PDA

View Full Version : did it really happen?

Fowler
06-02-2004, 03:49 PM
http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/5/31/225546.shtml

believe me, i hate bringing this up considering how much of a political flame war this could become, but i felt i should post it anyways.

honestly, its alittle too over the top and childish for me to think it actually happened. they said it was actually caught on film, and yet no link to a still image or anything. on top of that, the whole site has a sort of right wing / born again bias feel.

doesnt neccessarily mean i'm pro-democratic. plz understand that i dont want to see kerry in office as much as bush.

Coventrysucks
06-03-2004, 07:47 AM
I don't care.

Bush is a complete idiot, and I have no respect for him, at all.

Unfortunately despite the fact that a haddock would make a better president, the competition appears to be another idiot, who is doing everything in his power to loose.

I can understand the problem, as the political landscape is very much the same over here.

(Awaits to see that Spec-ops Blackhawk hovering over the house again :rolleyes: )

UK CARS
06-03-2004, 07:50 AM
wow that sites amazing! :eek:

see here (http://www.newsmaxstore.com/nms/showprod.cfm?&DID=6&CATID=13&ObjectGroup_ID=47&af_id=533)

cls12vg30
06-03-2004, 02:00 PM
Haha yeah Newsmax is a pretty conservative site..and yes UK a lot of conservatives really respect Churchill, and compare Kerry to Chamberlain.

baddabang
06-03-2004, 02:05 PM
wouldnt suprize me :( its america :o

werty
06-03-2004, 03:53 PM
I don't care.

Bush is a complete idiot, and I have no respect for him, at all.

Unfortunately despite the fact that a haddock would make a better president, the competition appears to be another idiot, who is doing everything in his power to loose.

I can understand the problem, as the political landscape is very much the same over here.

(Awaits to see that Spec-ops Blackhawk hovering over the house again :rolleyes: )

don't want to start an arguement but why don't you respect President Bush. He's not even your President, so what is he doing that upsets you?

Coventrysucks
06-03-2004, 05:38 PM
don't want to start an arguement but why don't you respect President Bush. He's not even your President, so what is he doing that upsets you?

I fail to see why I wouldn't be allowed an opinion on a person because he isn't the leader of my country.

President Bush and Prime Minister Blair are close allies, and therefore his actions and policies can affect me - even if it is only indirectly.

I will conceed that my first post is supposed to be taken light heartedly, and isn't particularly accurate.

Anyway...
He hasn't done anything that has upset me, he has just failed to do anything that I feel I can respect him for.

He is the leader of the wealthiest and most powerful country in the world.
What has he done with this wealth and power?

He has had a magnificent opportunity, like those before him, to drastically change the world (for the better). This is why he is an idiot - he has not taken that opportunity.

What has he actually done?

I can't think of anything that Mr Bush has done that has had a beneficial effect on the world. (and not just the western world/ the USA)

I see him like a small child who has been given the keys to the candy shop, but instead of doing the right thing, and opening the doors and allowing the whole world to enjoy his candy, he is sitting in a corner greedily stuffing his face.

It isn't just Bush either. No politicians seem overly eager to do anything that doesn't result in them benefitting materialistically from short term gains.

Very depressing really. :(