PDA

View Full Version : First Blog post - RE: Singapore GP

Soloracer
09-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Hey guys,

I'm not a frequent contributor here or anything, I used to participate in the photo comps a lot, but like everyone here, I have a passion for cars and racing.
A couple of college roommates of mine have a really well versed (IMO) sports blog and knowing how much I love racing, have invited me to post in it. For my first post I covered the Singapore GP and I would love to generate some views and also some constructive criticism or comments.

Here's the link: Outtatownclownss Blog (http://outtatownclowns.wordpress.com/)

Thanks everyone!

henk4
09-26-2010, 01:15 PM
That's nice, I haven't seen the race, so it gives some welcome background.
How did you follow the race?

Soloracer
09-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the input. My reporting technique isn't very exclusive. I recorded the race on my DVR and then watched it while taking notes. Actually it was kind of fun to note everything like for instance, why is Webber pitting now, and then look at my notes later and figure out the answer. (poor example by the way)

Oh, by the way, here's the direct link: 2010 F1 Grand Prix of Singapore s Blog (http://outtatownclowns.wordpress.com/2010/09/26/2010-f1-grand-prix-of-singapore/)

Thanks guys.

250gto boy
09-27-2010, 04:24 PM
I must say that it was a good race. And Ferrari won and that makes it even better.

LeonOfTheDead
09-27-2010, 04:54 PM
To put things in a more usual perspective, I recalculated this years standings with last year scoring system, hence using both different points for the same position but also assigning points only to the first eight positions.
The result is:

- WEBBER: 80
- ALONSO: 77
- HAMILTON: 75
- VETTEL: 74
- BUTTON: 72
- MASSA: 51

Quite a close fight, more than what one may think looking at this year's points.
Massa on the other hand would have been in a somewhat better position (should check Kubica's point as well), a bit less than 3 wins from the top, while he actually is more than 3 wins down.

Possibly the real surprise is, again, Button.

Ferrer
09-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Button is indeed a surprise. He seems to do nothing remarkable, yet he is up there with the leaders. I guess he isn't that bad.

henk4
09-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Button is indeed a surprise. He seems to do nothing remarkable, yet he is up there with the leaders. I guess he isn't that bad.

the McLaren is a good car and Button just keeps it on the track more regularly than Hamilton....

wwgkd
09-27-2010, 11:17 PM
He's had a few good drives this season. Generally though I think he's a points racer. Drives near the front most of the time but never takes the big risks for a win. Though he did win once so far this year.

LeonOfTheDead
09-28-2010, 06:21 AM
He won twice actually, and DNF twice as well. Hamilton on the other hand won 3 times but DNF 3 times and out of the points once.
I'm wondering what could have been if Hamilton wouldn't have crashed so many times or if Alonso's engine were doing their job rather than smoking him at the beginning of the season.