PDA

View Full Version : Virtual lap: Circuit of the Americas.

Dino Scuderia
06-06-2012, 04:53 AM
Seems a pretty long lap with two hard braking zones.

Codemasters F1 2012 video lap of Circuit of the Americas - F1 Fanatic (http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/06/05/video-lap-circuit-americas-codemasters-f1-2012/)

culver
06-06-2012, 05:27 AM
Too bad the great tracks in America are simply unsafe for F1 cars. The cars are too fast and don't have enough built in safety (vs using runoff areas etc). I would much rather see these cars at classic tracks like Road America, Road Atlanta, Mid-Ohio, Watkins Glen, or even Laguna Seca.

LHamilton_w
06-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Too bad the great tracks in America are simply unsafe for F1 cars. The cars are too fast and don't have enough built in safety (vs using runoff areas etc). I would much rather see these cars at classic tracks like Road America, Road Atlanta, Mid-Ohio, Watkins Glen, or even Laguna Seca.

All great tracks, but for F1 to go there I'd imagine each would have to be "modernized" (basically look more like the circuits F1 uses in Europe). In fact, I'd like to see at least one of these tracks undergo that process, hopefully without altering the main layout :cool:

As for the Circuit of the Americas, I am looking forward to it, not only because F1 is returning to the US, but also because this track will be the first of its kind in the United States as far as I know. Based solely on watching that virtual lap, the circuit does not look too bad.

Dino Scuderia
06-13-2012, 04:26 AM
According to Mario T1 at Austin is steeper than Eau Rouge at Spa.:eek: