PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Grand Prix (6-8 May)

Ferrer
05-08-2011, 06:41 AM
What a race. It's been long since I had last seen a F1 race that was as exciting. Especially for the first half, there was action everywhere.

As for the race itself, the Red Bulls behaved as expected. Excellent race by Alonso with a much inferior car. And also Rosberg put on a good performance. Schumacher should just retire now. His performance is embarrasing.

Dino Scuderia
05-08-2011, 07:45 AM
First race I watched this season.

Agree with your review, especially about Schumi.

Good battling.

f6fhellcat13
05-20-2011, 11:18 PM
There was a lot of great overtaking but there was also an excess of DRS-aided overtaking. Most of the time the cars behind breezed past the cars they were attempting to pass. I felt like this detracted from the great overtaking that was going on elsewhere on the track because rather than risk showing two cars most-likely taking a corner sequentially with a small probability of action, they could just show the back straight and were guaranteed to have something occur.

faksta
05-21-2011, 11:42 AM
What I don't like about the whole DRS thing is that if one follows a group of 2 or more cars running within a second or so he would hardly ever chase them up, as they are able to drop off a couple of tenths a lap with an aid of DRS, while the follower doesn't have such an opportunity. That makes for some passing-by's within 1-second groups, but doesn't help any real challenging.