PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Top Gear vid collection...

@wall
05-27-2004, 12:13 AM
many of you guys have posted up your car vid collections. i think i have a pretty large collection, such that i couldn't be bothered writing up a list and have just taken screen shots of the file names :D

anyway, i am more than willing to share these and if anyone can come up with a half decent way of doing so then jackpot...

the only idea i have is that anyone who has decent bandwidth and can leave there computer on for extensive amounts of time start a hotline server -

www.bigredh.com

it is a really simple and easy means of sharing files...

ALSO in addition to those in these vids i have the full length doco of last years USA GumBall3000 rally and the Jackass episdode on the Euro GumBall3000, plus a crapload of drag movies... :D

Scientist
05-27-2004, 12:34 AM
I have about the same amount of Top/5th Gear vids, but it's a complete mess on my harddisk. I should really clean it up when I have the time.

Anyway, why not try using some file sharing program. I use DC++ alot at school (I have 10mbit there :D ) and it works great.

(am I breaking the rules by mentioning this? :rolleyes: )

@wall
05-27-2004, 12:55 AM
I have about the same amount of Top/5th Gear vids, but it's a complete mess on my harddisk. I should really clean it up when I have the time.

Anyway, why not try using some file sharing program. I use DC++ alot at school (I have 10mbit there :D ) and it works great.

(am I breaking the rules by mentioning this? :rolleyes: )

NO! damn i wish i had your kind of bandwidth, i would have shared these along time ago!

Mustang
05-27-2004, 01:00 AM
where do you download all yours from??

i usually download mine of kazaa or viper007bonds site :)

P.s. i dont have that many because i only download the ones that i miss tapeing off the Tv, which isnt many ;)

Scientist
05-27-2004, 02:36 AM
NO! damn i wish i had your kind of bandwidth, i would have shared these along time ago!

I can't share them all the time, because I'm not always at school. And my laptop's HDD is only 20GB, so that wouldn't be enough to share a lot of vids.

where do you download all yours from??

i usually download mine of kazaa or viper007bonds site :)

P.s. i dont have that many because i only download the ones that i miss tapeing off the Tv, which isnt many ;)

I downloaded a lot of tests from racingflix.com. I don't have a membership there, but I just put 10 downloads in the Download Accellerator program and the next morning, they're done! :D

Other sites are www.sleepy-fish.com and off course viper007bonds site.

Matt
05-27-2004, 06:40 AM
many of you guys have posted up your car vid collections. i think i have a pretty large collection, such that i couldn't be bothered writing up a list and have just taken screen shots of the file names :D

anyway, i am more than willing to share these and if anyone can come up with a half decent way of doing so then jackpot...

the only idea i have is that anyone who has decent bandwidth and can leave there computer on for extensive amounts of time start a hotline server -

www.bigredh.com

it is a really simple and easy means of sharing files...

ALSO in addition to those in these vids i have the full length doco of last years USA GumBall3000 rally and the Jackass episdode on the Euro GumBall3000, plus a crapload of drag movies... :D

I wouldn't say it's the BIGGEST, but it's big. ;) I think I still have about 100 more than that, and I don't count non-Top Gear or non-Fifth Gear videos.

Just so you guys know, when I'm at home I leave my AIM open with file sharing on. So, any of you can venture into my Top Gear/5th Gear folder and take whatever you'd like. If you try to get to my files and it says it's not available, it's because I'm not at home - I'm signed in at work instead.