PDA

View Full Version : Lotus GTE Road Car

Dino Scuderia
08-25-2011, 04:40 AM
Should any car company turn their styling over to Mansory?:eek::rolleyes:

Taking the idea of a track-focused street car to the next level, Lotus has unveiled the GTE Road Car Concept at Pebble Beach. Named after the GTE class cars that Lotus is currently racing in Europe, this concept is essentially a blend of that competition racer with a street-legal Evora. In many ways it’s not as far from reality as one might guess, with the race car based heavily on the Evora road car and even sharing the same aluminum tub.

Thanks to a near excessive use of carbon fiber the concept weighs between 200 and 300 lbs less than the production Evora S, while the engine gets a healthy bump in power. With a modified version of the Evora S’s supercharged 3.5-liter V6, power is raised from 345-hp to 420-hp. No acceleration figures have been provided by Lotus, but with the stock car running 4.3 seconds to 60 mph and this concept also sporting a sequential transmission, a high 3.0 second time is certain.

Along with a significantly more aggressive front-end design, much of the Evora GTE’s look comes from a wider body, which is between two and three inches wider per side. (We could, however, do without that rear wing).

Inside, the car is coated almost entirely in carbon fiber, with no carpeting to speak of, while carbon-backed seats are swathed in ultra-grippy Alcantara.

Lotus has yet to confirm if the Evora GTE Road Car Concept will go into production but PR boss Kevin Smith assures us it’s not as distant an idea as it seems, and that a race car inspired Lotus street car could hit the market as early as next year. Don’t get too excited, however, as Lotus could face big problems getting it certified for sale in the U.S.

AutoGuide

rafal345
08-25-2011, 05:58 AM
Look on a 5th photo, on the spoiler. Mansory?

Dino Scuderia
08-25-2011, 06:07 AM
Exactly what I was talking about....and the wing is...suck.

RacingManiac
08-25-2011, 07:21 AM
Aside from the literally picnic basket handle wing, the rest isn't as bad as some of their other cars....

Cobrafan427
08-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Aside from the literally picnic basket handle wing, the rest isn't as bad as some of their other cars....

Agreed, the car is nicely done but the wing ruins it. I'm also interested in the polished chrome car in the background, what is it?

rafal345
08-25-2011, 09:11 AM
polished chrome car in the background, what is it?
Aston Martin DB4 Zagato

Dino Scuderia
08-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Matte finishes need to die with fire.

RacingManiac
08-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Matte finishes need to die with fire.

Nah they look good, but I'd never want to own one....

NSXType-R
08-25-2011, 07:39 PM
That actually doesn't look half bad.

The Gemballa Porsche lineup is probably the worst. The Brabus Mercedes is a very close second.

In hindsight, it might be evil of me to say so, but I'm glad Mr. Gemballa owed so much money. :p

Dino Scuderia
08-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Nah they look good, but I'd never want to own one....

Expensive cars which have matte finish look like they were painted with rattle cans, I can see those type cars in the poor neighborhoods.

RacingManiac
08-26-2011, 09:39 AM
The only ones I've seen is the E-Tron SLS, R8 GT, and the Reventon, and they definitely don't look rattle can paint. The finish is very, very, fine, but still shows texture. They just don't hold out well since it leaves print on the finish if you touch it, and obviously its not clear coated so traditional paint maintenance won't work on them...

Dino Scuderia
08-26-2011, 09:46 AM
The only car I thought looked remotely decent with it is the Reventon.

Badsight
08-28-2011, 12:17 AM
how does mansory stay working as a viable business ?

Ferrer
08-28-2011, 03:48 AM
how does mansory stay working as a viable business ?
Because with money doesn't come taste.

Ecnelis
08-28-2011, 06:36 AM
Some hi-res :)