PDA

View Full Version : Honda S2000, Bland or not?

Spastik_Roach
05-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Some car magazines have been saying the Honda S2000 is pretty bland looking. I think that is absolutely stupid! It looks great in my opinion. Vote here and lets see what the outcome is. I just can't see what is bland about it.

I hate journalists, it seems for every car Its either bland, ugly, or outlandish. Meh.

jones.dk
05-29-2004, 04:31 AM
wee :p so far 100% says "no it isnt" :D i guess it isnt

360_challenge
05-29-2004, 04:42 AM
i like the s2000 quite alot ,theres a red one around the corner from my school and i dont know why people are slagging it off for its looks :( ,ah wel.

if you really like it ,why not enter the 5th gear competition to win vickys old one :p

btw like my new av?

Sweeney921
05-29-2004, 07:03 AM
its awesome

NAZCA C2
05-29-2004, 10:18 AM
The S2000 does'nt have all kinds of wings, spoilers, scoops, or diffusers on it like a lot of other cars these days have nor does it need them. I like the simple looks of the S2000. No way is it bland!

Homem de Gelo
05-29-2004, 10:44 AM
It looks fine for me.
I've seen few on the road but they always gave me a good impression.

UK CARS
05-29-2004, 10:46 AM
This cars fantastic looking...considering the price, if its good enough for V.B.H then its good enough for me :p ....niko_fx will tell you if its bland or not, his mate has one. in my view: is it hell :)

VtecMini
05-29-2004, 12:02 PM
I don't think it's so much bland as maybe just a bit conservative for a car that calls itself a sports car. The whole shape of the car, the rear and the front are all pretty generic.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to conform, It's just that cars at the sportier end of the market are better known for standing out, whereas this sits quite comfortably in the Honda range, keeping a family style.

Just my tuppence worth of course.

NoOne
05-29-2004, 04:46 PM
I like the S2000, it just seems to lack masculinity in the styling .. its too feminine ... pretty, even. IMHO :o

Spastik_Roach
05-29-2004, 05:13 PM
Well the poll seems to speak for its self at the moment, 19 votes, 18 for it isn't bland..

KnifeEdge_2K1
05-29-2004, 07:39 PM
It aint bland, its ... simple, not everyday plain white rice simple, hard in your face soysauce rice simple. It doesnt have the elaborate and exotic curves of a porsche or ferrari, or the masculine and hard lines of a lambo, but you have to admit, its subtle details all say, "I aint no regular farmboy." and leaves you in its wake. The angry headlights, long bonnet, angle of the windshield, blacked out tailights are all pretty regular on their own but together make one hell of a cocktail. Now I know i've made enough puns and lame analogies in this post to last me a lifetime so I'll just make like a banana and split. :D

Matra et Alpine
05-29-2004, 11:40 PM
The looks are typical Honda, functional with a distintive Honda'ness about it.

But it's in the handling and performance that it is an astounding car.
For the price, it gives heaps of fun on trackdays :)

werty
05-31-2004, 10:31 AM
Don't get me wrong i really like the S2000, it was especially fun when i got to test drive one with my dad. But if i'm being honest i think the rear end of the car was a bit bland. But then they redesigned the tail lights and now i think it look great. It's reletively cheap and fun to drive.

the only problem is i see to many old women driving it to go pick up the groceries and they drive really slow :rolleyes: