PDA

View Full Version : What Hire car should I get

Kudosdude
06-11-2003, 03:47 AM
Hello, I'm going on holiday to Austria in 3 weeks, what hire car should I go for? (limited budget hence the choice)

Previous hire cars included vauxhall corsa (poor seats), renault clio (gutless wonder), jeep wrangler (shoddy build), unknown korean make (korean ;), brilliant for handbrake turns but otherwise useless). I've also driven an ibiza before and it was the best out of this bunch

Homem de Gelo
06-11-2003, 11:17 AM
If you like the Ibiza then go for it.

Wheelman
06-17-2003, 10:52 AM
They have Jeeps in Europe? That's awesome! Get the Wrangler, and go mudding.

Nash
06-17-2003, 04:42 PM
But make sure you don't go mudding with Wheelman. Trust me, it's worse than it sounds.

Kudosdude
06-18-2003, 01:18 AM
The jeep wrangler was a riot (went seriously off-roading in the hills of cyprus) it was a soft top and just about managed 70mph while sounding like a tractor. That was a poor abused beast. It's a bit rough and ready for touring though for my taste.

henk4
06-18-2003, 01:28 PM
Get a C2, you will be the first because it will not be on the market before october. Sure you are not looking at a C3? Take that with a diesel engine and you will save a lot of money to enjoy some proper beer (with foam). Enjoy the holidays.

Kudosdude
06-19-2003, 02:04 AM
Very good well spotted. C3 (could have sworn I read it as C2).

Kudosdude
06-26-2003, 12:46 AM
Just to let you know I've gone and booked my hire car. Somehow I've ended up with a VW Polo? All of my above choice of car were taken and they had just taken delivery of more (maybe the economy isn't as bad as they keep telling us?).

Anyway thanks for voting. My first choice was going to be the C3. Never mind, I've never driven a polo before.

henk4
06-26-2003, 01:14 AM
Hope it is not a black one, that is preferred car over here for the young peppy female ICT (or any other fancy profession) consultant. The male version will drive the black Golf, and their bosses will select a black Passat, or any other german car, as long as it is black.

Last weekend I saw a black Cayenne, looked like Porsche's contribution to the funeral car business. Very shortly they may produce and LWB version, to bury grown ups.