09:00 - 09:45 > Practice Session 3
10:15 - 11:00 > Practice Session 4
13:00 - > Qualifying 1
14:00 - > Qualifying 2

23 May, 2004

14:00 - > Race! :cool:

Matra et Alpine
05-22-2004, 05:32 AM
LIVE qualifying sector and lap times at http://www.formula1.com/race/livetiming/popup/719.html

Will also be race tomorrow :)

Schumi just finished his lap

DarkPhenix
05-22-2004, 05:33 AM
LIVE qualifying sector and lap times at http://www.formula1.com/race/livetiming/popup/719.html

Will also be race tomorrow :)

Schumi just finished his lap

Or here (http://www.f1central.net/live/coverage.php?action=viewtimes&eventid=1074648605&sessionid=12&headers=off) ;)

Cotterik
05-22-2004, 05:53 AM
Both Renaults ahead of the Ferrari's, Trulli with a 1:13.9. last years pole: 1m15.259 by Ralf Scumacher.

Matra et Alpine
05-22-2004, 05:55 AM
Or here (http://www.f1central.net/live/coverage.php?action=viewtimes&eventid=1074648605&sessionid=12&headers=off) ;)
Differnet format, but not real live.
THe Official F1 site posted is straight from the F1 timing computer and also has commentary as well as wether and lap charts in the race :)

Jenson out now :)

Cotterik
05-22-2004, 05:56 AM
Button up on sector 1, down on 2nd sector by 0.334. Button goes infront of Alonso but 2nd place to Jarno Trulli.

Coulthard behind on sector 2 by 0.642 gets 7th with a 14.9.

Raikkonen on track, behind on 1st sector by 0.151, behind on sector 2 by 0.416, best lap gives him 5th place in front of Sato.

Ralf Schumacher penalised for Engine replacement is pushed back 10 places, infront in Sector 1 and behind on sector 2 by 0.186. Gets 2nd behind Trulli and thefefore will start in 12th.

Matra et Alpine
05-22-2004, 06:01 AM
Going to be an interesting start to first pit stop with 2 Renaults split by Button's BAR :)

Cotterik
05-22-2004, 06:07 AM
The fight should be between Trulli and Button as they break away from the grid, with alonso fighting back the Ferrari's. You're right Matra the first pit stop is absolutely vital for BAR as the Renaults can back each other up while the other pits. Raikkonen is back near the front and it should be entertaining to see the battle between him and Barrichello and maybe with Schumacher,hopefully engine problems wont get in Mclarens way this weekend, they are always fast in Monte Carlo. Lets hope Bar come up with a good strategy, and with Ferrari not on the front row for once this looks set to be an awesome race tomorrow :) Dont miss it!

Qualifying times (all positions behind R.Schumacher move forward one for race start):
1 TRULLI Renault 1m13.985s
2 R.SCHUMACHER Williams 1,14.345s
3 BUTTON BAR 1m14.396s
4 ALONSO Renault 1m14.408s
5 M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari 1m14.516s
6 RAIKKONEN McLaren 1m14.592s
7 BARRICHELLO Ferrari 1m14.716s
8 SATO BAR 1m14.827s
9 COULTHARD McLaren 1m14.951s
10 MONTOYA Williams 1m15.039s
11 FISICHELLA Sauber 1m15.352s
12 WEBBER Jaguar 1m15.725s
13 PANIS Toyota 1m15.859s
14 KLIEN Jaguar 1m15.919s
15 DA MATTA Toyota 1m16.169s
16 MASSA Sauber 1m16.248s
17 HEIDFELD Jordan 1m16.488s
18 PANTANO Jordan 1m17.443s
19 BAUMGARTNER Minardi 1m20.060s
20 BRUNI Minardi 1m20.115s

DasModell
05-22-2004, 06:45 AM
great lap for Trulli . but i still fancy a ferrari win tomorow :)

motorsportnerd
05-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Interest to see Montoya back in 10th. Guess that will make it harder for him to repeat last years win. And how heavy was Schumacher's fuel load? Are the two Renaults and Button running light? Looks interesting though.

Coventrysucks
05-22-2004, 08:16 AM
Schumacher, M only .08 seconds faster than a McLaren?
Did he stop half way round for a crafty Marlboro? ;)

Cotterik
05-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Schumacher hasnt won in Monaco since 2001. Its never been one of his dominant races, so the renaults may not be running on light fuel, they mightve just got the settings perfect because Trulli's lap and Ralf's definitely looked the most tidy and ofcourse the fastest. Ralf and Jarno were probably using the same setup which gave them both the advantage, Button may have used the same setup aswell. However Montoya changed his setup just before his qualifying lap which gave him a disadvantage because he had not yet been out with that setup. So we will see who ran on light fuel tomorrow and it will play a big part in the race, the teams with the drivers close together will benefit e.g Renault and Ferrari, as one teamate can hold back the other drivers as the other stops for fuel. Should be interesting... I'll be cheering on Ralf and Jenson as usual :)

DasModell
05-22-2004, 03:20 PM
lol he won it 5 times and if you remember 97 . then he did stop for a hot tea .. and still won by a minute .. :) . never dominant :)

NAZCA C2
05-22-2004, 03:40 PM
I think Monaco is the only race where a team other than Ferrari has a chance to win. If Truli or Alonso lead into the first turn I think it would be safe to say that they will win.

fpv_gtho
05-23-2004, 04:33 AM
Im going to predict Trulli, Button and Alonso will battle it out all race whilst back in the middle of the grid Montoya, Webber and R. Schumacher swap positions

Matra et Alpine
05-23-2004, 04:44 AM
Schumi was on harder tyres for qualifying than everyoen else.
THAT will let him stay on0track longer and with a full oad look for the Ross Brawn tactics bringing him BACK into the lead :)

Falcon500
05-23-2004, 05:12 AM
I wonder why the change in tactics? but either way its a safe bet that schuie will win...although i would love to see a good duel rather then it being won through the pits....

NAZCA C2
05-23-2004, 08:55 AM
Just like I predicted, Truli led into the first turn and won. I hope Renault can challenge Ferrari for the rest of the season.

Matra et Alpine
05-23-2004, 10:19 AM
Just like I predicted, Truli led into the first turn and won. I hope Renault can challenge Ferrari for the rest of the season.
But lap timing shows Schumi was 1/2 second a lap faster than Truli.

Shame we lost the chance to see him try to pass Truli.
So was Schumi 'brake testing' Montoya to see if it would make him crash or was he just not thinking trying that in the gloom of the tunnel.
Guess we'll know once the stewards report is out !!

Cotterik
05-23-2004, 10:32 AM
What an excellent race!!!! The incident between Schumacher and Montoya i think was just a common mistake, Schumacher slowed down in the tunnel to warm up his breaks, as he had opportunity seeing as the pace car was leading the way. He knows better not to do that in the tunnel, and Montoya didnt stand a chance, he simply had to turn otherwise he wouldve gone straight into the back of Schumi. As for Alonso he was a victim of understeer and tried to lap the Williams around the outside on the dirty side of the track, which is so obviously not a thing to risk when you're already a large distance in front. It was not Ralf's fault, Alonso just took the turn to wide and couldnt do anything about it once he made the mistake, and went into the barrier to end his race. Renault have shown that they are back on top form and will probably be for the rest of the season along with BAR, the two teams who are most likely to come in Ferrari's way. Just like Williams got on form after Monaco last year.

Matra et Alpine
05-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Alopnso in post-race interview suggested that Ralf had accelerated as Alonso past him and THAT put him in trouble.
It's a common trick to try to get a pull to snap in behind as quick as possible and get some pull from the overtaking car. It's feasible Ralf made the move too early, more likely that Ralf started the move and Aolonso panicked and made an uncecessary move.
I guess another eon we'll hear from the stewards bout.
There was a discussion folliwng about Ralf and that he's to blame for all the crashes he's involved in.

On another point, I thought it brave of DC to have a go at BAR for not pulling Sato in when it was clear the engine was on it's death-throws. Guess that's one team he won't be applying to for a job :) BTW, he was right IMHO !!

motorsportnerd
05-24-2004, 07:12 AM
I note that Montoya didn't blame Schumacher for the accident. Just suggested that it was an inappropriate place to warm brakes/tyres, etc. Did suggest that Schumacher has somewhat annoying habits when following the safety car or on the warm up lap. Reminded us of Button needing to take evasive action in the 2000 Italian Grand Prix to avoid Schumacher.
However, as Brundle rightly said at the time, the onus is on the following drivers to react to the lead driver during warm up/safety car laps.
And Schumacher did point out that Montoya was a lap down and behind him on the track, so should have been more alert...
However, I think that's as close as Montoya will ever get to an apology, and it was the last mistake we'll see Schumacher make this year. Looked weird, but just a racing accident at the end of the day.
Besides, Ferrari probably should have pulled Schumacher in as soon as the safety car came out. I really don't think that Schumacher would have pulled enough gap in the ten laps before he was due to pit to keep the lead. Will say that Schumacher was literally driving the wheels off that Ferrari at Monaco. The Ferrari didn't look anywhere near as happy and well balanced as the Renaults/BAR, but somehow Schumacher made it go half a sec a lap faster. While Barrichello was once again looking ordinary.
I really don't think the Ferrari is much better than the Renault/BAR this year. Barrichello is on about the same pace or perhaps slightly better pace as the Renault/BARs, which I think is reflective of where the 2004 Ferrari really is. I just think Schumacher with all the pressure off is just out there enjoying himself and gone up another level...
Alonso's crash? Put that down to inexperience. Funny the way he was able to take his hand of the steering wheel and shake his fist at Ralf while his car was still crashing. And Ralph did very well not to crash into Alonso.

