PDA

View Full Version : December 26th Classic Car meet

f6fhellcat13
12-31-2010, 01:35 AM
While the rest of the English-speaking world was indulging in Boxing Day festivities, I got up at a brisk seven in the morning to go take bad pictures of beautiful classic cars.
I don't know what exactly the event was called, but cars amassed in a parking lot from 8-10 and then went off on a "rallye" through Pasadena. Some of the cars in this event will be used in the Rose Parade on New Years.
Cars participating in the tour had to be pre-'32 and stock, but plenty of modified cars and cars that were merely classic, not antique, showed up to enjoy a beautiful winter's day in California.

I apologize for the awful camera work and horrible scan quality.
Before the '50s is really out of my depth for cars, so beyond the small snippets I remember from talking to people and badges I cannot really help with identification. Perhaps Wouter or henk or any other concourse regulars could be of help in that respect.

1: This isn't car-related but I just found that plaque too cool to pass up.

f6fhellcat13
12-31-2010, 01:40 AM
My attempts to get good shots underhood were mostly failures (including some of a gorgeous Packard twelve). Is it possible to capture a low light subject well in the midst of a bright day?

f6fhellcat13
12-31-2010, 01:45 AM
The steam car was quite a sight to behold, though it smelled pretty bad. (and yes, that is my best shot of it :))

f6fhellcat13
12-31-2010, 01:49 AM
The fifth picture is a Chrysler speedster, which had an incredible throaty exhaust note as it pulled out of the lot at quite some speed.

The Studie on moondiscs was one of my favorite non-antique cars at the event.

f6fhellcat13
12-31-2010, 01:53 AM
The Indian had another great exhaust note. Very sharp and staccato.

f6fhellcat13
12-31-2010, 01:55 AM
The Rolls was sympathetically restored; it still had some patina and imperfections which I think only added to its awesome presence.

That's all for me. Please anyone give me advice on how to do a better job of documenting the event than this. :)