I just saw three today (burgundy, BR green and white) and the more I look at the car the more I love it. I think I'd get use to the weird dash.

F1_Master
05-05-2010, 10:48 AM
A few things. Good to see you back, where were you? How did you get invited? In what way were the guests rude?

Cheers!
I've been busy with work & other issues.

The event was meant for owners (of course), but I sent in an RSVP anyways. 3 days later, I got confirmation that my name was on the list. As for the guests, well, they pretty much had no common courtesy. They bumped into photographers, jumped in front of photos, cut in front of people just to sit in the car for 5 minutes, & couldn't keep their kids controlled.

Around 9 though, they mostly left so I really got to take in the car from there.