PDA

View Full Version : Free Gt4 Demo Disc!!!

DarkPhenix
06-03-2004, 01:51 PM
Toyota offering free Gran Turismo 4 demo disc

http://www.gamespot.com/b.gif
Carmaker promises to send those requesting Prius brochures a "playable" demo; reports indicate it features two cars on two tracks.

Over the past several days, Gran Turismo 4 forums have been filled with posts about an American preview disc of the PlayStation 2 racing sequel. But rather than Gran Turismo 4: Prologue Edition, the stripped-down version of the game being sold in Europe and Japan for around $30, this demo is allegedly free.

Sound too good to be true? That's because it is--sort of. There is a free Gran Turismo 4 disc being offered in the US, but only as part of a promotional campaign by Toyota. Those interested in receiving the disc should log on to Toyota.com (http://www.toyota.com/), select "Vehicles," then "Brochures," and then "Request A Brochure." Requestors will then be prompted to fill out a form with a valid address and pick two Toyota models they want information on, one of which should be the Prius hybrid.

Once the address is verified, a screen will appear that lists the items being sent to the brochure requestor. It reads:

"ITEMS ORDERED STATUS
2004 Prius Brochure Valid to Fulfill
2004 RAV4 Brochure Valid to Fulfill
Gran Tourismo 4 DVD Valid to Fulfill
2004 Prius Accessory Brochure Valid to Fulfill
2004 RAV4 Accessory Brochure Valid to Fulfill
College Graduate Rebate Flyer Valid to Fulfill"

But what exactly is the "Gran Tourismo 4 DVD" mentioned? Although misspelled, it is a "playable demo" of Gran Turismo 4, according to Toyota representatives contacted by GameSpot. However, the Toyota reps could not confirm what was on the disc or when it would arrive. For their part, Sony reps passed along inquires about the disc to other Sony reps, who had not commented by press time.

However, several sources indicate that the "Gran Tourismo 4 DVD" (sic) in question is an Americanized version of the Gran Turismo 4 Prius Trial Version that was offered at Japanese Toyota dealers late last year. According to unconfirmed reports, the disc features two cars, the Prius and the Toyota MTRC, and two tracks, the Fuji Speedway and Grand Canyon.

GameSpot will have more on the Toyota Gran Turismo 4 DVD when (if?) it turns up in our mailbox.

By Tor Thorsen -- GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/)
POSTED: 06/02/04 05:14PM PST

deffenbaugh03
06-03-2004, 01:59 PM
Thanks im definitely going to go try that right now

deffenbaugh03
06-03-2004, 02:05 PM
crap they said they were out of stock

ITEMS ORDERED STATUS

2004 Prius Brochure Out of Stock
2004 MR2 Spyder Brochure Out of Stock
Gran Tourismo 4 DVD Out of Stock
2004 Prius Accessory Brochure Out of Stock
Gran Tourismo 4 DVD Suppressed Duplicate Rule
College Graduate Rebate Flyer Out of Stock

what does supressed duplicate rule mean?

bk4uyeah
06-03-2004, 02:08 PM
i just ordered mine!!!

byronleehk
06-03-2004, 02:34 PM
Too late! GT4 DVD out of stock! :mad:

SilverG35SportC
06-03-2004, 02:38 PM
Dahhhh.. You have to be in the US and when you go to other countries thing I dont know where to go to?... :cool:

whiteballz
06-03-2004, 09:33 PM
i dont need the demo!

i have prologue!! its soo sweet. any questions?

ive only done so much at the moment. but have unlocked the meclaren F1 GTR, in race decals. its VERY fun. its so real, when i was racing in the streets, i hit the rear wheel on a road curb, and spun, the reflections are awsome. sounds are great, and the driver in the topless cars is done very well. its so very awsome...