Falcon500
05-24-2004, 07:21 AM
I think one of the major things about thios race that should be highlighted...the amature nature of the field marshals in this race...they took so long to extinguish webbers car that he reacted before them and grabed an extinguisher!...and another prime example that fool standing on the track waveing them buy like a council worker!

fpv_gtho
05-25-2004, 02:59 AM
those officials seemed to have a death wish or something, several times whilst i was watching it it seemed like the cars were getting within a metre of where they were standing, yet there was no reluctance or anything that i could see for the officials to be there. with Webber's crash, i dont know what happened there, but i guess its just lucky Webber didnt stick around expecting help and saved an engine transplant putting him at the back of the grid

Falcon500
05-25-2004, 07:23 AM
Are the f1 officials professionals or arethey volenteers like most motorsport...i tell you we have volenteers in our v8 supercar catigory and we have never had problems with idiots other then of the drunk varity getting out on the track.....although there was that recovery crew problem that nearly became and incident during a safety car...but they had problems getting a car out of the wall that time....

Cotterik
05-25-2004, 09:19 AM
They can be volounteers but not just any random people, they need to be familiar with the sport and can be temporarily employed by the FIA. When the Marshal was in the middle of the track at the Loews hairpin, he mightve been told it is ok to do that because the cars turn at only 25 mph, but a car behind might not notice him and pull around the outside, and cause a serious accident. The monaco circuit is like no other motorsport race, so the marshal setup is completely different from how it is the rest of the year. As for the blue flags, the only reasonable excuse that i can think of is that the marshals were having trouble coping with the amount of action going on with the race, while they had to clear the debry from the tunnel, and attend to Alonso's and Michaels cars, there were alot of retirements in the race and the whole situation probably got out of hand. But it is still no excuse for not raising the blue flag early enough. There was obviously misunderstanding during the breafing between the marshals and the cooperation may have been disrupted due to the safety car runs and the restarts. Surely the FIA are making strong improvements to the strategy in order to prevent it happening again.

Homem de Gelo
05-25-2004, 01:58 PM
Wow, I still can't beleive all those things. It was like watching a race from to early 90s when all those unexpected things happened. The race was just what F1 needed with different drivers fighitng for the win and the points.

I hope the next race is as good as this one.

Falcon500
05-26-2004, 06:52 AM
I hope the next race is as good as this one.
That was a good race :confused: ....i can tell its all fun city in teh f1 world "yawn" i still fail to see the drawcard of f1...while this race wasbetter then most tohers ive seen it was still qute boring...i feel asleep before it finished...

Avril_Fan
05-27-2004, 03:18 AM
Feel sorry for Raikko!

fpv_gtho
05-27-2004, 03:51 AM
That was a good race :confused: ....i can tell its all fun city in teh f1 world "yawn" i still fail to see the drawcard of f1...while this race wasbetter then most tohers ive seen it was still qute boring...i feel asleep before it finished...

Well for the first Monaco GP that ive seen, it certainly blew away my expectations. The only way i could see it improve was if Webber finished, with people like Nick Heidfeld even getting 2 points, Webber could have really capitalized on Alonso and Schumacher DNF-ing as well as R.Schumacher pulling out towards the end.

Falcon500
05-27-2004, 06:05 AM
Well sure thier fast...but what else do they have? great technology and history...to me they miss the common link to road going cars (hence my likeing to touring cars) they lack passing in general relying on pit stratagies and its a cold sport...everything behind closed doors....
And on a slight note i have very little knowlage of the drivers....and privateers they rarely do great...what a dream that would be in f1.....i like to see the small bloke done good....
Wellany ways this is a slight insight into my adverse way of thinking lol its fun to whatch but it lacks mostly these elements which make the sport fail to maintain a solid focus...

Homem de Gelo
05-27-2004, 10:39 AM

It was good because it featured unpredicted events and the usuall suspect didn't run away with the win. There were different drivers fighting for the win and the points and there were drivers chasing each other trying to overtake all the way until the checkered flag dropped.

Maybe V8 Supercars is more for you.

Falcon500
05-28-2004, 03:09 AM
It was good because it featured unpredicted events and the usuall suspect didn't run away with the win. There were different drivers fighting for the win and the points and there were drivers chasing each other trying to overtake all the way until the checkered flag dropped.

Maybe V8 Supercars is more for you.your problyright...it was more interesting but unlikes v8s even with a larger field they dont always focus on out in front they attempt to cover good portions of the field and they make a large effort to show big movers and so on...and they show good 4 car duels and so on and so forth....rather then first place, schuie and incidents....and rare mid field looks.....that keeps the inrest...when nothing shpeening out in front lets see a suaber duel with a jorden ford....they are fairly close and pass and do allkinds of raceing that i find exciting......i hope f1 gets full manul gearboxes and less elcetronics...as Sir Jack Brabbam....these guys are payed so much to have alot of their driveing done for them?

fpv_gtho
05-29-2004, 03:13 AM
didnt they have to start using full manual gearboxes this year or something? or was that they just had to stop using launch control?

DarkPhenix
05-29-2004, 04:26 AM
F1 - Monaco

Game (http://games.renaultf1.com/Circuit7/Default.asp)