PDA

View Full Version : Pagani C9

thebrochureman
11-10-2010, 10:41 AM
The C9 is Pagani replacement for the Zonda. The C9 will get a 6.0-litre bi-turbo V12, dropping the old 7.3-litre V12 in the process. Producing around 700bhp and 1000Nm of torque, the C9 should be able to do 0-60mph in under three seconds and accelerate onto a top speed in excess of 225mph.

in my Opinion the C9 doesn’t’ look as good as the zonda and I think it is a shame they dropped the naturedly aspirated engine because of emissions.
I think it is a shame the dropped the zonda.
What do you think of the C9

RacingManiac
11-10-2010, 11:08 AM
It does not look like they have moved on from Zonda at all....and it certainly looks less visually pleasing...

DesmoRob
11-10-2010, 11:18 AM
someone called the zonda fat to its face, and its mouth opened in shock.

Dino Scuderia
11-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Some car designs just seem to be stuck with their original dimensions and detail for the most part and this is one of them.

What would do with a Koenigsegg to update it?

McLaren F1?

You either have to do a 90% makeover or hardly any to some cars. This Zonda update looks bad IMO.

Commodore GS/E
11-10-2010, 01:22 PM
We'll see about that. This is still in a test phase, and who guarantees that this isn't a test mule...?

:Exige:
11-10-2010, 01:59 PM
It is clearly a test mule using modified Zonda panels; not the final product. Look at the rear exhaust exit and this becomes quite evident.

2ndclasscitizen
11-10-2010, 03:17 PM
You people can't spot a camouflaged mule when you see one?

pimento
11-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Let's wait until it's actually revealed and we know all the facts, yea?

LHamilton_w
11-10-2010, 06:14 PM
I assume the new engine is the 6.0 V12 from the AMG "65" models? (I believe the "600" models have 5.5L, while the AMGs have 6.0L)

If so, it will probably have crazy acceleration considering Mercedes' twin-turbo V12s are torque monsters, although that also probably means crazy wheelspin too.

ozzycarnut
11-10-2010, 07:24 PM
looks aight, though i prefer the zonda.

VOGUE_MAN
11-10-2010, 08:42 PM
I too was wondering whether this was just a mule. I'm hoping it is otherwise I probably won't be the biggest fan of the C9.

Magnum9987
11-10-2010, 08:49 PM
I've personally always thought the Zonda looked like it was a McLaren F1 rip off drawn by a drunk if I'm honest. This is uglier by far.

DesmoRob
11-10-2010, 09:48 PM
You people can't spot a camouflaged mule when you see one?

Probably because its not really that camouflaged. Most test mules are covered in primer and tape, without having the luxury of sculpted body panels that are painted the same color as the rest of the car. On this vehicle, they actually make a good attempt at looking like they belong. Can't say the same for other mules.

Ferrer
11-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Probably because its not really that camouflaged. Most test mules are covered in primer and tape, without having the luxury of sculpted body panels that are painted the same color as the rest of the car. On this vehicle, they actually make a good attempt at looking like they belong. Can't say the same for other mules.
Well that depends on the test mule. It can go from looking like a mish-mash of parts to looking quite like a complete car.

pimento
11-11-2010, 01:50 AM
It's probably just a drivetrain mule.. stuffed into whatever they had lying around. Hell, the Enzo drivetrain mule was a stretched 348.. they do do these things.

DesmoRob
11-11-2010, 02:06 AM
Well that depends on the test mule. It can go from looking like a mish-mash of parts to looking quite like a complete car.

That's true, but I think the majority are mish-mash, and that's what people expect to see when they hear "test mule". This Pagani makes a legitimate enough appearance to fool an untrained eye, mine included. Mind you, I didn't look that closely because I've never cared for Paganis.

Ferrer
11-11-2010, 02:16 AM
Probably, Pagani being a small manufacturer that's why it looks so similar to the production Zonda. The wheels are a good sign of the car in the pictures being a test mule, though.

Seeing often VAG's test mules in Barcelona helps identify them. :)

DesmoRob
11-11-2010, 02:26 AM
Probably, Pagani being a small manufacturer that's why it looks so similar to the production Zonda. The wheels are a good sign of the car in the pictures being a test mule, though.

Seeing often VAG's test mules in Barcelona helps identify them. :)

I would have thought that because they were such a small manufacturer, they'd be the ones that couldn't afford anything but black tape to cover the car with :p. Instead, they came out with modified body panels painted to match the car lol. You're right though, the wheels do speak.

McLareN
11-11-2010, 05:47 AM
That's a test mule, people. It won't look like that.

thebrochureman
11-11-2010, 07:18 AM
if you look on the internet it tells you it is a test mule

Badsight
11-11-2010, 11:47 PM
turbo's ?!? . . . . . . urrrg

why ruin such a pure drivers car

pimento
11-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Yea, cos a) the Zonda was purely a driver's car, and b) there's no such thing as a good driver's car that's turbocharged.

