PDA

View Full Version : Lycoming Motors Celebration

Cobrafan427
07-16-2011, 10:07 PM
This car show was held at Lycoming College dedicated to the history of Lycoming Motors but unfortunately only one Cord showed up haha but i took pictures (very poor cell phone pictures) of whatever else showed up that caught my eye to try to contribute to the forums anyway.

Cobrafan427
07-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Last ones, the first thing that caught my attention when i saw the Avanti was how much the rear end resembled the new Aston Martin V12 Zagato, so i threw in pictures to compare

NSXType-R
07-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Wow, that Cord does look modern.

What does Lycoming have to do with Cord? Supplied the motor?

They manufacture aircraft engines though right?

Cobrafan427
07-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Wow, that Cord does look modern.

What does Lycoming have to do with Cord? Supplied the motor?

They manufacture aircraft engines though right?

Lycoming supplied the engines for Cord and Auburn during the 20's and 30's and then converted to bomber engines for WWII. They died as soon as the war did

culver
07-18-2011, 06:14 AM
Lycoming died or Cord died? Lycoming is still around.

joesharp
07-18-2011, 01:51 PM
This car show was held at Lycoming College dedicated to the history of Lycoming Motors but unfortunately only one Cord showed up haha but i took pictures (very poor cell phone pictures) of whatever else showed up that caught my eye to try to contribute to the forums anyway.

cool cars. where's lycoming college?

Cobrafan427
07-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Lycoming died or Cord died? Lycoming is still around.
I thought Lycoming died, didn't know they're still going strong in the personal aircraft business because they don't advertise or sponsor anything around here (i live 10 mins from it's headquarters)

cool cars. where's lycoming college?
Williamsport, Pennsylvania

csl177
07-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Alive and doing very well. Lycoming Engines - A Textron Company (http://www.lycoming.com/)