PDA

View Full Version : JAG is joining the Diesel club for the first time

kinan.f
06-14-2003, 10:31 AM
Jag has decided to boost up its sales figures for the X-type by introducing a new 2.0 litre diesel engine(borrowed from Ford TDCi unit seen in the Mondeo) with the same 2.0 petrol powered car price.
http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/289/images/img01.gif
Developing 128bhp and 243lb ft of torque, it'll hit the first 100 kmh in 9.5 secs & a top speed of 125 mph.
It will be followed up with a 2.7 litre twin turbo diesel engine devoloping 140 bhp & making it faster to hit the 62 mph.

Credits:TOPGEAR

motorhead
06-14-2003, 11:32 AM
a deisel x - that should push sales up - thus they could do better in formula 1 development(hehe)and everything else - more money means everything else actually if you think about it

motormaniac
06-15-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by motorhead
a deisel x - that should push sales up - thus they could do better in formula 1 development(hehe)and everything else - more money means everything else actually if you think about it

think abt the enviromentalists

Kudosdude
06-16-2003, 12:44 AM
Personally I don't know whether a diesel is the way to go for Jaguar. While they make some good/bad cars, they could always say they NEVER made a diesel. To me some character has gone from the brand.
Even stranger when you consider I don't mind diesels.

motorhead
06-17-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by motormaniac
think abt the enviromentalists environmentalist can **** OFF MAN - they go around telling people to do this do that and they themselves do not guive a ****in damn

motormaniac
06-19-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Kudosdude
Personally I don't know whether a diesel is the way to go for Jaguar. While they make some good/bad cars, they could always say they NEVER made a diesel. To me some character has gone from the brand.
Even stranger when you consider I don't mind diesels. '

wat's so bad abt diesels?

motorhead
06-19-2003, 10:20 AM
deisels are generally more noiser than petrol engines and whenever is a JAG noisy bar the R1 R2 R3 R4 and the XJR group C racers and the XJ220 and XJR 15 - their production sedans are all very quiet and yes a jag is a very very high classed car in the eyes of many people and stuffing a deisel engine in it only brings its class down - bit we don't care - they are gonna make more money and thus a brighter future - maybe they will go independent someday - GET OUT OF FORD JAGUAR

motormaniac
06-19-2003, 07:36 PM
Exactly, ford's screwing jag up

motorhead
06-20-2003, 09:10 AM
erm no not really - its jaguars decision that they wanted a deisel not ford - and if it was not for ford - i think jag would be dead now