PDA

View Full Version : Concours d'Elegance of America

RacingManiac
07-31-2011, 09:52 PM
Picasa Web Albums - Andrew Wong - Concours dEl... (https://picasaweb.google.com/racingmaniac/ConcoursDEleganceOfAmericaAtStJohnS?authuser=0&feat=directlink)

Shot today....didn't get all the cars and I got a bit tired with the 30+ C weather.....

demonrunning07
07-31-2011, 10:05 PM
My hero!
Where was this event held?

henk4
07-31-2011, 11:06 PM
Interesting to see the liquid suspension Indy car. Last year there was one of these at Goodwood and I had the impression that Huffaker made only one. The one at Goodwood was blue and not orange.

Dino Scuderia
08-01-2011, 04:03 AM
Thanks for pics, RM!

henk, the third post down in the following thread link is by someone familiar with the cars and mentions the blue one which may be the one you saw.

Huffaker MG Liquid Suspension Indy Car MG Experience Forums (http://www.mgexperience.net/phorum/read.php?41,1504044)

henk4
08-01-2011, 04:19 AM
Thanks for pics, RM!

henk, the third post down in the following thread link is by someone familiar with the cars and mentions the blue one which may be the one you saw.

Huffaker MG Liquid Suspension Indy Car MG Experience Forums (http://www.mgexperience.net/phorum/read.php?41,1504044)

thanks, I got the impression last year from discussions with the caretakers that there was only one.

RacingManiac
08-01-2011, 06:02 AM
My hero!
Where was this event held?

St. John's, which I take it is some kind of Golf and Country Club in Plymouth, Michigan, just outside of metro Detroit. Apparently it used to be held in Meadowbrook up near Oakland University in MI, which would've been much closer to me....lol

It's a pretty big show with all the proper judging and everything with panel of judges from major publication and industry....there are portions of it is like wine and cheese affair, but most is just like other big outdoor car show. Cars are of course immaculate as in most of these shows...

Cobrafan427
08-01-2011, 08:37 PM
The Ferrari 275 and the Kaiser Darrin look really familiar, especially the Kaiser, i've seen them at the Concours d'Elegance held in Bethlehem, PA. This show looks like it draws a lot more high end cars, especially the supercars, than the one in Bethlehem

csl177
08-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Nice bunch of photos, thanks for sharing. Fun to see the Indy cars shown in so many places; they were down here at Boca Raton this past spring, and at least two in your pics were driven around Laguna Seca a couple of years ago.

So was this event moved to another location because of the Meadowbrook Concours?

henk4
08-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Nice bunch of photos, thanks for sharing. Fun to see the Indy cars shown in so many places; they were down here at Boca Raton this past spring, and at least two in your pics were driven around Laguna Seca a couple of years ago.

So was this event moved to another location because of the Meadowbrook Concours?

no, it IS the new location for the (former) Meadowbrook Concours.

RacingManiac
08-02-2011, 06:23 AM
no, it IS the new location for the (former) Meadowbrook Concours.

Yep....like I said I never been to the former show, and sorta regret now since that is literally 3 mins away from me....lol