PDA

View Full Version : Why street racing is BAD

Matra et Alpine
06-01-2004, 06:45 PM
A recent 'cruise' in Scotland ended up with some idiot running his Evo at full tilt along the road where otheres were 'cruising'

He ended up loosing control and ploughing HEAD-ON into a Fiat Punto.

Luckily no one was badly hurt.
The Evo driver ran off.
Rumours abound who he was, was the car stolen etc.
One witness said he said he was going to say the car was stolen before he ran off.

This could end 'cruising' in that area of Scotland.
It's certainly turned a lot of folks off taking their cars to other cruises in case something similar happens.

Driving fast should be restricted to track folks.......

Here's a pic of the Punto before, the owner had a nice few mods to it and it was a VERY nice car.
Written off and with nobody to claim against a loss of NoClaimsBonus which means this has cost the guy a LOT.

Needless to say there are suggestions of marauding vigilantes with baseball bats trying to find the Evo driver. If I find out the facts - lots of rumour just now - I'll get back.

BUT *PLEASE* guys keep the fast stuff for tracks and organsied race/rally events where safety is taken seriously and drivers are capable of knowing the car and thier own limits and controlling it !!

Coventrysucks
06-01-2004, 08:21 PM
...it was a VERY nice car.

Punto? ;)

Seriously, this sort of thing benefits no one - it is good to see that no one was seriously injured.

A few months ago when we had some snow some little sh*t in a fiesta hit a taxi head on outside my room - it was a low speed imapact, but caused a lot of damage to the taxi's wing and bumper. The knob in the fiesta just got out the car and ran, the passenger got out, looked a bit sheepish. I think he wanted to help, but then the cabbie looked as if he was about to commit murder after seeing the driver run, so the passenger ran as well.

I reckon the Fester was either stolen, or just uninsured/ taxed etc.

The cabbie had a fare at the time, so he did a bit of DIY repair, and continued before returning to get the registration.

Unfortunately the fiesta had ended up at right angles to the road, completely blocking it, which caused all kinds of hilarity.

The Police eventually turned up, and were able to slide the car onto a recovery truck on the snow, as the steering lock was on.

bk4uyeah
06-01-2004, 10:13 PM
I agree, you may get of the first few times, but you're either going to get hurt or busted

Cotterik
06-02-2004, 12:51 AM
OH no.. please, not the Evo. Why would god give such a beautiful piece of machinery to a DARN RICER!? That guy deserves to be hung. Yea the punto was nice before, but a totalled evo brings a tear to my eye :(

Coventrysucks
06-02-2004, 06:37 AM
a totalled evo brings a tear to my eye :(

You sad bastard :)

byronleehk
06-03-2004, 09:29 AM
When will people learn that by driving a fast car doesn't make you a good driver??

GROW UP people! Don't street race! It's STUPID! Enough said! :mad: