PDA

View Full Version : Stoddart buys five Arrows F1 racecars

piledriver
06-18-2003, 03:57 AM
European Minardi Cosworth F1 team principal Paul Stoddart bought five Arrows A23 chassis yesterday, the first day of the two-day, 2496-lot auction of the remaining assets of Arrows Grand Prix International in Leafield, UK. The A23 chassis was used by the now defunct team in all but the final seven races of the 2002 season. Stoddart's move has led to speculation that these cars will replace the current Minardi PS03 as soon as practicable.

motorhead
06-28-2003, 02:00 AM
minardi is doing way way way better now with the arrows chassis

piledriver
07-04-2003, 04:58 AM
I don´t think so, ´cos the last arrows´ chassis were not too good at high downforce tracks, but its strongness were the high speed circuits... remember it used cosworth engines...

Homem de Gelo
07-04-2003, 11:07 AM
Are they actually using the Arrows chassis?

Rob
07-05-2003, 09:00 AM
I don't think Paul Stoddart is realy smart if he uses them, the chassis are already a year old, I think Minardi must use the money to improve their current racecar, not buying old racecars.

piledriver
07-07-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Rob
I don't think Paul Stoddart is realy smart if he uses them, the chassis are already a year old, I think Minardi must use the money to improve their current racecar, not buying old racecars.

what the minardi team will do is unmount entire car and check the parts to compare with this year´s minardi model and try to improve the car with these parts...
we have to agree that the last arrows was not so bad, like this year´s minardi...
:D
But who knows wheter this will work...