PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari 360 CS vs Porsche GT3 RS

DarkPhenix
05-26-2004, 09:44 AM
This is from a recent top gear test, both got identical times around their track.. They have siad the gt3 is more mechanical and the cs is more electronic.. But overall they said the 360 was a better performance.. i would take the GT3 RS myself, and you? :rolleyes: :confused:

Delmaster
05-26-2004, 09:54 AM
I would also take the GT3 RS, Iīm Porsche-fan.
But except of this I think a car thatīs limited only to the most necessary should be more mechanical than electronic.

stratos
05-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Ferrari rules !!!!! :)

Cotterik
05-26-2004, 10:05 AM
I missed it :( But i take it you mean the Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale.
Stats of both cars:

Porsche 911 gt3rs:

Engine Type: Flat-6
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 381(280) / 7300
Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 4.4
Top Speed mph (km/h): 190 (306)

Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale:

Engine type: V8
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 425(312) / 8500
Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 4.1
Top Speed mph (km/h): 186 (300)

Personally i would take the GT3 RS, its more of a raw race car. The 360 has always seemed like a mini enzo to me, smaller power and smaller looks. You're right its better for a race car to be more mechanical than electrical, you can get so many electronics in a car that you are hardly driving it yourself, and thats not what a performace car is about.

Shinobi
05-26-2004, 10:23 AM
If I could choose either one, I'd take the Ferrari. The looks and the sound just make me weak. I'm not too fond of the red wheels on the RS. If I had to buy one though, it'd probably be the Porsche as it is significantly lower in cost with equal performance.

drakkie
05-26-2004, 11:01 AM
the porsche is better looking, but i think i go for the ferrari anyway

jones.dk
05-26-2004, 11:30 AM
I would take the Ferrari anytime!!

It looks fantastic, sounds fantastic, handles fantastic and it is more exlusive.

Ive read a test in a Danish Magasine where the ferrari had a topspeed of 310 km/h and the GT3 RS had a topspeed of 304 km/h

digitalcraft
05-26-2004, 11:42 AM
Ferrari is the evil dragon that must be slain. I'd take the porsche ;)

360_challenge
05-26-2004, 12:15 PM
ferrari annny day (my name tells u that), especially the stradale challenge!my my ,how i love that car! :D

cp01ae
05-26-2004, 01:37 PM
What can I say, I'm a Ferrari man.

DarkPhenix
05-28-2004, 01:00 PM
Top Gear - GT3 RS vs 360 CS (http://www.sleepy-fish.com/sleepy/Top_Gear_GT3RS_vs_360CS_hi.wmv)

Scientist
05-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Close call, but it's the Ferrari. It's better looking and sounding than the GT3.

What were the times around the Top Gear track? I heard they were close to the top cars (Koenigsegg, Carrera GT)

DarkPhenix
05-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Close call, but it's the Ferrari. It's better looking and sounding than the GT3.

What were the times around the Top Gear track? I heard they were close to the top cars (Koenigsegg, Carrera GT)

I'm crazy or you are a mod scientist?? :confused:

Scientist
05-28-2004, 01:25 PM
I'm crazy or you are a mod scientist?? :confused:

I'm not a mod, what do you mean? :confused:

DarkPhenix
05-28-2004, 01:45 PM
I'm not a mod, what do you mean? :confused:

well.. you have "Italian cars rule!" and your nickname.. :rolleyes:

foto_choppa
05-28-2004, 07:12 PM
ferrari anyday!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D , no competion :D

Mustang
05-29-2004, 01:59 AM

they beat the koenigsegg, zonda and murcielago, the slr beat then by 2 seconds and the carrera gt (might) will beat the SLR by *****seconds, i dont want to spoil it

DJ S
06-18-2004, 12:36 PM
The 360 beats the GT3 just as the Enzo beats the Carrera GT. Great as both the Porsches are they just can't match their Italian rivals. :)

johnnyperl
06-18-2004, 04:22 PM
why does everybody hate electronics? first off, none of you are race drivers. Id be happy to have ABS, CST and LC at least until i really became familiar with it, plus... second, you can turn of traction control in the CS. third, the porsche has red wheels, red wheels! it dont get much worse than that!. fourth, you must be deaf to even ask a question like this the CS is quite incredible. in fact i was driving by the ferrari shop here and they were testing a 355 on the lift, it was quite incredible. fifth, german cars have no soul. hey its true.
dont argue with me, you know im right.
the 360 CS, the CS that is not the regular one, looks better than the enzo, sounds better, and you can buy at least three for the price of one.
JP

Matra et Alpine
06-18-2004, 04:34 PM
why does everybody hate electronics?
It replaces skill with technology.
Compare it with microwave meals.
Is a great chef's skill best shown in a gourmet meal or in taking a box otu the freezer into the microwave for 5 mins and onto a plate.
So it is with driving.
Sometimes microwave meals are OK, but you REALLY want gourmet all the time :)

first off, none of you are race drivers.
Some have :)

Id be happy to have ABS, CST and LC at least until i really became familiar with it, plus... second, you can turn of traction control in the CS.
Generally a designer will use those featuers to improve the handling package.
Without them being available they would design a better chass, suspension, wheel package to give equivalent/close performance.
They all add weight :( You can't turn THAT off :)

....dont argue with me, you know im right...JP
almost:)

Niko_Fx
06-18-2004, 05:07 PM
why does everybody hate electronics? first off, none of you are race drivers. Id be happy to have ABS, CST and LC at least until i really became familiar with it, plus... second, you can turn of traction control in the CS. third, the porsche has red wheels, red wheels! it dont get much worse than that!. fourth, you must be deaf to even ask a question like this the CS is quite incredible. in fact i was driving by the ferrari shop here and they were testing a 355 on the lift, it was quite incredible. fifth, german cars have no soul. hey its true.
dont argue with me, you know im right.
the 360 CS, the CS that is not the regular one, looks better than the enzo, sounds better, and you can buy at least three for the price of one.
JP

My vote went to Ferrari, but I have to argue your post cause I don't agree with what you say.

What does Soul got to do in all this? They both had the same time, finish end of discussion, in terms of racing these 2 cars are equal.

Red wheels, well if you have the money for the car I'm sure you could afford some new wheels... but OMG no! Red wheelS! What a tragedy...

you must be deaf to even ask a question like this the CS is quite incredible

Ok? And so is the Porsche, it matches the Ferrari in handling and acceleration. You are just being blind to how awesome that Porsche is. Watch the video, it might open your eyes. ;)

Spastik_Roach
06-18-2004, 05:14 PM
Some may argue with this, but the reality is that the 911 has tons more history behind it. Many Many RS's have gone before it, and each time they have been hailed as brilliant drivers cars. The Ferrari is just a mere special edition to me.

I think the RS looks totally awesome, like a race car, which figures...

johnnyperl
06-19-2004, 03:22 AM
I dont want to sound like one of those people who thinks everything ferrari is brilliant, but when looking at these two cars there is no comparison in my mind, even IF the CS was slower.
Matra et Alpine, your right about electronics 100%. However, how many of us are "great chefs". and in the overall picture, electronics dont any weight. this is not a big issue since all the aids can be disabled.
Niko_Fx, of corse im "just being blind to how awesome that Porsche is"...I dont like it or any other porsche.

Im not a race driver, and very few are able to extract so much out of either of these cars so i base my choice on not only performance and considering that the cars are "equal" the choice must come down to personal choice.(dont bring up the price cause its not an issue).