PDA

View Full Version : Mansory Siracusa Ferrari 458 Italia

Dino Scuderia
03-04-2011, 05:14 AM
Dig the 70's style carbon window louvers?

"Mansory has unveiled tuned version of Ferrari 458 Italia called Siracusa at the Geneva Motor Show.

The vehicle features carbon fiber in all body components and the result is weight-saving of 70kg. The new components are a front apron including air inlets for the front coolers, a new bonnet and side skirts with integrated ducts. The rear window is replaced with carbon blades.

Mansory Siracusa is powered by 4.5 liter hi-revving V8 with 590PS (434 kW) and 560Nm (413 lb-ft). The performance upgrade includes an ECU remap, sport air filer and sport exhaust system. 0 to 100 km/h in 3.2 seconds and top speed of 330 km/h (205 mph).

Mansory installed four sport shock absorbers and progressively-wound lowering springs. The ride height is reduced with 20mm.

Siracusa Ferrari 458 Italia stands on 9J x 20” and 11J x 21” forged rims fitted with 245/35 ZR20 and 305/30 ZR21 tires from Michelin.

The interior boasts leather, ultra-suede and carbon. There are also a newly designed center console, aluminum pedals and a sport steering wheel."

thebrochureman
03-04-2011, 05:26 AM
Don't realy like the look of it. So 0-60 in 3.2 secs that only 0.2 secs better, and a top speed of 205 thats only 3 mph better than the normal one.

Dino Scuderia
03-04-2011, 05:32 AM
I rarely like any of Mansory's cars in total but some of the bits are okay now and then.

Don't like their SLS at all.

f6fhellcat13
03-04-2011, 07:01 AM
I find it funny that they felt the need to install "sports" shocks, presumably because the 458 shares its suspension with a Brougham d'Elegance.

Ferrer
03-04-2011, 07:44 AM
I find it funny that they felt the need to install "sports" shocks, presumably because the 458 shares its suspension with a Brougham d'Elegance.
The also seem to progressively give you more backache as the journey progresses.
Or something.

RacingManiac
03-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Are they like the Koenig or whatever of the 2000s? Throwing out tasteless "tuned" cars by the dozens...

Most people still associate "sport" with just stiffly sprung car that rides low...greatly ignoring the fact that most manufacturers employs a great numbers of people who actually knows what they are doing and tune the cars scientifically....and puts on hundreds of thousands if not millions of miles to test a car before it was released.....only to be ruin by the so called "experts" in the tuner crowd who probably will have a hard time telling whats a damping curve vs a tire cruve...

Dino Scuderia
03-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Yeah, messing with the suspension on 458 is laughable.

But the ppl that buy Mansory's can't even spell suspension.

NicFromLA
03-04-2011, 09:58 AM
When I read the title of this I knew the car would be awful, but I never thought it would be this awful.

Cobrafan427
03-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Are they like the Koenig or whatever of the 2000s? Throwing out tasteless "tuned" cars by the dozens...

Most people still associate "sport" with just stiffly sprung car that rides low...greatly ignoring the fact that most manufacturers employs a great numbers of people who actually knows what they are doing and tune the cars scientifically....and puts on hundreds of thousands if not millions of miles to test a car before it was released.....only to be ruin by the so called "experts" in the tuner crowd who probably will have a hard time telling whats a damping curve vs a tire cruve...

I'm sure the manufacturers don't mind because the tuners still have to buy the cars to tune. They prolly actually make a little more for licensing to use their names and such

RacingManiac
03-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Of course OEMs don't mind, the car is sold anyway...I am more baffled by the people who pays money for them to do it....

Granted you are free to do whatever you want with your own money....

LeonOfTheDead
03-04-2011, 02:08 PM
AFAIK there are only two or maybe three licensed tuners for Ferrari, one being Novitec which is also a technical partner. Like Brabus with Daimler, or Abt with Audi. Can't remember of the others though.

This car has so much wrong going on I can't bother to list the few microscopical detail I may have "liked".

Commodore GS/E
03-04-2011, 03:03 PM
I rarely like any of Mansory's cars in total but some of the bits are okay now and then.

Don't like their SLS at all.

Most efforts to "tune" an SLS end up like this. But because there are LOADS of people with more money than brain out there, this will never stop.

We should start a "Save the Mercs" movement. With t-shirts and stuff.

Yes, that'll do.

TVR IS KING
03-04-2011, 05:14 PM
I don't know who's buying these tuned supercars, but I wish they wouldn't so companies like this cease to exist.
It's the Justin Bieber situation. The problem is less the source, and more the people that are sustaining it by shoveling out money to them.

I bet all those louvers and add-ons have ruined Ferrari's carefully yet expertly designed aero package.

LHamilton_w
03-04-2011, 06:02 PM
IMO it doesn't look too bad. Looks alot more aggressive than the standard 458, even if it is a bit overdone.

Magnum9987
03-04-2011, 08:03 PM
This is the only mansory I have seen that doesn't look like a blasphemy.

NSXType-R
03-04-2011, 08:05 PM
I don't like the 458 Itialia or the SLS AMG, so I don't care what Mansory does with them.

But I do have an issue with Gemballa messing with good Porsches (other than the Cayenne or the Panamera).

Why can't they be more like RUF?

henk4
03-05-2011, 12:08 AM
This is the only mansory I have seen that doesn't look like a blasphemy.

The Lotus Evora that they "treated" was not so bad either. The rest is vulgarity in its purest form, attracting fur-coat , gold and diamonds wearing, pony tailed relatively young and very rich men. (and corresponding women)

csl177
03-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Why can't they be more like RUF?
That would require taste. Alois comes from a family involved with seriously improving Porsches from early on, a firm history.
Others go over the top for attention; restraint isn't what they're known for... mostly it's boy-racer body kits and bolt-on HP.

The Lotus Evora that they "treated" was not so bad either. The rest is vulgarity in its purest form, attracting fur-coat , gold and diamonds wearing, pony tailed relatively young and very rich men. (and corresponding women) "Business" men? Three languages are spoken at the House of Mansory: English, German, and... Russian. ;)

Their website is kinda creepy. All that ugly bling, vaguely religious chorale music wafting... guess Kourosh thought it would be "classy".

henk4
03-05-2011, 01:40 AM
Their website is kinda creepy. All that ugly bling, vaguely religious chorale music wafting... guess Kourosh thought it would be "classy".

respecting my health, visiting their website is a-priori off-limits for me.

csl177
03-05-2011, 01:46 AM
The LINEA Vinceṛ d’Oro Bugatti is enough to cause gastric distress. And that's if you can't stand the Veyron to begin with.

henk4
03-05-2011, 01:58 AM
The LINEA Vinceṛ d’Oro Bugatti is enough to cause gastric distress. And that's if you can't stand the Veyron to begin with.

I had the dubious pleasure to shoot that car. My camera still lives on.

Ferrer
03-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Pieter, how are your eyes?

I presume they hurt a lot...

henk4
03-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Pieter, how are your eyes?

I presume they hurt a lot...

I always wear protective glasses whenever I enter a Mansory stand.

jenny1386
03-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Mansory looks too bad because of it's dull looks and color scheme.

csl177
03-09-2011, 11:06 PM
:confused: Bright chrome yellow and carbon fiber sure be dull awwright.