PDA

View Full Version : 2nd GT3 competition

Mustang
05-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Rite then here we go again,Stratos, Cotterick, Challenger, cp01ae, Whiteballz, deffenbaugh03, Painterr, KKO, fpv_gtho, UK CARS and, 350hp_civic, bige321786 and finally SPN: DOC are our enterants for this week
also entering Quiggs and foto_choppa and MATT
as you allready know we are using the Seattle circuit track :o

rite this is the car that we are using this time;

Shelby cobra

Semiracing suspention
brake balance controller
sports brakes
exhaust/ racing
stage 2 Na tuning
Port polish
Racing chip
Clutch / triple
ransmition full racing
LSD full customization
racing tyres / medium
light weight stage 1 and 2
oil change

As last week you are allowed to change any settings that you want on the car :)

Mustang
05-22-2004, 03:45 PM
i Am Not Making Any Changes To This Weeks Comp Car Setup If I Have Missed Any Members Out Then Tell Me And I Will Add You

challenger
05-22-2004, 04:01 PM
laguna sega :confused:

bige321786
05-22-2004, 08:45 PM
ahhh man!!!!
i'm in but i've never had any luck with the cobra. my guess is all be down at the bottom this round.

Quiggs
05-22-2004, 09:21 PM
I'm game. :cool:

fpv_gtho
05-23-2004, 01:12 AM
I've got 2 Cobra's, and theyve goth got stage 3 weight reduction, so it looks like i'll be adding a 3rd to my garage :p

foto_choppa
05-24-2004, 05:07 AM
my name aint there :D

Mustang
05-24-2004, 06:52 AM
my name aint there :D

Happy now?? :p

stratos
05-24-2004, 11:19 AM
...... i don't like the shelby :mad: :mad: .... next time put a rally track ... its just one idea ... :rolleyes:

challenger
05-24-2004, 11:50 AM
yes but some ppl might just go full speed and not brake and crash at every corner so that they go round faster (if u no wot i mean)

also post the car before the track, i wouldnt have chosen that track if i would have known the car.

Mustang
05-24-2004, 12:16 PM
yes but some ppl might just go full speed and not brake and crash at every corner so that they go round faster (if u no wot i mean)

also post the car before the track, i wouldnt have chosen that track if i would have known the car.

ok then this time when everyone is posting there times, also post a track that you would like to race on next week. we will then use the winners track and thought the week i will choose a car that i think would be good on all these tracks.

kko
05-24-2004, 01:04 PM
good idea!

cp01ae
05-24-2004, 01:05 PM
That sounds like a good idea Mustang123, this way we can find out what kind of tracks the other drivers favour. :D

Mustang
05-24-2004, 01:11 PM
That sounds like a good idea Mustang123, this way we can find out what kind of tracks the other drivers favour. :D

Yes i thaught so, god i am full of good ideas ;) :p :p

foto_choppa
05-24-2004, 06:37 PM
yay! :D

painterr
05-26-2004, 01:29 PM
UP UP UP UP UP dont want anyone to forget!! :D :D :D

Has everyone been having troubles like me with the beast!!! hehehehe I have logged over 400 miles on that car so far! If anyone wants my settings let me know!

OH yea mustang123 when you say medium tires is that T5's If my memory is correct there is a little differents between the two versions!

Mustang
05-27-2004, 01:29 AM
UP UP UP UP UP dont want anyone to forget!! :D :D :D

Has everyone been having troubles like me with the beast!!! hehehehe I have logged over 400 miles on that car so far! If anyone wants my settings let me know!

OH yea mustang123 when you say medium tires is that T5's If my memory is correct there is a little differents between the two versions!

I am posting my time now because i have exams all day tomorrow and revision all day today, so here it is (below) 1:39.898, i am not to happy with this time bacause i only had about 5 laps trying it out, and this was the best time that i gt in those laps

thye are the proper racing tyres on medium softness, not sure what there name is (T5? :confused: )

fpv_gtho
05-27-2004, 03:55 AM
i think my Medium's are coming up as T4's, but dont worry mustang, your about 5 seconds a lap faster than me at this stage

Mustang
05-27-2004, 05:01 AM
i think my Medium's are coming up as T4's, but dont worry mustang, your about 5 seconds a lap faster than me at this stage

Wahoo go me that was just a very lucky lap, when i was playing with the setup, i think i left it basically all standard accept ride height and changed gear ratios to about 24 on the overall setting

fpv_gtho
05-27-2004, 05:07 AM
well the first ever lap i turned out was something like a 1:45 but that was before i went in and played around with the suspension. now im either having trouble with oversteer, or not carrying enough speed through the corners to get around the oversteer. my gearing though is set up to top out at about 230km/h which is plenty enough down the back straight surprisingly.

im gunna give the car a good running in tomorrow, and if i cant get it any better i'll just post my current best lap

Mustang
05-27-2004, 05:30 AM
well the first ever lap i turned out was something like a 1:45 but that was before i went in and played around with the suspension. now im either having trouble with oversteer, or not carrying enough speed through the corners to get around the oversteer. my gearing though is set up to top out at about 230km/h which is plenty enough down the back straight surprisingly.

im gunna give the car a good running in tomorrow, and if i cant get it any better i'll just post my current best lap

on that lap my first section wasnt too good but the last few corners i did amazingly, i can beat my first sector everytime now but i loose about a 1.5 seconds + what i have gained on the rest of the lap (about .7 of a sec) all in the last part

fpv_gtho
05-27-2004, 05:34 AM
well i just realised i havent fitted the LSD yet, so that may cure some of my oversteer problems, or at least give me some control over them. since i've had to shell out over $600K for the car, its no worry but i never saved it after my first runs, so tomorrow im starting from scratch again

Mustang
05-27-2004, 05:38 AM
well i just realised i havent fitted the LSD yet, so that may cure some of my oversteer problems, or at least give me some control over them. since i've had to shell out over $600K for the car, its no worry but i never saved it after my first runs, so tomorrow im starting from scratch again

well next time you should read more carefuly:p ;)

good luck for tomorrow then

challenger
05-27-2004, 08:00 AM
I am posting my time now because i have exams all day tomorrow and revision all day today, so here it is (below) 1:29.898, i am not to happy with this time bacause i only had about 5 laps trying it out, and this was the best time that i gt in those laps

thye are the proper racing tyres on medium softness, not sure what there name is (T5? :confused: )

the pic says 1.39.898. not 1.29.898

Quiggs
05-27-2004, 08:43 AM
Just couldn't get a handle on the car... At first, I tried the LSD, but having never used it before I wasn't sure how the settings would affect my driving. Hated using it, so I took it off. Then I ran faster without it, lol.. ;)
1:39.301

Mustang
05-27-2004, 08:44 AM
HAHA can see you :p

well done just beaten me :(:(

challenger
05-27-2004, 09:04 AM
Just couldn't get a handle on the car... At first, I tried the LSD, but having never used it before I wasn't sure how the settings would affect my driving. Hated using it, so I took it off. Then I ran faster without it, lol.. ;)
1:39.301

well done mate

i just ran in the low 1.36 on my fith lap and im still changing the settings of the car.

Matt
05-27-2004, 10:03 AM
I'm shitty and old. I only have GT2. I still have the same tracks and cars. Can I get in on this?

Mustang
05-27-2004, 11:15 AM
I'm shitty and old. I only have GT2. I still have the same tracks and cars. Can I get in on this?

yeah why not as long as you are able to do the same mods to the same car on the same track, you can enter but this weeks deadline is tomorrow night you you better be fast :p

deffenbaugh03
05-27-2004, 03:25 PM
Sorry guys i didnt post a time last competition because i had a really busy week with soccer and now i just bought a steering wheel for the ps2 and its hard getting used to. I would rather spend time getting as good with the wheel as with the controller so im not gonna be posting a time this week either. I have a lot of soccer coming up this week but i think ill be able to try out the next competition.

Matt
05-27-2004, 05:09 PM
Well, hell guys. The Cobra isn't in GT2. I guess I'm out of this one. :(

foto_choppa
05-27-2004, 06:05 PM
yea thecobra is in gt2 u just gotta win it :D

Matt
05-27-2004, 06:47 PM
yea thecobra is in gt2 u just gotta win it :D

that must've been what I was thinking of. I knew I had seen it. Do you happen to remember which track I need to race to win it?

Matt
05-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Sweet, I just won it. I'm back in the game.

Z0RR0
05-27-2004, 07:06 PM
I guess I'm too late for this comp ... but how 'bout a cheaper car next time? I lost everything, so now I'm stuck with only 10 cars and barely more than 200 grands ...
Next track, Laguna Seca, please :D

Matt
05-27-2004, 08:16 PM
I hope I'm not turning this in too late.

I ran 18 laps. As you can, see I'm the model of consistency. I ran pretty consistently in the 1:38 - 1:46 range. But, I got this 1:33 and one 1:34 lap.

So, this is my official best time. 1:33.392 :)

We'll call it beginner's luck.

Quiggs
05-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Ah, PlayStation graphics... I forgot what that game looked like... lol :D

PS, good time Matt. :)

Matt
05-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Ah, PlayStation graphics... I forgot what that game looked like... lol :D

PS, good time Matt. :)

Yeah, pretty crappy compared to PS2, eh?

painterr
05-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Man I wish everone would get there act together!! :confused: :mad: :( The last I checked we were running Laguna Seca!! I just logged over 500 miles on that track!!! :( :( forget me in entering any times this week!! I dont think I will have any time Fri. to do it!!! :( I dont think I will be entering any more until things smooth out. :(

cp01ae
05-27-2004, 09:55 PM
Well, I finally pulled off some good laps and got into the 1'33s after running in the 1'34s for a long time. I dont mean to sound like an ass or anything, but I'm not sure if we should count Matts time, I mean, it's a different version, different mods, and the track is probably slightly different too. I just think that for the sake of consistancy we should only count people running in GT3 with the laid out mods (I know the mods are different in GT2, I have it aswell). Just my 2 cents. Sorry if it comes out harsh, but I like to tell it the way it is (or the way I see it)

Anyways, after getting my semi-rant :) out of the way, my official time is 1'33.901. You can see it high-lighted in the screen-shot, #3. Really tough to begin with, at first I was running in the 1'44s. After a few laps I had fine tuned my settings and was running comfortably in the mid to high 1'34s for a while. at this point, my goal was to break into the 1'33s, and I did it on one lap only. The trick for me was to feather the throttle, and have a low setting on TCS and ASM (which I never use) my traction control was set only to 1, which some of you may find harder, but it really bogs down the engine I found; even with between six and seven-hundred horsepower. If anyone wants my settings just ask.

