PDA

View Full Version : Italian Car Meet at My University 2011

NSXType-R
09-29-2011, 08:56 AM
This year the meet was pushed up earlier than usual to correspond with homecoming- not a good idea, as the original meeting place was a much more expansive, better looking place and altogether much much easier to find.

This was held in a corner behind multiple buildings and behind the ball field.

I also feel like since it was more cramped, the owners didn't like it so much and many left early. The Testarossa left early, and the 550 Maranello from last year didn't come back sadly. The other Testarossa from last year wasn't here either.

Although it seems to be a smaller turnout, there still were some nice rides, as I alluded to earlier.

As you might imagine, I made a bee-line straight towards the Alfa Romeo 8C first. :D

Another thing- I noticed that my camera might be overexposing to some extent- I'm not sure if it's a metering issue, or if it's because I'm shooting at larger apertures, but that last photo in this post explains what I'm trying to say. I might have benefited from a circular polarizer though.

NSXType-R
09-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale

Some of my shots came out hazy like this too- might have been the overcast skies.

NSXType-R
09-29-2011, 09:09 AM
Some more.

I believe this is an Alfa Romeo 2000 Touring.

NSXType-R
09-29-2011, 09:19 AM
The same Maserati Quattroporte from last year.

NSXType-R
09-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Fiat X1/9.

And assorted Alfa Romeo Spiders. Wasn't much a fan of the Spiders.

NSXType-R
09-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Definitely the same Lancia Scorpion as I saw last year.

Odd meter is odd- came out way too dark.

I think the blue Alfa is a Junior?

Other assorted Alfas.

NSXType-R
09-29-2011, 09:35 AM
Maserati Gran Turismo and a Ferrari 458 Itialia.

Kitdy
09-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Why doesn't the Alfa have front plates? NY requires front plates.

RacingManiac
09-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Rich school?:D

Granted U Toronto does have its share of expensive car on campus from some people who teach or goes there, it certainly is nothing like this...

NSXType-R
09-29-2011, 06:30 PM

A lot of the cars don't have it. The Stradale doesn't either.

It's ugly on the front.

Rich school?:D

Granted U Toronto does have its share of expensive car on campus from some people who teach or goes there, it certainly is nothing like this...

No, this is a state school. Far from rich. The owners probably aren't parents either.

Notice that it's not a parking lot. I assure you such a congregation doesn't happen all the time.

I'll post more a little later.

pimento
09-29-2011, 06:49 PM

Potentially removed them for the event?

demonrunning07
09-29-2011, 08:38 PM
They may have come from other states that don't require front plates. Like Pennsylvania, which boarders New York.

Which school in New York, if you don't mind me asking? My brother goes to SUNY Brockport and my dad went to Oneonta.

NSXType-R
09-30-2011, 07:21 AM
They may have come from other states that don't require front plates. Like Pennsylvania, which boarders New York.

Which school in New York, if you don't mind me asking? My brother goes to SUNY Brockport and my dad went to Oneonta.

SUNY Stony Brook.

The only car that I think is from out of state is the Alfa Romeo 2000 Touring, I spoke to the owner really quickly. They're from Connecticut.