PDA

View Full Version : turbos

GTR Dreamer
05-30-2004, 09:52 PM
where is the best place to put a turbo on the exhaust. what about a twin turbo. :confused:

DodgeNitroBIRM
05-30-2004, 11:37 PM
What exactly do you mean? Most turbo manufactures (SP?? -_-;;) only make kits that come with the exhaust header for it. No offence, but how much experience do you have with engines?

cp01ae
05-31-2004, 08:19 AM
There is really only one place for a turbo to go, its at the end of the headers before the cats. twin turbo is really only better if you have a v-layout engine setup, want to minimize turbo lag, or have tons of cash

bk4uyeah
05-31-2004, 12:16 PM
Personally i think the supercharger is more affective

mulan
05-31-2004, 12:53 PM
ok i reply to all posts regarding turbos and bi turbos work better on a v block engine twin turbos on a straight engine isnt worth the hassle u want to go for 1 big turbo for big power or 1 small turbo for less power but better response ide go for the small turbo more fun trust

DodgeNitroBIRM
05-31-2004, 02:45 PM
What about these new hybrid style turbos? With a small spool and a large pump (sorry, not 100% familiar with turbos, but enough to know how to use them).

cp01ae
05-31-2004, 08:13 PM
The only problem with a supercharger is that you need to make even more power in order to drive it, with a turbo its free because you have to have exhaust coming out of the engine.

megotmea7
05-31-2004, 11:31 PM
first go to www.howstuffworks.com then you'll be able to answer most of the basic questions about turbo's yourself and you wont need to ask the nonsense ones such as this. then come back and ask more questions with a bit more educated understanding of turbo's and how they work

Egg Nog
05-31-2004, 11:37 PM
first go to www.howstuffworks.com then you'll be able to answer most of the basic questions about turbo's yourself and you wont need to ask the nonsense ones such as this. then come back and ask more questions with a bit more educated understanding of turbo's and how they work

I swear, this reply has been posted at least a million times on all internet car forums ;) It really is the very best way to respond... :D

GTR Dreamer
06-01-2004, 10:51 PM
thanks.
i dont have that much expierience with engines but know most stuff. i just not very familiar with turbo setups.i know how they work as i have been to how stuff works before.i was just not sure about , intake to a turbo, and wether it would afect it being in different places.obviously not. any way i know now.

megotmea7
06-02-2004, 01:13 PM
typicaly you your turbo(s) as close to the head as possible for better responsiveness, but on things like drag cars resposeiveness isnt such an issue so they can be placed where ever they'll fit ;)

mulan
06-03-2004, 10:18 AM
for some 1 dreaming about owning a gtr they should know a lil about turbos also i think its a bit of a harshe response but a good way tyo find info is on forums so he has done half the right thing but oh well its all good also when a turbo is close to the butterfly throttel it produces better power but further away it produces more torque just sort of like varible inlet maniford tracts but none ajustable any way have fun on my comments

megotmea7
06-03-2004, 01:19 PM
what in sam-hill are you talking about? :rolleyes:

mulan
06-04-2004, 12:11 PM
i dont know i was drunk when i wrtoe that but the turbo being closer to the butterfly thing is correct humm not bad considering