Matt
05-27-2004, 10:03 PM
Well, I finally pulled off some good laps and got into the 1'33s after running in the 1'34s for a long time. I dont mean to sound like an ass or anything, but I'm not sure if we should count Matts time, I mean, it's a different version, different mods, and the track is probably slightly different too. I just think that for the sake of consistancy we should only count people running in GT3 with the laid out mods (I know the mods are different in GT2, I have it aswell). Just my 2 cents. Sorry if it comes out harsh, but I like to tell it the way it is (or the way I see it)

Anyways, after getting my semi-rant :) out of the way, my official time is 1'33.901. You can see it high-lighted in the screen-shot, #3. Really tough to begin with, at first I was running in the 1'44s. After a few laps I had fine tuned my settings and was running comfortably in the mid to high 1'34s for a while. at this point, my goal was to break into the 1'33s, and I did it on one lap only. The trick for me was to feather the throttle, and have a low setting on TCS and ASM (which I never use) my traction control was set only to 1, which some of you may find harder, but it really bogs down the engine I found; even with between six and seven-hundred horsepower. If anyone wants my settings just ask.

The only mod from the list I was unable to make was the oil change.

Anyone want to verify the final hp numbers to compare to GT2?

cp01ae
05-27-2004, 10:07 PM
I think I had 694 going into it, but after a while it rose to about 704. I don't mean to discredit you Matt, I can see your good, but I still have my reservations about GT2 and GT3 differences, especially in the tracks and the way the cars drive.

Matt
05-27-2004, 10:11 PM
In that case, I'm driving with somewhat of a disadvantage as mine only comes out with 546hp.

cp01ae
05-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Interesting, I think I'm gonna have a go at the GT2 version and see what I come up with.

challenger
05-28-2004, 08:02 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

looks like i might be out for this week guys my gt3 disk only works sometimes because ma little sis got baby food on it so it is a bit dodgy.

anyway it isnt workin at the moment so i might not be able to defend my lead :mad: i no i ran a low 1.36 but that wos just warming up so i cud do alot better if i could go on it.

anywayz ill let you guys no if im entering later on 2nite it all depends on weather the game will work :rolleyes: :( :mad:

Mustang
05-28-2004, 08:18 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

looks like i might be out for this week guys my gt3 disk only works sometimes because ma little sis got baby food on it so it is a bit dodgy.

anyway it isnt workin at the moment so i might not be able to defend my lead :mad: i no i ran a low 1.36 but that wos just warming up so i cud do alot better if i could go on it.

anywayz ill let you guys no if im entering later on 2nite it all depends on weather the game will work :rolleyes: :( :mad:

well you cant coz the deadline is tonight, or before i wake up tomorrow and post the results, so all results in tonight guys ;)

challenger
05-28-2004, 08:52 AM
its ok people, its working finally :cool:

MATT and cp01ae here i come

hey painterr i jus read ur little peace. :( unluky m8!! ill be lookin forward to racing you in the next rounds :)

bige321786
05-28-2004, 10:07 AM
1.39.984 for me

painterr
05-28-2004, 10:44 AM
Well I took 20 minutes of my lunch brake and ran the track. Here is my time:1:32.352 I could still do allot better if I just had the time!!

You will notice between my memory card save of the lap and the anilizer view of the race there is .009 of a second difference. I posted my memory time as my final time.

challenger
05-28-2004, 01:05 PM
ok i gave up early on this one

my final time is 1.32.528

half way through the lap after this time i wos 1.5 seconds quiker so i actually could thave got into the low 31s if i tried hard enough.

well done painterr :)

kko
05-28-2004, 01:37 PM
1.35 :( i coulda done better but i havent had netime

cp01ae
05-28-2004, 03:22 PM
Damn 1'32s, I thought Iwas doing pretty good in the 1'33s, but you seem to be over a second faster than me.

Matt, I couldn't find my memory card for GT2, but I'm gonna look for it and see what I can get with the Cobra and those settings.

foto_choppa
05-28-2004, 04:30 PM
my time was 1.33.156, thats just a bitch i was so close to 1.32!!!!, oh well. :(

painterr
05-29-2004, 12:27 AM
Mustang123 if I m the winner of the race I would like to see the next one on a dirt track! Preferbly the maze one but if you fill it is to hard then you pick the dirt track!

Mustang
05-29-2004, 12:51 AM
Mustang123 if I m the winner of the race I would like to see the next one on a dirt track! Preferbly the maze one but if you fill it is to hard then you pick the dirt track!

i have no prob with doing a dirt track, im getting the results together now and i will post the winner shortly