PDA

View Full Version : New NSX - Rendering Confirmed...

Niko_Fx
12-25-2011, 07:43 PM
From NSXPrime

just met with a dealer that attended the closed-door debut of the new NSX in Las Vegas. I handed him the rendering below. I asked him to study it carefully and confirm the authenticity. He said it is 99.9% accurate.

He went on to say the actual concept car didn't look *exactly* like the Avenger's car, but they were extremely close in similarities. The concept car was light blue in color. No interior details were shown. No engine details were given, except it would have SH-AWD. No release date and no price. And finally, he said everyone in the auditorium gave it a standing applause.

THIS is the new NSX!

Nothing will be as amazing as the one and only NSX, but it's cool nonetheless to see Honda investing in a sports car. We'll have to wait for the Detroit Auto Show to see some pics.. Wouter, are you attending this year?

RacingManiac
12-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Kinda looks like the old cadillac cien....

NSXType-R
12-25-2011, 09:10 PM
I've heard grumblings about it.

Staying positive about it, we'll just have to wait and see.

Kitdy
12-26-2011, 02:16 AM
Nothing will be as amazing as the one and only NSX, but it's cool nonetheless to see Honda investing in a sports car. We'll have to wait for the Detroit Auto Show to see some pics.. Wouter, are you attending this year?

Beh, should not be called an NSX. I don't like reviving dead names, especially if you drastically change the ethos of the car.

I might be attending this year...

Kinda looks like the old cadillac cien....

Wanna join potentially?

Ferrer
12-26-2011, 02:54 AM
This is wrong, as an NSX at least.

After having driven the tiny little white hairdressers car, I'm more convinced than ever that simpler is better.

ruim20
12-27-2011, 07:16 AM
I'll talk about it when i see it.

So far this and the Supra are well in the vaporware closet.

Kitdy
12-27-2011, 07:49 AM
This is less vapourwarey than the Supra I think, though that rumour is popping up again...

Rockefella
12-27-2011, 08:19 AM
Looks like a Hot Wheels car. Would need to see an actual model, not a render.

Kitdy
12-27-2011, 08:34 AM
Looks like a Hot Wheels car. Would need to see an actual model, not a render.

Rumours are it looks like Tony Stark's car in The Avengers (seen here (http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/05/is-tony-starks-new-acura-a-precursor-to-next-nsx/)), which looks like the rendering.

aiasib
12-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Is anyone else getting a Mazda Furai vibe from that Stark Acura?

Rockefella
12-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Rumours are it looks like Tony Stark's car in The Avengers (seen here (http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/05/is-tony-starks-new-acura-a-precursor-to-next-nsx/)), which looks like the rendering.

Much better, but to continue...

Is anyone else getting a Mazda Furai vibe from that Stark Acura?

Yeah, but I also see Mazda 3, and not in a good way. I'd like to see the nose get more front rake -- lower to the ground. Looks too blocky/chunky up front in comparison to the side-profile which is bang-on.

LHamilton_w
12-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Put this (or whatever the equivalent will be) into production, and Japan will truly enter the Supercar club.

Also, it will be interesting to see the full capability of SH-AWD if it is implemented.

Dino Scuderia
12-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Don't have any expectations these days from Honda. Acura's exec's recently said their cars have too much sophistication and too much performance so they are going to water down the next batch somewhat.

Logically thinking, this would make room for a new NSX to fill the sophistication and performance gap left after the mass castration....but again, it's Honda.

Thus company is still lost in the desert IMO.

thebrochureman
12-30-2011, 08:56 AM
I don't realy no what to think of it.

MrMopar427
12-31-2011, 08:14 AM
If the NSX is going to look like this, then the Honda engineers must have been on a lot of acid when drawing this.

theshooter
03-08-2012, 03:54 PM
can't wait ! I saw a commercial for it last week - looks crazy.

cheung
03-12-2012, 08:11 PM
As to me,the Honda NSX is back. And just like the original this is not just a sledgehammer supercar clone, but a fascinating, intriguing contemporary take on the genre.

kylawills
03-13-2012, 11:14 PM
The New NSX looks fantastic...beautiful :cool: