Matra et Alpine
05-25-2004, 05:25 AM
Start -> TC1, 15 mins, 7.5 miles, CRO

Start MR 449737
E
TJTL
XRTR, SRTR, TJTL, SRTL, SRSO, SRTL, TJTR, SRSO
TC1 is at 468768 NNW

EDIT: You'll need the map and the roamer attached to http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71504&postcount=2
and advise to read the skills thoroughly :)

Mustang
05-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Yahay lookng forward to starting this. what do we have to do to show you our results ?

Matra et Alpine
05-25-2004, 11:45 AM
Yahay lookng forward to starting this. what do we have to do to show you our results ?
I think a day after I post the stage directions, I'll then post the answer as a copy of my own marked up map(s).
For some ( and the first one is an example ) I've got 2 set of instructions.
I'll always post the harder one first and then the easier one later.
So approx 1/2 day after the hard I'll post the easy.
Then after a full day from initial post I'll post the asnwer.
You can then compare it with your and ask questions.
TBH, making up the how to check it as I go along :)

Matra et Alpine
05-25-2004, 11:47 AM

Start MR 449737
E
SH 81, 41, 103

Pass through 48657520 and 48507555 in order

TC1 is at 468768 NNW

Mustang
05-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Hay think i have got it here :):)

Matra et Alpine
05-25-2004, 12:07 PM
OK, I'll post the results to this one earlier than planned.

I mark my maps with 4B pencil. I show lines ACROSS the road where a PC or TC is located and I'll also annotate any NAMs or difficult junctions to ensure I call them as particular attention to the driver.

The lines for PCs and TCs have an ARROW on them also to show the direction of arrival. This just makes it a little easier whn plotting AND if you DO get lost/mis-directed and cut out a leg to get back on-track it makes sure you come to a TC in the right direction. With plot'n'bash it is quite easy to get off the correct road as you try to work out the more difficult directions - especially SHs and ETL crossings ( they'll be more of these later :) )

Some navs mark their map so that the line they draw is ALWAYS on the outside of any junction. I sometimes do and sometimes don't :) I'll show some the other way later.

Anyway, here's the marked map.
NOTE: SHs haven't been highlighted. I couldn't find a way to do it AND let the numebr shine through. In real-life nav I use a highlighter - yellow for SHs, green for landmarks/MPs etc. I also use blue to repeat the grid numbers and mark the limits of the rally area - I'll go over that in detail in skills later.

So does your

Mustang
05-25-2004, 12:12 PM
Think i have finished when can i post what i have done?

Mustang
05-25-2004, 12:48 PM
Yay i got it rite:D:D:D

i really did do this before peter posted the answer so i guess it is 1-0 to me gainst everyone :D:D

next time i will make sure that i use a better pen and dont get carried away with it :)

Blue Supra
09-21-2004, 06:34 AM
OK so im having a go at this, iv been bushwalking plenty of times and know the numbers bits, its the turns and stuff that got me confused but once you get to know it its easy enough, heres my 1st attempt!

Matra et Alpine
09-21-2004, 08:43 AM
Welcome aboard.

If you're doing the stages for the intellectual challenge, it's OK to mark in pink and electronic text. BUT, if you want to move on to being a nav, try to do it in pencil and remember you still want to see the junctions and roadmarks. AND for full realism get someone to move the desk you're wirkign at while you try to do it )

Either way is fun and OK, My answers and comments on usage will tend to focus on the "total experience" so you might see things pointed out that dont' matter for the "table top" challenge :)

The 'answer routes' posted in each stage by me, so you can check your own results - and review the feedback to others and mayeb see their omissions and improvments.

Mustang
09-21-2004, 11:02 AM
The 'answer routes' posted in each stage by me, so you can check your own results - and review the feedback to others and mayeb see their omissions and improvments.

hehe, your getting a bit carried away arent you :p

*other
*his

:p

welcome abord mate :) woot :p3700 <<<

Matra et Alpine
09-21-2004, 01:01 PM
sheesh, don't rub it in Mustang. Man you're lucky we carried it on. Don't usually do presentations and training to an audience of one ( or even two ) !!!!

Mustang
09-21-2004, 01:03 PM
well you know that i am greatful for it :)

cheers mate :)

taz_rocks_miami
09-21-2004, 01:09 PM

Start MR 449737
E
SH 81, 41, 103

Pass through 48657520 and 48507555 in order

TC1 is at 468768 NNW

Have you ever posted a thread where you explain how to read this Matra
:confused: I want to learn, and this looks like Chinese to me right now.

Mustang
09-21-2004, 01:12 PM
Have you ever posted a thread where you explain how to read this Matra
:confused: I want to learn, and this looks like Chinese to me right now.

yes he has, go to the main rally section and look in the skills and getting started parts :) that will tell you

taz_rocks_miami
09-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Cool, thanks Mustang!!

Mustang
09-21-2004, 01:23 PM
its ok mate,

and by the way i agree with your sig accept for the ferrari bit:p

Spastik_Roach
11-20-2004, 04:55 PM
I'm a late beginner :D Heres my attempt. Please don't go too hard on me, this is the first time i've ever done something like this...

Mustang
11-20-2004, 04:59 PM
ver nearly perfect, rite at the end where you turned left if you had gone the length of that blu line straight up it would o fbeen perfect have a quick loot at Peters to see what i mean

Overall i gove you a B+ :)

Matra et Alpine
11-21-2004, 02:36 AM
I'm a late beginner :D Heres my attempt. Please don't go too hard on me, this is the first time i've ever done something like this...
not bad.
Started and ended at ther wrong places.
Not sure if that's just your map marking or whether you had trouble with Map References.
Try to mark the map with a short line ACROSS the road with arrow showing car direction and Contrl name/number.
By now you'll have reviewd against the asnwer and seen the differences.
Well done :)