PDA

View Full Version : My 914, and Love/Hate Car Relationships in general...

Egg Nog
05-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Well, after spending a few hours under and around my 914 earlier on today, I finally identified and solved basically all of its running problems. It is now (after quite a long time) starting, idling, and running perfectly. Not bad for me, with relatively limited technical skills, and a car more than a decade older than I am! :)

So anyway, it makes me pretty happen that everything with my car is well now, and it also makes me reflect back on how everything was earlier on... my happiness regarding my car tends to be cyclical, depending on wether or not it's working properly or not... It's very much developed into somewhat of a love/hate relationship. ;)

Does anyone else have any similar stories or experiences with their own vehicles?

Nigel
05-29-2004, 11:41 PM
well, I think you know more than anyone how I feel about my car. I love it to death, but after the 4th engine went, I was getting a little anoyed, to say the least. Little things like us coasting into our first BCmr2 club meet with my engine steaming and coolant gushing everywhere. It makes me wonder why I didnt just fix the ol' Jetta sometimes. Then other times, like anytime it is running properly, or after I have just installed the latest mod, I cant imagine myself driving any other car (zonda and mclaren aside).