PDA

View Full Version : Lame Non-Comparison Test Video CTS-V vs. Continental Supersports

ScionDriver
06-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Came across this video (http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-454628?hpt=C2) on CNN's iReport site pitting a Cadillac CTS-V vs. a Bentley Continental Supersports. The guys in the video spend the first two minutes talking about how this isn't a comparison test and that these cars are very different. Then they drive them around and compare them. Add in cheesy editing and a drag race on a road that isn't flat and looks like they get up to about 40 mph and you have 1 lame video.

I really just posted it because I thought it was so terrible it was funny. I hope that you too will find some hilarity in this.

csl177
06-07-2010, 08:20 PM
It's all about content. CNN should stick to doing news, maybe it could make an effort to improve it's coverage of important events instead of infotainment. As to the video, lame is being kind...

CdocZ
06-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Dear god....I couldn't even watch through the first minute. So much overly dramatic language that is saying nothing, in such boring, not-quite monotone voices....

henk4
06-08-2010, 12:09 AM
to be honest, I actually found it better than would we get overhere from Dutch commercial TV. (says a lot about that, admittedly). Pity they forgot to mention the mileage.....

demonrunning07
06-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Yeah, once it got to the "drag race" it went from bad to "are they f*cking serious?"

and if they weren't comparing the two cars then what on earth were they doing?

ScionDriver
06-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Yeah, once it got to the "drag race" it went from bad to "are they f*cking serious?"

and if they weren't comparing the two cars then what on earth were they doing?

I know. I literally laughed out loud at the terrible slow-down sequence and music w/ the drag race. What was that?

NSXType-R
06-09-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't think either cars are pulling my house off its foundation anytime soon.