PDA

View Full Version : future theoretcal mods

whiteballz
05-30-2004, 12:35 AM
okay heres how its going down, my dad and i have been planning to get an old bomb basicaly, perhaps mini or datto (datsun) and fool around with it on track days etc and for my first car, HOWEVER, recently shiftys dad bought a '04 STI and is taking the engine out of it, to put in a better one tuned for rallying, he usually puts the old "new" engine up for sale, and we were thinking of ether:

A: buying old mini, and putting that engine in there, ( ive heard of a mini with a 911 engine, but not sure how it would fit, or even if it would)

B: put the STI engine in my mums '96 liberty wagon and doing some suspension tune ups etc, respectable rims, 16/17 inch. NOT ricer, and not telling her what weve done, then i inherit the car before my older sister, because she dosent wana learn to drive. :D :D

C: buy some other old car be it mini/datto/old celica whatever, and just tuning that up, new parts, no visual mods, perhaps add 20/30 hp to give it some go, and use that as trackday car, (NOT to drive around in, pure track car, IE: losing as much weight from the car as possible. removing seats, roll cage etc etc etc

what are your thoughts?

Mustang
05-30-2004, 03:16 AM
Id go for C, if you get a raelly light car such as a mini, then completely strip out the interior, and make it like a race car, use it on trackdays it would be quite cool.

and then if you wanted to you could use it for rallying with a few mods in a lower class, so that it would be cheaper for you :)

VtecMini
05-30-2004, 05:30 AM
I'm prety much doing C right now. My friend has a 1.3 turbo A series in his garage, which I'm hoping to aquire for my stripped out Mini 1000.

The biggest engine I've seen in a Mini is a Rover 3.5 V8, but that was in a Mini Clubman, where engine bay space is at slightly less of a premium.

I saw a video of a Mini with a big block chevy engine in, just sat there making a lot of noise, but I don't know anything about it.