Slash sarcastic.

Badsight
11-12-2010, 07:00 PM
and b) there's no such thing as a good driver's car that's turbocharged.
exactly

fricken horrid way to clutter up a good NA engine bay

Lukeno52
11-13-2010, 02:06 AM
Badsight, you're clearly very good at spotting sarcasm.

Somebody tell me that the VX220 Turbo wasn't a good driver's car please? Or the thousands of turbocharged 911s? Or even the Gumpert Apollo?

DesmoRob
11-13-2010, 02:22 AM

Somebody tell me that the VX220 Turbo wasn't a good driver's car please? Or the thousands of turbocharged 911s? Or even the Gumpert Apollo?

I can think of a man who might argue that 993 and newer Turbo-charged 911s aren't proper drivers' cars :D.

Badsight
11-13-2010, 02:00 PM
says the man who cant tell a sarcastic reply when he reads one

& as for the "most-expensive-large-turbo-lag-ever" apollo being a great drivers car , LOL

the whole idea behind having a v12 is that you dont have to bother ruining a great powerband with FI - its retarded

TVR IS KING
11-13-2010, 11:44 PM
What would do with a Koenigsegg to update it?

You either have to do a 90% makeover or hardly any to some cars. This Zonda update looks bad IMO.
If you're saying Koenigsegg can't tastefully update a car...well they've been doing it since they were first created. And the Agera is testament to the fact that they know what they're doing, I think it looks great.

As for the C9's new engine, I find it completely ridiculous. Only 106 Zondas were ever built. If you compare the emissions from all the Prius' in the world to all the Zondas in the world, Prius' would put out many, many times more.
The point is, there should be production limits to this kind of thing. Having 106 Zondas running around the world isn't about to kill it.

csl177
11-13-2010, 11:45 PM
I can think of a man who might argue that 993 and newer Turbo-charged 911s aren't proper drivers' cars :D.I can think of quite a few. We even prefer un-assisted brakes and steering for their feel. Having driven original 911 Turbos (930 & 935: lag measured by sundial :eek:) and everything up to the current 997 which is engineered to make those with lots of cash feel like they can drive. Anything post 993 seem impressive for those lacking skills and unaquainted with the pure joy of controlling a car near it's limits without aids. Many exotic fan-boy rides can be appreciated for what they are, but they're not DRIVERS cars. :)
The whole idea behind having a v12 is that you dont have to bother ruining a great powerband with FI - its retardedThis. (though surely you meant turbo, not fuel injection...) :D

Badsight
11-14-2010, 12:10 AM
Forced Induction

turbo/supercharger power curves < NA

although if you combine the supercharger with a turbo . . . . . . . . :D

csl177
11-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Forced Induction
turbo/supercharger power curves < NA
although if you combine the supercharger with a turbo . . . . . . . . :D

Doh! :o (Sheepishly cuts up his SAE membership card...) :D

LeonOfTheDead
11-21-2010, 03:44 PM
The shots in the first post are about a hybrid mule, with C9's drivetrain and Zonda's chassis.
It was crashed in March 2010 in Stuttgart.

There are 4 actual C9 mules, with slightly different bodies, because of camos. See attached pics.

Engine will be based, albeit heavily reworked, on the SL65 BS unit. Turbos were the only option to get the requested option while still having the car registrable also in the States.
No manual gearbox because customers aren't interested, as simple as that.
Even Pagani himself wasn't that happy about it. At least it's not a DCT, which also means that very hypothetically someone could remove the actuation mechanisms and, given the gearbox will still work,l use it as a manual.

AldebaranY
12-31-2010, 07:51 AM
dont
let
me
know

What does it mean???
"Ultimatecarpage.com forums - Reply to Topic"

Man of Steel
12-31-2010, 08:43 AM
Best 1st post ever.

csl177
12-31-2010, 08:47 AM
And on a tbm thread, no less. Award due.

Ecnelis
12-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Back on topic: Deus Venti (http://www.deusventi.com)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PBzKe0ZqHk

At the 2011 Geneva Show opening in March, the wraps will finally come off the new Pagani, currently only known by its internal development codename, the C9.

As part of the launch process (which will cumulate with the release of images of the new Pagani at the end of January) a new website has just appeared where a source close to the project tells me a new video teaser will be released every week, right up until the point where the images go live on the 26th January.

(...)

This first video doesn't give much away but there's a significant clue right at the end of the clip, let me know if you can spot it!

community.evo.co.uk (http://community.evo.co.uk/users/Harry-Metcalfe/blogs/index.cfm/2010/12/29/Harry-Metcalfe--launch-of-the-new-Pagani-C9-starts-today)

EDIT: Teaser No2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHRU1pDTx6U