PDA

View Full Version : 2010 British Grand Prix (July 9-11)

Homem de Gelo
07-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Raise your hands if you also have the feeling that this GP will make or break the season. If either Ferrari or McLaren are able to beat the Red Bulls on merit, or provoke something like another turkish meltdown, then the game is on. If Red Bull add another half second over everyone in Q3 and then run away in the race, we'll be looking at how many more possible ways can they find to lose to themselves before conquering the titles.

Of course, I do put a lot of faith on McLaren's updates being fast out of the box and Ferraris working better in a much more aero dependent track.

What do you guys expect?
What do you hope for?

henk4
07-07-2010, 11:06 AM
I hope for a race without safety cars. They are increasingly influencing the outcome of races. For the rest....I'll be at the Le Mans Classic, so no time to watch. And there also seems to be a world cup going on, where we are still in..

RacingManiac
07-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Go Dutch!

RBR's car seems to be shoe-in for any race win(especially somewhere like Silverstone which is still a high speed cornering track), but they've managed to screw it for themselves way too often this year to write McLaren of Ferrari off at this stage of the game...

Dino Scuderia
07-10-2010, 05:10 AM
I don't see Ferrari in the picture at all being their advances have come so late.

Badsight
07-10-2010, 08:51 PM
but they've managed to screw it for themselves way too often this year
they have so many moments to kick themselves over . & the season is only half over

turkey should never have happened

pimento
07-11-2010, 06:09 AM
Very chuffed about Webber's start and race. This wing swap thing is quite the debate, there's a reasonable argument either way really.

I'm not a fan of Alonso at all, but that was a harsh penalty. It was a slightly dodgy pass, not really dodgy enough to automatically give the place back, but by the time the decision was made the opportunity to correct it was gone with Kubica having retired by then.

LeonOfTheDead
07-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Talking about Ferrari, if you keep asking for more severe penalties, you should be the first to avoid any rule infringement. Kubica was 2 seconds slower the lap Alonso passed him, giving back the position would have been quite a waste of time, but possibly he would have passed him again before of the first corner.

Dino Scuderia
07-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Is this series still professional?

What a comedy of errors.:rolleyes:

PRC777
07-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Is it me or does it seem like Alonso is always the pissed guy in most of the GP Seasons he's raced in?
Gongrats to Mark Webber with the 3rd win of the season. Condolences to Alonso with that heavy lap penalty.
RBR needs just a few more points to catch up and eventually beat McLaren-Mercedes in the Team point rankings. Does anyone think this will happen, or is this still "too early" to tell?
I think they can do it. If anything, they just need to finish within the top four pole positions and RBR gets the Constructor's Championship.

fpv_gtho
07-11-2010, 11:34 AM
RBR could do it but they need to stop engineering performances and simply let both drivers compete.

LeonOfTheDead
07-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Horner may presently be the main threat for RBR.

pimento
07-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Yea, the wing thing was a little off given it was Vettel that broke his fancy new one. If they only had one for the race then yea, it was fair to give it to the leading man.. but they had two before Vettel broke his. Also they were so far ahead of the game they clearly should have finished 1 and 2, so there was really no need to annoy one of the drivers like that. His comment on the radio after he won was pretty telling really.. "not bad for a number two driver." He clearly wished he didn't say that once he got into the press meeting afterwards, but it was out there and televised.

fpv_gtho
07-12-2010, 12:23 AM
Horner may presently be the main threat for RBR.

He's not dealing with the PR that well but i think the issues are stemming from Helmut Marko trying to run the team from the back room.

fpv_gtho
07-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Yea, the wing thing was a little off given it was Vettel that broke his fancy new one. If they only had one for the race then yea, it was fair to give it to the leading man.. but they had two before Vettel broke his.

I think theyre making things up as they go. At Turkey they had a new rear wing on Vettel's car through practise and had to rush a new one onto Webber's car before qualifying. They also tried to manipulate a pass for the race lead and championship, despite Webber leading both at the time.

Also they were so far ahead of the game they clearly should have finished 1 and 2, so there was really no need to annoy one of the drivers like that.

The team are saying Newey was pushing for the wing to be raced, which is understandable given the lack of testing. Taking it off Webber to give to Vettel who had already broken his was one of the worst ways about it though still.

His comment on the radio after he won was pretty telling really.. "not bad for a number two driver." He clearly wished he didn't say that once he got into the press meeting afterwards, but it was out there and televised.

Depends i suppose who he directed it to. Horner was on the other end of the radio, and retorted with his own needless comment, but the 2 of them are supposed to be pretty chummy and run their own GP3 team together.

Kitdy
07-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Horner was on the other end of the radio, and retorted with his own needless comment

What'd he say?

fpv_gtho
07-12-2010, 02:25 AM
"Think you can manage a smile now?" or something similar to that

LeonOfTheDead
07-12-2010, 02:54 AM
He's not dealing with the PR that well but i think the issues are stemming from Helmut Marko trying to run the team from the back room.

That may be it.
On the other hand Whitmarsh is doing great keeping the team together, and I wouldn't have expected that.

pimento
07-12-2010, 05:53 AM
Red Bull thought puzzle (http://sniffpetrol.com/2010/07/12/new-red-bull-puzzle-revealed/).

f6fhellcat13
07-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Obviously the Red Bull controversy hung over the race, but I thought it was pretty decent and am happy for Maaak.

For once I felt bad for Alonso, too, his attitude regarding the pass may have been a bit grating, always assuming he's in the right, but the punishment did not match the crime in the least.

LeonOfTheDead
07-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Red Bull thought puzzle (http://sniffpetrol.com/2010/07/12/new-red-bull-puzzle-revealed/).

My money on Webber.
Poor grizzly.

ringle
07-12-2010, 07:16 PM
RBR have a Championship winning car. Yet this season may just end in tears for all concerned due to their upper-managements lack of "winning experience". The know-how and the professionalism of a top top team is sorely and obviously lacking. It is true in many sports that to be a Champion you must first learn the ropes. And the best way to get that crucial element is experiencing the heartbreak of being oh-so-close, yet failing. Thus gaining the all important learning's which become essential on your next try. I do hope RBR can hold it together and win at least one of the titles and perhaps both. They are getting caught up in their own pitfalls and will only have themselves to blame if they do not hoist the hardware at the end of this season.

Badsight
07-13-2010, 09:41 PM
dominating performance from the "journeyman" driver - in the best car of the year of course

but you dont lead from the front without real talent

id like to see webber take the crown just to show off to his boss a lesson in loyalty