PDA

View Full Version : The perfect job ? Get applications in :)

Matra et Alpine
04-13-2011, 09:47 AM
http://www.repairacar.co.uk/delivery-driver

Seriously :)

Repairacar – based in Newcastle-under-Lyme – are looking for a Delivery Driver (Supercar Class) to pick up and return customer’s cars all over Europe.

Yes, that means that you’ll be paid a five-figure sum to fly all over Europe, pick up the cream of the world’s metal, and drive to and from the company's Staffordshire home.

OK, some experience is required: a minimum of ten years driving high performance vehicles in Europe, no less.

Already been suggested at the site that as it involves corners, American's needn't apply :)

blingbling
04-13-2011, 09:56 AM
i would be very tempted to stop doing my job properly and just drive off with one of the cars

Ferrer
04-13-2011, 02:43 PM
How do you back up having driven high performance cars in Europe for the last 10 years? Also I read somewhere that you would have to drive carefully, so how does high performance experience matter, if you are never going to experience that high performance?

They say, as well, that you'll have to take public transport for the job. That's a no go from the start for me...

NSXType-R
04-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Question- why couldn't they trailer the cars? As an owner, the only miles I want on the car are the ones I put on the car.

johnnynumfiv
04-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Already have the closest thing to this job I can get. Muhaha.

LeonOfTheDead
04-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Question- why couldn't they trailer the cars? As an owner, the only miles I want on the car are the ones I put on the car.

Yeah, as if there weren't already enough exotics crashed by mechanics and other guys who just got the keys from the owners to had the headlight fixed, or something like that.

That's how half of WreckedExotics' entries happened. The other half were reckless drivers doing inexplicable high speeds in easily explicable wrong situations.

LHamilton_w
04-13-2011, 03:41 PM
http://www.repairacar.co.uk/delivery-driver
Already been suggested at the site that as it involves corners, American's needn't apply :)

^No need for stereotypes sir. Contrary to what you might think...... ;)

OK, some experience is required: a minimum of ten years driving high performance vehicles in Europe

So you pretty much have to be a racing driver/instructor or test driver I assume? Which is actually understandable, considering many of the clients probably have short fuses, so an accident with their cars would most certainly not go down well.

Matra et Alpine
04-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Was ONLY citing what others had said LH :) But truth can hurt !!!

Experience isn't for RACING or speed, it's for delivery. The requirement for performance experince is so they dont get some dick who thinks he/she is a god in driving :) and wont welly the throttle coming out of corners too soon !! Met a guy in Birmingham at classic car show who stored 8 cars at his farm and woudl drive them to all over Europe. He said often it was to pick a car jsut bought at an auction and drive it to storage and then a year or so later go pick it up and drive it to an auction !!

ANd re why not trailer ... driving is a fraction of cost of a trailer and gives the car the exercise it needs to prevent long term issues.

kingofthering
04-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Why don't they call up Ben Collins? He's probably doing nothing at the moment. :D

Matra et Alpine
04-14-2011, 12:28 AM
Ben's blown that one. If there's one thing I was told about these personal deliveries is they are often kept VERY quiet :)

Could you imagine trying to keep a straight face and saying to Collin's "dont tell anyone" ?

:)

thebrochureman
04-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Why don't they call up Ben Collins? He's probably doing nothing at the moment. :D

Ben Collins is working for Fifth Gear.

Badsight
04-15-2011, 12:11 AM
fighter pilots dont make good airliner pilots

similarly, this is a driving job where cornering skill isnt a positive

for me personally , the Stig has one of the best jobs ever in motoring

NSXType-R
04-15-2011, 07:33 AM
fighter pilots dont make good airliner pilots

similarly, this is a driving job where cornering skill isnt a positive

for me personally , the Stig has one of the best jobs ever in motoring

Why, because they do barrel rolls when they feel like it?

pimento
04-15-2011, 09:22 AM
You don't?

ScionDriver
04-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Not a bad job, driving awesome cars with none of the drawbacks of ownership, like maintenance costs, gas prices, insurance, etc. Good work, if you can get it!