PDA

View Full Version : Stage 4

Matra et Alpine
05-31-2004, 06:02 AM
OK, do fine on the relaxed section ? Maybe eat something or no :)
Check over timecards again, all OK, times match yours ?
How's fuel ? Check over tyres, etc.
USE relaxed sections to make sure you don't have problems later :)

So, got your off-time for the next stage start ?
1 minute before, get into Q ( if one ) and get belts tightened, pencils checked, rubbers, map light ...

( This stage is using crossings so you'll want to read up on that in the skills section )

Stage 4

TC3 -> TC4, 9 miles, 18 minutes, CRO

Cross these grid lines in order ....

53, 53, 72, 53, 52, 51, 71, 70, 70, 50
70, 70, 49, 70, 69, 49, 50, 69, 51, 69.

NAM 2 junctions furthest west in this section

TC4 is at 514683 SSE

Mustang
05-31-2004, 07:51 AM
Hey Peter this one i s a bit harder, is there any chance that you can just show where the first point is because i am not ntirely sure how this thing works even with reading the skills section,

thanks

SilverG35SportC
05-31-2004, 08:59 AM
YEah what is the deal w/ this??

Mustang
05-31-2004, 09:00 AM
YEah what is the deal w/ this??

i know what the deal with it is i just dont understand how to find the first point :p

Matra et Alpine
05-31-2004, 10:39 AM
OK, you asked the TC marshal and he recognises your novices and helps you out on the first 4 grid line crossings by noting the order they appear on the map

53, 53, 72, 53

and giving you the route through them. Rest is up to you

BTW, the map to use is the same as for Stage 3.

Matra et Alpine
05-31-2004, 10:47 AM
Hey Peter this one i s a bit harder, is there any chance that you can just show where the first point is because i am not ntirely sure how this thing works even with reading the skills section,

thanks
Well you are looking for a reoute where the road crosses the given grid lines in the order printed.
Hopefully, the assistance the TC marshal has given the novice crew will make it easier - and apologies for me cocking it up anyway :)

Mustang
05-31-2004, 10:50 AM
ok thanks ill try and get the hang of it now then :)

Matra et Alpine
05-31-2004, 11:10 AM
I should have added more exxplanation on that map segment.
The numbers in the circles are the order of the grid line crossings
so (1)=53, (2)=53 (3)=72 and (4)=53
I drew them on to help guide you. You woulnd' tdo that during the event. Only there as explanation

Mustang
05-31-2004, 11:40 AM
well here we are i dont know if it is correct i found this one a bit harder :)

Matra et Alpine
06-01-2004, 12:54 PM
OK, so that one was a little harder.

You had to follow the crossing instructions VERY clearly and each step and EVERY step.
Miss one and you'll struggle.

To try to assist, what I've done is marked up the map in my typical intermediate stage.
This is as I go through the grid lines and I mark where the road crosses the line number given. THEN I draw the route - and remove the cross lines.

So the first map is just my 'working'
The second map is the route as I then read it to the driver.
NOTE: Here you see where I will use the route line and swap it from one side of the road to the other.
This becomes important when 2 junctions are near to each other. It's important that as a nav your drawings cannot be mis-read. So by putting the corner mark on the OUTSIDE of the corner I ensure I don't get confused at the point where they are close .

Going back to the skills, for grid lines you want to tick each number on the instructions as you mark it on the map and then look for the next grid line number in the instructions and find where it is on the road and then mark it and tick the instructino and continue till all are done.

Anyone still struggling with this raise it in Q&A and we'll try to work out a better description.

Matra et Alpine
06-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Don't forget to remember those NAMs, the driver will need warning of them coming up :)

Mustang
06-02-2004, 06:07 AM
thanks for clearing that up Peter i was a bit suck on that one :o :(

Matra et Alpine
06-02-2004, 09:30 AM
thanks for clearing that up Peter i was a bit suck on that one :o :(
Does it make sense now, can you see what you missed ?
More importantly, can you think of a better way to describe the steps as I'm going to be giving this as a course soon :) I'm hoping it's just the lack of real-time interactino that's making this harder.