PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans Results

Kudosdude
06-16-2003, 01:26 AM
http://www.lemans.org/2003/24auto/pages/classements_gb.shtml

Unable to watch it so if any-one has a good video ;) (or time to write a good commentary).

henk4
06-16-2003, 04:32 AM
There were two dark green cars, No7 and No8, who were in front all the time, the No7 won, (who knows why these two cars had different rear wings?) There was a red car, 88, who won the GTS class, way ahead of some dark blue american cars (50 and 53).

I watched quite a lot but this is not really a spectator race, a 24 hour video would provide quite a lot of boring stuff (sorry I did not tape a minute).

Eurosport had the decency to show the vintage race which took place on Saturday morning, unfortunately we missed the first 45 minutes of the one hour race, but it was very interesting to see Willie Green in the JS3 winning, with a B16 coming in second, and, admittedly sounding like an old fart (which I of course am) this was the most interesting part of the weekend.

Rob
06-16-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Kudosdude
http://www.lemans.org/2003/24auto/pages/classements_gb.shtml

Unable to watch it so if any-one has a good video ;) (or time to write a good commentary).

As henk said, it where the Bentleys with no7 and 8 who won the race, a bit like the way Audi won in the last years, from start to finish they where first and second. One of the Audi's retired early in the race because they ran out of fuel on the back of the circuit.
The LMP900 class was quite interesting in the end, there where three cars on positions 5, 6 and 7 in the same lap at the end.
In the GTS class it was the Ferrari no88 who won before some Corvettes. It wasn't very exiting because the Ferrari had about 14 laps on the Corvettes, In the GT class it was Porsche again.

There where no heavy crashes, no rain, and not really special things as far as I have seen it. But LeMans is still LeMans.

DasModell
06-16-2003, 08:31 AM
but still i've enjoyed it very much .. too bad for the 512S :) :) ...

henk4
06-16-2003, 08:37 AM
[i]. too bad for the 512S :) :) ... [/B]
Yeah I heard it was there but I was too late to see it run. According to the commentary it should have won.

Rob
06-16-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by DasModell
but still i've enjoyed it very much .. too bad for the 512S :) :) ...

what happend with it? I think I saw the part henk mist.