PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR commentators

Coventrysucks
06-01-2004, 06:49 PM
I don't like NASCAR, but it is on in the background as nothing else is on.

The commentator just started the race with the immortal line "Biggedy-biggedy-lets go racing boys!" :rolleyes:

Why is it that all NASCAR commentators seem to be the most dull, and uninteresting commentators in the world?

I know they don't have much to work with, but they seem overly fixated with tyre pressures.

I'd even go as far as to say that James Allen might be better than these guys

Another one I just heard is "led for a bunch of laps" how technical :rolleyes:

Can anyone explain what purpose the "caution flag" system serves, it seems very arbitrary.

Who do you think are the best/ worst commentators?

johnnynumfiv
06-01-2004, 07:27 PM
The caution flag lets the damaged cars or debris to be cleared off the track. I can agree that nascar is a little boring, I prefer 5/8 mile dirt track races, a lot more action, accidents and the like. And yes, the commentators are very boring, but there isn't much that goes on if there are no accidents.

ZerK
06-02-2004, 05:23 AM
"NASCAR ain't even a motorsport, it's just a bunch of fat hillbillys driving round in circles for hours on end..."

NAZCA C2
06-03-2004, 07:58 PM
The worst motorsport in the world would'nt be complete without the worst announcers.

Falcon500
06-04-2004, 04:46 AM
NASCAR while nothing but going around in circles actually does have its own charm...the speed the concentration its actually very good...the crashes are some of the best...and nascar actually has more fans in america then world wide....are all these people hillbillys?
I actually find the sport more entertaining then f1...at least theirs passing...and i prefer tin tops....its still fairly dull compared to most other motorsports though.

cls12vg30
06-04-2004, 06:38 AM
The thing about NASCAR is that there's so much science in the little details (tire pressure, spoiler angles, fuel consumption rates, suspension settings) that spectators can't really appreciate and don't really care about. Aside from those minute details the rules keep all the cars pretty much the same these days. And yet, NASCAR's popularity has been steadily increasing for about the last ten years, and there's really big money involved now, corporate sponsorship on everything. But the fact remains, even if they deny it, the only reason most people watch them motor around in circles for hours is to see a crash.

I know a lot of people who are really into it, but I just can't get excited about four hours of left turns and carbureted pushrod V-8's. Some of the drivers are really famous here, and I always see people with stickers on their bumpers bearing the number of their favorite driver. Too bad the average WRC driver makes their favorite NASCAR driver look like a complete chump.

SIMPLETON
06-05-2004, 04:49 PM
...the crashes are some of the best...
I absolutely agree :)

NAZCA C2
06-05-2004, 08:23 PM
NASCAR crashes are lame. If you have seen one you've seen em all. WRC has some crazy crashes and F1 usually has a few big ones every year. How bout when the MB CLK-GTR took flight at Le Mans a few years back, now that was a crash!!!

Falcon500
06-06-2004, 03:33 AM
[QUOTE=NAZCA C2]NASCAR crashes are lame.[QUOTE]
lame eh? so a car letting go at 150 odd mph pinballing off the walls and pileing up many other cars is lame? oh well what ever floats your boat....
And i think open wheelers are great for crashes too....ilikeit whent heir wheels touch :)

fpv_gtho
06-06-2004, 04:45 AM
NASCAR crashes are lame. If you have seen one you've seen em all. WRC has some crazy crashes and F1 usually has a few big ones every year. How bout when the MB CLK-GTR took flight at Le Mans a few years back, now that was a crash!!!

I think that crash still shakes Webber up.

Falcon500
06-06-2004, 05:44 AM
I think that crash still shakes Webber up.
Well i tell you hat itll shake me something fierce...